Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 17 Feb 10, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Question April/May or September - Help use choose please.

We're trying to decide whether to get married in May or Septemeber 2012.
Our main concerns are going at a time when it's cheapest for our guests and giving them plenty of time to save. DH2B thinks September would be better to give people 2 1/2 years. September however worries me as it's hurricane season and can still be quite hot and humid.
I think if we go last week of April/first week of May (avoiding Easter on 8th April), the parks will be quiet and the weather will be perfect. Am I right in thinking the spring break crowd will have cleared out by then?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 10, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

I'd say go for the first last week in April as thats when im planning for too
September did cross my mind because thats when i went before and i know how low the crowds were but the fact its hurricane season and theres more chance of rain has put me off espcially as we plan to have the wedding outside at Sea Breeze point.

Happy Planning
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 10, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Sarah84 View Post
the fact its hurricane season and theres more chance of rain has put me off espcially as we plan to have the wedding outside at Sea Breeze point.

Happy Planning
This is the problem. Imagine how devastating it would be to end up in a storm or even just rain
Old 17 Feb 10, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
GrumpyDopey&Me
Imagineer

GrumpyDopey&Me's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I think the best thing to do would look at local schools (orlando) holiday and see when that is.

I think end of april would be lovely
GrumpyDopey&Me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 10, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Alex uk View Post
This is the problem. Imagine how devastating it would be to end up in a storm or even just rain
I would be gutted, they do move you to an indoor location if it happens but that wouldn't be the location i picked and wanted to get married at
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 10, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Leanne1977
Imagineer

Leanne1977's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I would choose May over September purely based on the weather. We have had lovely weather in Sept but we have also had very rainy weather where it rained most of the day for 3 or 4 days. Not good for a wedding.

But May has always been glorious and not too humid.

WDW Villa Jul/Aug 2005
DLP SL Jan/Feb 2006, DCR Feb 2007, Cheyenne Feb 2008, NB Nov 2009, Ibis July 2010
WDW Pop Sept 2006
WDW ASM/HRH/POP Sept 2007 free DDP
WDW Regal Sun/SSR/CIAS May 2008
WDW CIAS/RPR/Cypress Pointe GV Aug 2008
WDW Highgate Park/AKV/BCV Dec 2008
WDW SSR/Pop May 2009
WDW RPR/BCV/BWV/VB/VWL/OKW/Kidani/DCL Jul/Aug 2009
WDW Dibb Villa/Regal Sun May 2010
WDW BCV/VB/DCL Oct/Nov 2010 Wedding trip!
WDW SSR/Dibb Villa/VB Oct 2011 1st wedding anniversary trip!
WDW OKW/VB/Peabody Aug 2013
Leanne1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 10, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post

See, well will be having a September wedding but as its hurricane season more often than not the rain/yucky weather starts in the afternoon so we will be planning on having a morning slot for our wedding. Good luck!
Old 18 Feb 10, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Kim
Imagineer

We chose september for one reason only... Free dining.

This saved our guests a lot of money. Collectively we saved a whopping $28,324 on food

I must admit that the thought of a hurricane, was one of the first things I thought about. However the Disney wedding planing team reassured me that they are experts at coping with this and everythink is just moved to the next day.

Kim
Kim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 10, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Allisonjane
Apprentice Imagineer

I got married in September 2007, there was only 7 of us and we all stayed on site with free dining so our meal after the wedding cost us nothing at all.
It was really hot but we did have some rain, but it was usually only 15 minute showers. Our wedding was at 3pm at the Wilderness Lodge, we picked this location as my DD was only 11 months old and we wanted to keep her out of the sun as much as possible (did look at wedding pavillion but thought with only 7 of us we would look a bit lost)
Anyway that day the 15 minute shower came dead on 3pm, but it didn't spoil anything, at the Wilderness Lodge you get married on a terrace, outdoors but with a canopy over it, so we just moved back a bit closer to the building to keep out of the rain. By the time the ceremony had finished the rain and stopped and when we went outside for photos the ground was already dry.
1993, 1997, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004 all off site, 2007 Pop/AKL + Fairytale Wedding, 2008 Cypress Pointe, 2010 Disney Magic, 2010 OKW/Rolling Hills, 2011 Pop/CBR, 2013 POFQ/Bellavida, 2015 OKW/Windsor Hills/AKV, 2016 CBR, 2017 Cypress Pointe, 2018 OKW/Storey Lake, 2019 BlueTree Resort, 2019 Cypress Pointe/Tuscan Ridge, 2020 CSR, 2021 Formosa Gardens
Allisonjane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 10, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post

As a planner I would always pick May over September. All of the reasons have already been mentioned but personally May is one of my favorite months of the year. It is the lull between the busy seasons and the small window of weather where it is nearly perfection. We can still have rain but nothing like you typically see in September. Not only is rain a factor but the humidity is a big factor. Keep this in mind when picking your ceremony time. I would recommend earlier in the day if you pick September. Most ceremony times are 11, 1, 3 or 5. If you can do the 11 or 1 you'll be at less risk than you would with 3 or 5.

Happy planning!
Closed Thread