Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 3 Dec 19, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
dragsapphire
Excited about Disney

Day six continued

So as said before the guys weren't getting back until 18:30 so we changed the reservation to Boma. This was lucky that we did as they ended up getting back to the room until 19:20. The reservation was at 19:45.
The buffet at Boma has so much variation. It was thanksgiving so they had a whole thanksgiving meal station. Here's a couple buffet plates to give you an idea of what we had.

I also had a magical star cocktail whilst the others had their usual Tuskers and a coke

After this it was time for an early night
dragsapphire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 19, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
dragsapphire
Excited about Disney

Day 7- Epcot and Teppan Edo

Day seven we were going to do taking a break, but Andrew had other ideas. So me and him went to Epcot whilst dad had a rest day. Lucky for some.

It started with Breakfast at the Mara. Because we were lacking on using credits, I decided to have a full QS this time and chose the Ham, Egg and cheese sandwich same as Dad whilst Andrew had the bounty platter. Two drinks were swapped for a bagel and a zebra cake (still in the fridge).

It was a waste. Too much food.

At epcot, we used some of our multi passes for test track and had one for Soarin. Andrews new favourite ride is Test Track. I also subjected him to figment. I love how silly this ride is, and its so catchy.

We had lunch at Sunshine seasons whilst we were waiting for our Soarin fastpasses. I went Asian with the Beef and got a turtle brownie. This was yummmm. (1 QS and 1SC)

Andrew had three snacks. I don't know how he managed it, but that's what the receipt says. Pizza, cookie and crisps.

After this, we did more wandering. Festival of the holidays had started so we decided to try the Japanese offerings. The New Year Soba Noodles (1 SC)

And the sushi tree (1 SC)

They were ok. Better than the food and wine offering and the fish on the sushi was proper sushi tuna so that was good.

After this we still had time to burn before our reservation so ended up going to the boardwalk. We popped in the boardwalk bakery to use up our credits on snacks for when we get hungry... See the issue with that? Warning. The food ended up as a car crash. It started as soon as we ordered from the boardwalk bakery as he put my cinnamon roll in upside down in the bag. We ordered the strawberry cupcake, a chocolate chip cookie and a cinnamon roll.

They tasted great, but definitely not ready for their close up.

Our reservation at Teppan Edo was due and we were seated almost immediately. This is a communal meal so we were sat with another family. I think this can make or break your experience here and sadly we had a very loud self involved family which took most of the servers attention, poor girl.
It is still a great show but other tables were definitely having more fun with it. (3 TS)
Salad gets served to everyone

Dad chose the julienne Steak, Andrew had the chicken and I had the steak and shrimp combo.
Its served with veg, noodles and a side of boiled rice.

You can see all the meats for the table on the Habachi grill. It really is great food and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Because the reservation was at 21:00, when we left the park was closed. Love walking through an almost empty park.
dragsapphire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 19, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
dragsapphire
Excited about Disney

Day 8- Grand Flo Cafe and Raglan Road

Today we were meeting up with the Uncle and Cousin that live in Daytona. It was also our Cousins 21st birthday. We were meant to be going out with them all day on the Sunday but work were being a pain and he couldnt get all the time off he wanted.

We started the day Ubering across to Grand Floridian for breakfast. (3 TS) Sadly this place was a major disappointment for us. We waited 45 minutes for our table and then another 30 for our food. I had a very hangry husband. It wasn't pretty. He ordered the grand breakfast (and asked where the rest was).

I had the benedict flight. This was nice but I found I actually preferred to traditional over the chorizo or lobster one.

Dad had the steak and eggs, but the photo has gone walkies. It was also nice food just a bit lacking. But then part of that may have been because of the waiting around. People kept complaining about missing fast passes. We were lucky as we were just going shopping so didnt have to worry.

They offer desserts with breakfast but again, not for us. We had enough.

After this we parted ways again so dad could pack and meet with Phil at their hotel for the night whilst me and Andrew went shopping at Vineland. I finally managed to pick up some Alex and Ani's from the outlets for $10 each. This was the start of a very expensive addiction to these bracelets. Apart from that, I really struggle to find anything in the disney warehouse.

In the evening, we met up with the guys at Raglan Road. We were seated just before our reservation time. We used 5 TS as we were paying.
Zack had the fish and chips. Excuse the arm. He was very possessive of his meal haha.

Dad and Phil went for the shepherds Pie (another photo that has gone walking).

Andrew had the OMG burger

I had the Gnocchi Sea, Gnocchi Do.

These meals were amazing, but again very filling. There is live entertainment all night so it was pretty loud but it was great and our server was fantastic.

Only two desserts were had. A chocolate cake and the bread and butter pudding. So gooood. But sooo full.

A great night at Raglan and would recommend. We then split ways again and said good night.
Old 4 Dec 19, 12:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Tassiriki
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Another great few days. Sorry that you have been in pain though. Hope you are healing well. How nice to be able to take your Uncle and cousin out for dinner - and that you all enjoyed it!
Tassiriki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
dragsapphire
Excited about Disney

Hey all. Got too caught up in the holiday and didnt manage a live report I'm afraid. Sat in the lounge now so see how much we get done
Old 8 Dec 19, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
dragsapphire
Excited about Disney

Day 9 - Homecomin Brunch and Disney Springs QS

This morning we were meeting up with the guys again and having a homecomin brunch. This is only done on a Sunday and was Andrews No 1 "do not cancel' pick.

On the way to meet the guys, they expressed that they were feeling very hard done by as they couldn't find a coffee place and were going to suffer immeasurably unless this was resolved. Me and Andrew, being the nice people that we are decided to stop in Starbucks and grab some.
This is two freshly made coffees and a large caramel frappuccino (3 SC)

We got to the reservation 20 minutes early but were seated straight away.
Drinks were ordered. This usual lager and cokes. I went for the Southern Mary, but regretted it as it was waaaay too strong.

Zack ordered the alcoholic iced tea, which he loved

For main, Zack ordered the chicken and doughnuts

Phil and myself ordered the hush puppy benedict

Andrew ordered the grand daddy plate

And Dad ordered the short rib hash

The food was incredible. And then she said the dreaded words. What are you having for dessert. Dessert? With a breakfast meal? No thanks. Zack and Phil were the only ones that obliged. Phil had the pecan pie, whilst Zack had two desserts. The shine cake and the chocolate cake (which he didn't managed and was eventually boxed)

They really enjoyed these as well.

You may have noticed the trend. The TS meals are so big, we tended to turn down dessert. It was just too much food. Our snack haul at the halfway line, including walmart, looked like this:

We were so desperate to get rid of some snack credits that we dragged Zack into Goofys candy and made him grab ten bags of sweets to take home with him. And so many desserts were binned it was devastating.

Anyway, moving on.

We went back to Springs for Dinner and thought we would try the ribs that everyone raves about in Morimoto Asia street food. We paid out of pocket here as we weren't sure what was included.

FYI. These ribs really are incredible. We could have eaten them again. The same can't be said for the other food we had sadly. I had the Korean BBQ Pork rice and Andrew had the ginger chicken ramen.

They were just not good. The pork was very spicy with no hint on the menu that it would be.

These did end up in the bin and we went to D-Luxe instead. (2 QS)

I had the holiday burger and Andrew had the chicken burger. These are really nice. Very filling but juicy and lovely. The milkshake is also included on the QS even though the mobile order said otherwise.

And thats it for Day 9. Halfway through
Old 8 Dec 19, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
dragsapphire
Excited about Disney

Day 10- Magic Kingdom and Morimoto Asia

It was down to just me and Andrew now and today we had decided on a Magic Kingdom morning. We were going to have breakfast at Ohana's but this was Veto'ed in favour of more sleep.
This was also the day when the park closed at 16:30 for the cast member annual event, so it was beautifully quiet and we managed quite alot of rides in a short space of time.

For lunch, we stopped at Friars Nook after Andrew spotted the Totchos.
We ordered one Mac and Cheese totchos and one chicken totchos (2 QS).
The mac and cheese I loved, but the chicken was overwhelmed by the blue cheese they added.

After a bit more wandering, we stopped at the ice cream parlour before heading out. We shared the brownie sundae (1 SC). This is soo huge. Definitely a sharer.

We left the park at two and made our way slowly to Disney Springs for Morimoto Asia restaurant. We love Japanese so were looking forward to this. I think we built it up too much as it wasn't as great as we had hoped. I don't know if we were expecting too much from TS but we really struggled with places we loved.
I ordered the spicy Salmon roll OOP and the buri bop main. The buri bop is prepared table side. The picture is what it looks like before they destroy it. It was very nice.

Andrew again had Ramen. He loves Ramen. Again, not his favourite, but not bad all the same.

When it came time to pay, they had issues with the magic band and it took a good 20 minutes and two managers before they could get it working. It wasn't their fault so were weren't too worried. It seemed to be a trend in Disney Springs restaurants but we think its because they aren't actually disney restaurants.