Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 24 Feb 10, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Ceremonies at Cypress Grove

Has anyone been married at Cypress Grove?

We have a 3:30pm ceremony booked in November and I am just wondering how long he ceremony generally lasts and then how long for cake cutting, champagne toast, etc.

Randy Chapman is free for our wedding day so I am thinking about cancelling the photography in our wedding package (Sterling Photography - not that impressed with their work on their website) and booking Randy myself

We'd book the 3 hour package 1 and he is asking me about timings and stuff.

We would all be getting ready at our vila in Indian Creek villa, then in the limo (OH and someone else in our hire car) to Cypress Grove which according to Google Maps would take us 26 mins (lets say 30). Randy is asking if we would like him there while we are getting ready, through the ceremony and cake cutting, etc and then to our reception (California Grill - probably another 20 - 30 mins) to take a few piccy's there.

But with a three hour package I don't really want to waste 2 half hour periods with him driving to/from places with us.

So I was thinking if he met us at Cypress Grove, we have the bridal ready room booked, so he could take some "getting ready" pictures there. Obviously we'd be ready already but he could take a few there. Then the ceremony and cake cutting, champagne toast, etc and photos in the grounds of Cypress Grove, and then would there be enough time for him to come with us to the Contemporary for some photos there? I don't know if he'd be "allowed" in the California Grill as we are just booking a table there (only 8 of us) not booking an actual reception. But he could maybe take some pictures outside with us or something?

What do you think? Sorry for the mega long post but I am just trying to figure out the best way this could work.

Laura x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 10, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
simba1
Excited about Disney

Can I ask who you've booked your wedding through? I've booked my Cypress Grove wedding through crownline and I've been told your not allowed to use any other photographers.
I've be intersested to here from people who've got married there too, as I have no idea what will be happening on the day.
Oct 2009- Residence Inn by Marriott near Seaword
Oct 2010- Disney' s Old key west & Floridays
simba1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 10, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by simba1 View Post
Can I ask who you've booked your wedding through? I've booked my Cypress Grove wedding through crownline and I've been told your not allowed to use any other photographers.
I've be intersested to here from people who've got married there too, as I have no idea what will be happening on the day.
I've booked through Helen at Elegant Weddings of Orlando.

Our package includes a photographer (Sterling) but she said we are more than welcome to take it from the package and book our own photographer.

Maybe it is a Crownline restriction rather than a Cypress Grove restriction?

I too have no idea other than the ceremony will be at 3:30. I hope someone can help us!
Old 24 Feb 10, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post

If you book with Crownline you are getting their preset package and it sounds as though they will not change details and that is probably because of the price that they've negotiated with the vendors.

If you book with an outside company like mine or Helen we construct the packages so we have the ability to add or delete things from the package.

As for the ceremony if you are having the basics I would plan for 15-20 minutes. Without having unity candles, sand ceremony, special music, etc. the actual ceremony is quite brief.

Cypress Grove gives you two hours (or at least with my packages) so you have that window to fill at your discretion. Personally I would have Randy meet you at Cypress Grove and take full advantage of his time there.

Nothing against Randy as I know many like him but I have to give kudos to Sterling. I use them for all of my packages (except for Winter Park Chapel as they have an in house photographer) and think that they do a great service. Like Helen said there is no problem changing photographers and at the end of the day it is personal preference and there is certainly enough work for all of us. Both companies are great.

Old 24 Feb 10, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
simba1
Excited about Disney

Thanks for the info
Oct 2009- Residence Inn by Marriott near Seaword
Oct 2010- Disney' s Old key west & Floridays
simba1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 10, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post

I got married at Cypress Grove and had JR Sterling as my photographer and I was very happy with him! I hate having my photo taken and he totally relaxed me and got lots of great photos especially of my boys! Loved Cypress Grove its a beautiful location to get married!
Old 24 Feb 10, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread