Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 1 Nov 19, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Kittones
Dancing with Tink'

Disney After Hours

Hello!
I was looking into After Hours at Disney World and was wondering if anybody has any advice on them. We already will have the 14-day UK passes, so is the experience of an empty park and the atmosphere of that worth it, or would you pass as we'd have plenty of chances to get on rides etc during the fortnight?
Also, if recommended, would you chose MK or AK?
Thanks
Kittones is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 19, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
RockTheDots
slightly serious Dibber

RockTheDots's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We did After Hours at MK in May this year. We really enjoyed the experience of being in the park with very few people and being able to walk onto all the rides. We have booked to do the Villains After Hours next April.

As to whether it's worth it, it's really a personal preference. It is quite expensive for a few hours. If you're staying on site and have access to FP+ at 60 days then you will definitely have time to do all the rides in 2 weeks. Even staying offsite you should be able to do all the rides, you just might have to queue for longer for the popular ones such as FoP, 7DMT etc as it can be hard to get FP+ for those at 30 days.
Disneyland: 2022 (Trip report: LA & Aulani), 2023
DCL: Magic x2, Dream, Wish (booked for 2024!), Fantasy and Wonder (booked for 2025!)
RockTheDots is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 19, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post

I have done AK twice and MK once. I really enjoyed AK the first time as I had never been to Pandora before that, it is a great opportunity to do FoP with the fastpasses so hard to get. On the second trip we maybe didn’t get a shower much out of it as we had by then been to Pandora a few times.

I wasn’t sure whether to do the MK one as they don’t have the tier system and we generally find it quite easy to get fast passes. We did enjoy it though and the empty parks are great. Yesterday I decided to book the MK one fo April, I thought the Villains theme would be interesting. I won’t do AK again but I would love to see them introduce a HS one.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 19, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

I have booked the Villains one for February. We weren't doing Disney this visit but I caved when I saw this. Is it worth it? Probably not but it's something different.
Old 2 Nov 19, 12:48 AM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I've done the MK one a couple of times before. Really enjoyed it - the parks are so empty that most rides are a walk on, and I get so many rides and character meets done in those 3 hours that I'm pretty much done with MK for the rest of my holiday and only go back to MK to do things like parades, fireworks, atmosphere, Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom, and other things that aren't available during the after hours.

If there was one at MK for my current trip I would have booked it.
Old 3 Nov 19, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Smithy78
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We are doing the AK one on Tuesday as we decided no Disney tickets this year. It's my favourite park so I'm looking forward to it.
Smithy78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Wizz
Getting Excited

Mobile

Just seen there are dates for over Easter at MK whilst we’re there.
Is it really worth the extra money?
Wizz is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Wizz View Post
Just seen there are dates for over Easter at MK whilst we’re there.
Is it really worth the extra money?
It is hard to answer the question is it worth it, some people will think it is and others won't. We have our fourth one booked so we would be in the yes it is worth it camp.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List