Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 18 Oct 19, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Birtie
slightly serious Dibber

Need some points, will this work?

I have a booking in January that I want to add an extra night to, but have used up all of my 2019 points. I’ve also got a booking for next summer that has used all of my 2020 points and borrowed some from 2021.
I’m thinking that if I cancel the summer booking, I. Oils then borrow some 2020 points for January and the re-book summer using the rest of my 2020 points and borrowing more from 2021.
Will this work or is there a better way?
Birtie's Trip ReportsOct95~QIP,Aug97~HJ Universal Tower/Wedding,Aug03~BWMovieland/BWPlaza,Feb05~BW ML/POR,Aug07~CBR,Aug08~Rosen Plaza/Marriott Suites Clearwater, Aug09~OKW,Xmas10~ASMu, Aug11~POR,Aug12~POR, Aug13~DCL Med,Xmas13~ASMu, Aug14~RPR/POR,Feb15~Shingle Creek,Aug15~SSR/DCL Western/BC,May16~DCL Norway, Dec 16~BCV/RPR/SSR, Aug 17~AKL/DCL/POL,Aug 19~POR/DCL/BRV,Jan 20~SSR/Vero/RCL,Mar 22~ESSS/SSR,Aug 22 Road Trip, Nov 23~ESSS/SSR/DCL Wish/GF

Edited at 09:51 PM.
Birtie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

I am unsure as I get as confused as you.

However, if you are in the 7-month window you can buy one-time use points from DVC. I think they are around $19 a point now? I know they have jumped in price recently
Old 18 Oct 19, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

Ring and work it out with them. I'm sure it is possible but you don't want to loose any bookings due to availability. They will also be able to check you are in your window for cancelling without penalty which I think you are but it can get really confusing with all the dates to remember. I know ringing can sometimes be a pain but I prefer sorting stuff like this out with someone to be on the safe side. Good luck!

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Birtie View Post
I have a booking in January that I want to add an extra night to, but have used up all of my 2019 points. I’ve also got a booking for next summer that has used all of my 2020 points and borrowed some from 2021.
I’m thinking that if I cancel the summer booking, I. Oils then borrow some 2020 points for January and the re-book summer using the rest of my 2020 points and borrowing more from 2021.
Will this work or is there a better way?
Go online and first select Plan a Vacation and check your summer dates to see if your dates are still available, if so go back to the home page and under My DVC click on My Dashboard

That opens up My Vacation Plans, so select/click your summer booking which opens up details of your booking such as Check-in Online, Add Magical Express and also a box with View or Modify Details

Click in that box View or Modify Details and that opens a new page named Your Reservation If you click on Modify adjacent to the room type, points used and check-in/check-out dates then that takes you do a new page called Modify Your Search

Scroll down and select Check Availability. Click on the room which opens the calendar and select your dates less the one or two nights so to free up the amount of points you need for January. Then select continue and from what I can remember there's a few more pages to confirm your new dates and select which points you want to use. Hopefully you can select all your borrowed 2021-points first then your 2020-points second.

That should free up enough 2020-points so to use in January and you'll keep your original summer confirmation number.

Once you've booked January then add back on the day/days you cancelled and borrow more of your 2021-points.

Hope that makes sense, and if not best to ring Member Services and good luck.

Edited at 09:15 AM.
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Birtie
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Br'er Bear View Post
Go online and first select Plan a Vacation and check your summer dates to see if your dates are still available, if so go back to the home page and under My DVC click on My Dashboard

That opens up My Vacation Plans, so select/click your summer booking which opens up details of your booking such as Check-in Online, Add Magical Express and also a box with View or Modify Details

Click in that box View or Modify Details and that opens a new page named Your Reservation If you click on Modify adjacent to the room type, points used and check-in/check-out dates then that takes you do a new page called Modify Your Search

Scroll down and select Check Availability. Click on the room which opens the calendar and select your dates less the one or two nights so to free up the amount of points you need for January. Then select continue and from what I can remember there's a few more pages to confirm your new dates and select which points you want to use. Hopefully you can select your 2020-points and not the borrowed 2021 points.

That should free up enough points so to use in January and you'll keep your original summer confirmation number.

Once you've booked January then add back on the day/days you cancelled and borrow more of your 2021-points.

Hope that makes sense, and if not best to ring Member Services and good luck.

Thanks for your replies, I’ll give this a try and if I get stuck then I’ll phone member services. I think it should be ok though as my booking is for SSR so I can’t imagine availability for next summer will be a problem
Birtie's Trip ReportsOct95~QIP,Aug97~HJ Universal Tower/Wedding,Aug03~BWMovieland/BWPlaza,Feb05~BW ML/POR,Aug07~CBR,Aug08~Rosen Plaza/Marriott Suites Clearwater, Aug09~OKW,Xmas10~ASMu, Aug11~POR,Aug12~POR, Aug13~DCL Med,Xmas13~ASMu, Aug14~RPR/POR,Feb15~Shingle Creek,Aug15~SSR/DCL Western/BC,May16~DCL Norway, Dec 16~BCV/RPR/SSR, Aug 17~AKL/DCL/POL,Aug 19~POR/DCL/BRV,Jan 20~SSR/Vero/RCL,Mar 22~ESSS/SSR,Aug 22 Road Trip, Nov 23~ESSS/SSR/DCL Wish/GF
Birtie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List