Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 26 Aug 19, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
ms_sunshine
New Poster (3)

March 2020 itinerary 11 days

Hi,

Staying on disney property for 11 days in March. Also have tickets for universal. I would be grateful for any advice/comments on my itinerary. Still some time away from making ADRs and requesting FPs but I have general idea of which parks I will be visiting on which days.

Day 1
Arriving in Orlando at 1605.
If not too tired after landing/clearing immigration and checking in, may ponder down to MK to check out HEA at 9pm and get a QS dinner, otherwise head to Disney Springs for a QS dinner

Day 2
Spend morning and afternoon @Magic Kingdom

Breakfast use a snack credit @ Sleepy Hollow at 8-9am (Liberty Square)

Fast Passes
Big Thunder mountain 10am (frontierland)
Peter Pan’s flight 11 (Fantasy land)
Seven dwarfs mine train 12 (fantasy land)

1330-1400 Lunch: Be Our Guest (Fantasy Land)

3pm Parade (Main street)

2000 -2100 House of Blues. Can’t reserve on Disney app or website, will call to book a table.

Day 3

Hollywood Studios try to do all day here if flagging to come back another day for star wars

Jofree’s 8-9am near toy story mania entrance or Trolley Car Café (Hollywood Boulevard) use snack credit for breakfast

Fast passes
Tier 1 12-13
Slinky dog (toy story land)
Twilight Zone Tower of terror
Rock and rollercoaster

Tier 2
Star tours 10-11 Echo Lake
Frozen Sing along 11-12 Echo Lake

Woody’s lunchbox 13-1400 (toystory land)

Starwars afternoon -either mooch around or queue for ride if no FP options

Eat at Mara near hotel at 7pm

Day 4
Epcot morning and afternoon

Akershus Royal Banquet at 830am (world showcase in Norway)

Fast passes
Tier 1

Soarin (future world west) 10-11
Testtrack (future world east)

Tier 2 (future world east)
Spaceship earth 11-12
Mission space 12-13

Eat around world showcase, then head back to hotel

ADR at Ohana 2000

Day 5
Animal Kingdom afternoon and evening

Fastpasses
Flight of passage 13-14
River Navii 14-15
Kilmajaro safari 15-16

If hungry pick up breakfast at hotel from QS area

Lunch: Eat at Satuli canteen 12-13

River of light at 815pm

Dinner Reservation at Yak and Yeti either 715pm or 9pm onwards

Day 6
Lie in
Shopping

HEA in MK with QS dinner or Disney Springs whichever we didn’t do on the arrival night

Day 7 & 8 Universal studios

Day 9
AK morning
Fastpasses for rides we didn't get before
FP/RN/Safari

Epcot evening
Testtrack
Soarin/frozen
Epcot forever
Garden Grill for dinner

Day 10
Hollywood Studios
try and get FPs for the rides we weren't successful for and queue for star wars rides

Day 11
Leaving day
Check out and leave luggage in DS (add on by virgin) or in AKL concierge

Head to MK to 1900 fare for breakfast or do you guys suggest somewhere else like cinderella's palace?

Probably heading to airport at 4-5pm depending on magical express timetable as flight at 9pm ish

Please feel free to make suggestions that will make our trip better.

Thanks
ms_sunshine is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

Are you not going to any water parks?

Have you thought about getting a night at a Universal hotel so you get express passes?

Personally I wouldn't FP shows (like Frozen singalong) but it is quite difficult with the new tiers in HS.

In AK you can only FP one of Navi river or Flight of passage, they're both Tier 1. For your other FP I'd recommend Everest. Also talking about AK if you can do the Safari at two different times of day that would be better. Around lunchtime you won't see much as it's too hot.

Orlando I-Drive April 2010, July 2017
New York and Washington October 2016
New York and Toronto July 2019
galaxyflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
ms_sunshine
New Poster (3)

Thanks for replying. I should have said that there are 2 adults going, we don't enjoy water parks not really our thing. Thanks for looking at our itinerary and I will incorporate your suggestions.
We are probably going to buy the express passes as an extra when we go to universal. As the package is all booked now, it might be too much hassle to include a night stay in Universal.
Thanks
ms_sunshine is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 05:18 AM  
Link to this Post

It is quite a short trip to do both Disney and Universal, unless you have already bought tickets, I would seriously consider dropping Universal. Otherwise, I would maybe try and put another park in on day six when you have none and maybe do part shopping part park day. We are two adults and do not need to have a full shopping / rest day.

On your HS and Epcot days, I am reading that you will do one of the Tier 1 rides but have not decided yet. However on your Animal Kingdom day you seem to be indicating that you will do Navi and FoP, unfortunately these are also both tier 1 rides, so you need to pick one and try to come up with a plan for getting on the other.

Note that 1900 Park Fare is not in Magic Kingdom, it is in the Grand Floridian but you can get the monorail over to MK afterwards if you decide on this. I don't think there is a right answer as to whether to do this or CRT, that is a personal preference, both are well liked, but CRT will be the harder to get reservation and you will need to book promptly.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 05:20 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by ms_sunshine View Post
Thanks for replying. I should have said that there are 2 adults going, we don't enjoy water parks not really our thing. Thanks for looking at our itinerary and I will incorporate your suggestions.
We are probably going to buy the express passes as an extra when we go to universal. As the package is all booked now, it might be too much hassle to include a night stay in Universal.
Thanks
You don't need to change your existing booking, just book the night at Universal as well. That time of year a night at a universal hotel could well cost less than two days of express passes.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List