Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 21 Oct 19, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Treehouse villas @ Saratoga

Hello all - we are thinking of spending a few days at the Treehouse Villas next year (without park tickets) prior to our usual 2 weeks in a regular Disney resort. I priced it up on David's DVC Rentals and the cost was shocking, although to be fair I did price up 7 nights! The problem is, those things are built to sleep up to 9 and it would only be 2 of us going. I have ALWAYS wanted to stay in one of these villas.

Anyone got any suggestions? Would it be cheaper to rent some points on here from a Dibber?

Thanks in advance.
Old 21 Oct 19, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

It would be cheaper from a Dibber but probably not drastically so (and then you in theory have a risk you don’t have with David’s) - as you say they sleep so many people they are quite points heavy!
Old 21 Oct 19, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Hi Silvercat.

I think unfortunately you are being a bit over optimistic.

You will never get it cheap, because its a big place and thus expensive.

As a rule of thumb, a renter will roughly get twice the dues cost via Daves at SSR, so paying dues alone, a renter will be able to stop there at half the cost of someone renting points. But of course the renter had a large capital outlay to buy the points.

You may fall on here someone renting the points for about £10 if you are very lucky (IMO that is way too low but some people do) which would save you around $4 a point compared to Daves. If you see it snap their hand off. But they would have to book THV near to 11 months out to be sure of you getting them (ironically, SSR the last resort to normally book up due to size does not usually need an owner to book there, as anyone can secure anything at 7 months- the exception being the THV).

I like space myself (always rent at least a 1 bed for 4 of us, have done 2 beds) but a THV is very large for 2 people, albeit I appreciate you want to stay there because of what it is more than anything.

Good luck in your quest.

Edited at 06:36 PM.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List