Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 28 Sep 09, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
:) Disney Wedding/Honeymoon Hotel - Comments Please!

Hi all

Well, we got engaged during our last trip (September) and are getting married in Disney in September/October 2011, either Yacht Club or Wedding Pavillion

We want to do something different this trip - we are hoping to do a Disney Cruise (but only 7 night available, so DB will need some convincing!) and staying in Deluxe but want to try out a couple of resorts

So, my question is, which shall we do...thinking 2, maybe 3 at a push. Our shortlist is:

Yacht Club (always been my favourite, but do I want to try something different as always stayed here with my family, but DB hasn't)
Contemporary (love the room decor)
Wilderness Lodge (love the theming)
Animal Kingdom Lodge Savannah Room (self-explanatory)

Go on then, tell me what you think! Which should we do or not do?
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 09, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Team Thomson
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Team Thomson's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We got wed at Boardwalk, dinner at Yachtsman and stayed at Animal Kingdom.

I would recommend any of those three!

I would love to stay at Grand Floridian but think I need a lottery win first! x

Kirsty, David & Kyle x

:
Team Thomson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 09, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
jdybnsn
Imagineer

Have you thought about getting married on a Disney cruise ?

... either organised through Disney ...or organise your own, as we did during the cruise, at half the cost.
(we married on Grand Cayman on the Western cruise BTW).

**GOLD CASTAWAY CAY MEMBERS !**Feb2002- I Drive Feb2004- PORS Feb2006 -Regal Palms/4 Night Disney Wonder Feb2008- Reunion /Disney Magic Western/Omni@CG Feb2010 - Reunion/Disney Magic Eastern/Hammock Beach PalmCoast July2010- Disney Magic 8 Night Dover-Barcelona July2011 Disney Magic10 Night Med.Feb2012-Anna Maria Island/Disney Dream X2/Hyatt GC. May 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern
jdybnsn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 09, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
The boardwalk inn is beautiful, and because it only has about 350 rooms it is very cosey - their club level is fantastic. Also how about the poly for a romantic tropical honeymoon?
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 09, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Thanks for your comments...

If we get married at the Yacht Club, we will be eating at Yachtsman, great minds think alike! Not sure about Wedding Pavillion yet though...

We crossed out a cruise wedding as atm I'm struggling to convince DB that it's not 7 days stuck on a boat...4 night I'd have been ok but I think the Wonder is off on its travels so only 7 nights available in Sept/Oct 2011 - rubbish! Also, we wanted the cruise to be our honeymoon (as such) and I can't expect all our friends and family to pay for the cruise too as another part of their hols...we are trying to arrange it during Value season when there will hopefully be free dining to help them with the cost side as we obviously can't afford to pay for everyone else too!

We had a look at Boardwalk but I really don't like their decor...the rooms just look too 'busy'...I have looked at pics of our chosen 4 apart from Yacht as I already know how wonderful it is, and we are at least able to agree on this. I think we would look at Poly but it is just that little bit more expensive, and if I were to choose a monorail resort (I don't think I'd like to do more than 1 in 1 trip), I'd rather stay at Contemporary (well, that's certainly my thoughts atm) but maybe I will mention Poly and see what he says!

Any more comments from anyone?
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 09, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Just to add, just in case you mean the old style bwi rooms, all rooms have been refurbished and the old busy patterns have gone replaced by crisp white bed covers and more subtle curtains, etc - pictures are in my latest trip report . Yc is currently being refurbished with similar designs and bc was also refurbished last year with a pretty more subtle design.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 09, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Well the room does look lovely, maybe I'll show DB and add it to the list...the point of my post was to get my list down not add to it! Lol
I just don't know...
Any more comments welcome please!
Old 29 Sep 09, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Hi,
I'm totally biased as I just returned from there a few days ago but I love AKL! We had a DVC savanna room in Jambo and it was truly beautiful, on a night it was magical. We visited the Boardwalk and Beach Club when we were there and although they are lovely there is something more tranquil (i thought) at AKL, despite it being a big resortand quite busy in the lobby it felt like a transportation away from the hustle and bustle of the parks. We own at SSR and that again is lovely but I am just swept away by AKL at the moment and we are already planning to return there in 2011. Theres some pics in my profile that were taken there.
I just saw your location - we used to live in East Cliff! small world.

Edited at 07:07 PM. Reason: pics
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 09, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
AKL is on our list! I think we'll definately either stay here or at Wilderness Lodge but it's just a question of choosing which. They are too similar to stay in in one trip...but the only way to do it is Savannah View of course!
Old 29 Sep 09, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi,

We got married at the Boardwalk Gazebo overlooking the lake which was lovely and the it was the perfect setting for photographs.

We stayed at AKL with a Savannah Room, again brilliant. There are so many places to choose from I don't think you would be disappointed. I also really like WL similar interior to AKL.

Disney Cruise is fab too, we done that for our honeymoon (the week before our wedding, I always get things back to front!). We got a great deal through vacations to go.

Enjoy whatever your choose!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread