Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 29 Sep 19, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your trip to let us follow along, I've thoroughly enjoyed it and I am so sad that it's over.

Your final thoughts are really interesting, I like DxDP for exactly the same reasons you liked paying OOP. I'm not (yet) sure what the most financially sound option is but I like knowing everything is paid for before we go. DxDP definitely does take away the spontaneity you enjoyed this year though, and although it is possible not to get yourself caught up in the 'best value' it is something at the back of your mind.

Looking forward to the next one!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Thanks for taking the time Claudette to do your food report, really enjoyed following along. Till the next time.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Wordsworth
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks for your report, I feel that we have quite similar tastes (we certainly do in wine anyway! ) so it was really interesting to read all of your reviews!
Wordsworth is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Rafiki22
Dancing with Tink'

Awesome read! Bring on the next one...
Rafiki22 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 19, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
belle&tink
Trainee Dibber

Great report! I really enjoyed reading and looking at the pictures.

Thank you
belle&tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Th1nkT1nk View Post
I hope you had a good flight back... and I hope your post disney blues aren’t too bad, although I see you have a new countdown so that should help!
I was looking at my countdown the other day and realised it is not long to go until my next ADR booking day.

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I've thoroughly enjoyed your report. It was interesting to see what was on offer in the club lounges at the resorts. After seeing the super options for breakfast at WL I'm not surprised you cancelled some of your ADRs. It seems like you've found that while it's fun to plan ahead that actually it doesn't suit the two of you. We've picked up some great restaurant ADRs on the day or perhaps the day before in previous years. So I think you're right to only worry about booking up the hard to get ADRs and if you can be flexible with your eating time then you should be able to get a table for two.

Thanks again for sharing its been lovely reading all about your holiday. Hope your feet are well and truly better now. I'm looking forward to reading about your next adventure, I see you've updated your countdown. We did 4 nights in NYC then 10 in Orlando a couple of years ago. It was my first food report! I'd love to see some of NYC again, I hope you will consider doing another report.
Thank you, yes I think I am just going to book a few things next time. We haven't done the California Grill Brunch for a couple of years so that will be one.

Originally Posted by Disney Planning View Post
I’ve really enjoyed your report and after reading your conclusions agree that sometimes the things we haven’t planned surprise us. PH is an example of a restaurant that gets a lot of bad press but you really enjoyed it, so it’s always worth trying somewhere at least once just to judge for yourself.
Glad you had a good flight home and hope the jet lag isn’t too bad.
All back to normal now, we don't tend to be too bothered by jet lag.

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
Thanks Claudette for sharing, great report
Thank you.

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
Great report, thanks for taking the time out of your trip to do it. Glad you ended on a high at Narcoossees, their mussels and surf n turf is one of my favourite meals.

Annoying that Delta wouldn't admit Nev to the lounge though - did VS not give you an an invitation with +1 on it? All UC passengers are allowed a guest if they are on the same flight, wonder if this has changed.
Yes I am very relieved that Narcoossee's worked out, I would have hated to end on a downer again like we did in February.

I didn't get a particular invitation to go into the lounge, I just presented my ticket. I asked if we needed something for Nev to fast track security and they said hope for a nice officer. In the end, there weren't any queues (nice change).

Nev has reminded me that they said Virgin were renewing their contract with Delta, but at the moment they haven't paid and so not letting guests in, they expected it to be back to normal by next month. Could have let us go in I think.

Originally Posted by xuntitledx View Post
Such a fantastic trip report - really enjoyed it. It looked like you had some fantastic meals, I could just eat a few of them now!
Glad you liked.

Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny View Post
I’ve enjoyed reading your report, thank you for sharing. I hope the jet lag and Disney blues don’t hit you too hard!
I am usually too pleased to be home for blues.

Originally Posted by Sandraoh40 View Post
Just wanted to say thank you. I enjoy reading your reviews and have used your take on dxddp to help me plan out next year.
Glad that it helped, I am contemplating upgrading to DxDDP again in April. We don't really enjoy QS very much (it is ok in resort for breakfast but we don't like them in parks) and also we like starters not desserts.

Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
I’ve just binge read the whole thread on this wet Sunday. Thank you for taking the time, I really enjoy your writing style. We always have a Boma breakfast and dinner. You weren’t missing much at Trails End, it’s really gone downhill.
I am going to do a Boma dinner next time, Nev suggested we do breakfast again too.

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your trip to let us follow along, I've thoroughly enjoyed it and I am so sad that it's over.

Your final thoughts are really interesting, I like DxDP for exactly the same reasons you liked paying OOP. I'm not (yet) sure what the most financially sound option is but I like knowing everything is paid for before we go. DxDP definitely does take away the spontaneity you enjoyed this year though, and although it is possible not to get yourself caught up in the 'best value' it is something at the back of your mind.

Yes as mentioned just above, I think we might do the DxDDP next time. I feel like it or paying cash is the best option for us and as we will get the regular plan for free, it would just be the upgrade cost to pay.

Originally Posted by Loobylou_82 View Post
Thanks for taking the time Claudette to do your food report, really enjoyed following along. Till the next time.
Originally Posted by Wordsworth View Post
Thanks for your report, I feel that we have quite similar tastes (we certainly do in wine anyway! ) so it was really interesting to read all of your reviews!
Originally Posted by Rafiki22 View Post
Awesome read! Bring on the next one...
Originally Posted by belle&tink View Post
Great report! I really enjoyed reading and looking at the pictures.

Thank you

Thanks all.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
eeyore
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Wow thank you such a great report. Particularly loved seeing the club level food. Great pics and info 😀🤩
Old 4 Oct 19, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by eeyore View Post
Wow thank you such a great report. Particularly loved seeing the club level food. Great pics and info 😀🤩
It was nice to see two different club levels. We think that the GF food was better, in that there was a wider variety and more interesting choices. However the lounge itself was busier than Wilderness Lodge lounge at service times.

We got a lovely welcome to the WL when we arrived, we were shown around, given a business card, told about the services. However when we turned up at the GF club, the CM on the desk didn't bother doing anything, in fact he seemed to wonder why we had gone over to him as we already had our room number and magic bands. He didn't welcome us or tell us anything about the services.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
That’s me just caught up with your report. It made me wish we’d had DDP instead of QSDP when I see what I missed! Fab report!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 19, 03:08 AM  
Link to this Post
chelynnah
VIP Dibber

chelynnah's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by collybird View Post

Something we’ve considered which would give you the ‘prepaid’ element of the dining plan, but the flexibility of OOP is to put the cost of the Dining Plan (whichever version) onto a gift card and use that. Just a thought. You might even end up with ,ones to spare at the end
WDW several trips as a child; WDW 1993 on working vacation; DLP Sept 2003 - Newport Bay Hotel; WDW January 2007 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; DLP Sept 2008 - DLH; WDW/US/BG January 2013 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; WDW/US and MVMCP Nov 2015 - offsite townhouse; DLP Sept 2016 - Hotel B&B; WDW Feb 2017 - POFQ; DLP June 2017 - SL GF; DLP Sept 2017 - NPB CC; DLP Nov 2018 - SL; WDW Feb 2019 - WDW Princess Half POFQ; DLP Sept 2019 - SL & DLH;
chelynnah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List