Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 26 Oct 19, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Mobile Films on amazon prime

Hi,

We’ve had amazon prime for ages as we use it for free delivery and DH used to watch the grand tour on it. However, every single time I’ve wanted to watch a film I look it up and have to pay to rent it. Are films included in the subscription?
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 19, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Princesa View Post
Hi,

We’ve had amazon prime for ages as we use it for free delivery and DH used to watch the grand tour on it. However, every single time I’ve wanted to watch a film I look it up and have to pay to rent it. Are films included in the subscription?
Some are or they have the £1.99 deals on but most lately have been pants. We find the same films are often free on Netflix . If it wasnt for the delivery I think I’d cancel my subscription as grand tour is changing as well .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 19, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Labboy
VIP Dibber

Yes lots of films are free with the prime subscription, great little film last week was Cider with Rosie, we both loved it. Also Stan and Ollie great film. Green Book fabulous, The upside, Vice, peppermint, all free with your prime subscription, great series True Detective.

Edited at 06:22 PM.
Labboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 19, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Mobile

We pay for Netflix and sky too, so I can usually find something to watch on one of those but every single time I’ve looked on amazon to watch a film - whether new or old - they’ve wanted extra payment for it. I’ve never once used it for a film and was starting to think I’d made it up that films were included. We haven’t actually used it much for free delivery either so I should probably cancel it and just keep Netflix.
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
stan_the_man
Imagineer

I seem to recall way back when lovefilm was a thing and you got whatever film you fancied as many times as you wanted by post then Amazon brought it out and we thought you could get the same service but online, i.e. any film at any time, but that's not what it turned out to be.

We tend to only keep it for grand tour and some TV series that aren't on Netflix and we watch repeatedly (namely parks and rec, the office and community), but it does seem that there is a very limited number of 'free' films. Netflix definitely outperforms them on that front.

Allergy-Friendly Food Report 2015
stan_the_man is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
katnav
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

It's not great for films however does have some good chick flicks for easy viewing. I've watched bridesmaids, failure to launch, love actually, the holiday but I mainly use it for tv series such as this is us and modern love.
katnav is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 19, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

I kept it as only pay £5.99 a month and my daughter watches it all the time. We got Netflix but my sister pays for it and we just login. I’m gonna wait to the Disney+ service is launched here and get rid of Prime as we hardly order anything.
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 19, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

We got it recently and I am really not impressed with how few films are available for free. Even really old ones that have been on tv tons of times need to be paid for. I am very tempted to cancel it after I get all my Christmas deliveries, just need to work out how that will affect music on my echo
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List