Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 3 Jan 10, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
hippychick
Trading Disney Pins

Florida Wedding. Suggestions?

Me and my finacee have been looking at getting married in florida in october 2011. So i was just wondering if anyone has gotten married there and have any suggests on where is the best place to get married in orlando. Also if you have any suggestions on how to book it (whether through travel agent or direct through location).

Any help would be grately appreciated.
Old 3 Jan 10, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando_Kings
Very Serious Dibber

Orlando_Kings's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I can recommend Cypress Grove for a superb wedding location - we got married there in Sept last year.
We booked and arranged all via Virgin Holidays all within a few months and thankfully all went v v smoothly and well for us & it really was the best day ever!
Not sure if you've seen/found, but there is a member on here (based in Orlando) that does wedding planning etc...
Orlando_Kings is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 10, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Hels80
VIP Dibber

We got married in Orlando in August. We used Helen Ronchetti from elegantweddingsoforlando/
She was brilliant- organised everything for us via email and was just so lovely to deal with, nothing was too much trouble.
I literally emailed her asking for a quote and she emailed me back in seconds. Very efficient. She even met us as Downtown Disney Check in to give us our wedding photos so they didn't need to be posted.
She's a star!
Helen x
Best Western I drive 1997, Regal Palms 2009, Wedding at Beuna Vista Palace 04/08/09, Coco Key 2010, Art of Animation, RPR Universal, Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014, RPR & Disney's Swan 2017, Rosen Inn @ Pointe, Hard Rock Hotel, Port Orleans French 2018.

DLP: :
Best Western MLV 2007, Hotel Cheyenne 2008, Sequoia Lodge 2010, Dream Castle 2011, Kyriad MLV Torcy 2012, Hotel El'ysee 2012, Hotel Cheyenne 2013, Sequoia Lodge 2015.
Hels80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 10, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
simba1
Excited about Disney

I'll be watching this with interest, as we are thinking of getting married in Florida, but have no idea where to start!
Oct 2009- Residence Inn by Marriott near Seaword
Oct 2010- Disney' s Old key west & Floridays
simba1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 10, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Rowie
Serious Dibber

I'm booked to get married this October at Cypress Grove Lakeside Plantation, I booked mine through Virgin.

Sorry can't give you much more information but I hope to have a full report of holiday and wedding on here in Nov!

Happy planning!

Helen xxx
Rowie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 10, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Diesel_Staffie
Imagineer

Im getting married this october at Bahama Bay (Wanted something beach looking)

I have booked with Carrie here on the dibb (FLgirl-UKnow) using her company destination occasion.

Bahama bay wasnt on her list but she pulled the stops to allow us to use there.

Prices are fab too!

If you need any more info let me know

Next trip : December 2023
Diesel_Staffie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 10, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
fleurbie
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Orlando_Kings View Post
I can recommend Cypress Grove for a superb wedding location - we got married there in Sept last year.
We booked and arranged all via Virgin Holidays all within a few months and thankfully all went v v smoothly and well for us & it really was the best day ever!
Not sure if you've seen/found, but there is a member on here (based in Orlando) that does wedding planning etc...
We got married same location and it was fantastic, we book ours through virgin, and it was all very easy, i was was starting to panic as didn't even have reception book before we got there, but once there we had a wedding planner meet us and sorted everything out we had our reception at planet hollywood, which was great, all transport was sorted even the cake and flowers, i had the best day and can highly recomend virgin
Nov 19 CBR, September 22 BRV, BWV 💕
fleurbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 10, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
We got married at cypress grove in may 04, we booked direct through crownline inc. who we think do the travel agent weddings.
If you are interested the website is cypressgrovepark.com.

We were very worried booking online/phone but the wedding was perfect. They cater to suit, helped find hair/makeup person.

Flowers/photos were great and limousine was the orlando magics.

If your looking to save money, the cakes are from publix and are 1/3 of the price.
Orlando 2004 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 10, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
princess annie
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Congratulations!

Carrie (FLgirl-UKnow) at Destination Occasions (a Dibb sponsor) is helping us to arrange our wedding at Orlando Historic Inn in September - she is amazing, so helpful and lovely.

I was originally looking at another venue and asked her if she know about it. She didn't but she went and looked at the venue for me and then called me to discuss it. With her help, we have decided on Orlando Historic Inn as it suited our requirements more but Carrie didn't push us into anything - she just gave us all the information we need to make our decision. She is arranging everything for us for a brilliant price.

Hope this helps with your decisions.
Old 3 Jan 10, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
lausan
VIP Dibber

lausan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 4
Guidebook Photos: 47
wedding channel sky had Focus Florida on today... it was the Virgin rep Orlando and gulf coast showing all different venues really good