Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Nov 19, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Jools View Post
We are doing BA AA next month and have the maximum BA size hand luggage. when you've done this before were you charged by AA for the larger size or was it just put in the hold at no extra cost?
We haven't had to pay. But always got impression it was goodwill. And more of a discussion had when doing the.domestic leg first on return, because the hand luggage then ended up being checked through the full return. (So make sure if you take a second bag that it has all you need in it for both legs.) So recently we have been taking the AA max instead.

Would be interested to see how you get on, given the pp said you should be able to take BA hand luggage on no problem.

If all fine that will be good news for our next trip. BA hand luggage size is a lot bigger !
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 19, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

I'll be sure to let you know. We have 5 flights in all - 4 of them BA, just the one AA flight which is Orlando to Miami - the first of 3 flights home. Fingers crossed they don't charge us.
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Sorry to bring up an old thread but looking at hand luggage only with delta next year ( hopefully) we always just do hand luggage with European holidays , EasyJet, Ryanair , Air France etc. My cases fit the delta dimensions ok so not worried about that , I’m concerned about seat assignment. It says seats assigned at check in but I’m assuming people that pay for fares with baggage can pick seats before this. I’m worrying my 11/12 year old , depending when we go would be sat alone. Any experiences? We’re people able to book seats with basic fares or were they assigned at check in and were people split up at all? Thanks
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
My booking is with Lufthansa for this summer and I've not booked seat selection. It seems to be an optional extra (paid for of course). Most airlines offer baggage and/or seat selection and you can do either both or just one or neither it's up to you. If seat selection is important to you then I would think it would be possible without having to pay for luggage on top.

Good luck with your booking

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
thomass7
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by mrsbenny View Post
Sorry to bring up an old thread but looking at hand luggage only with delta next year ( hopefully) we always just do hand luggage with European holidays , EasyJet, Ryanair , Air France etc. My cases fit the delta dimensions ok so not worried about that , I’m concerned about seat assignment. It says seats assigned at check in but I’m assuming people that pay for fares with baggage can pick seats before this. I’m worrying my 11/12 year old , depending when we go would be sat alone. Any experiences? We’re people able to book seats with basic fares or were they assigned at check in and were people split up at all? Thanks
Hi we are a family of 7 our children are now 10, 13, 14, 17 and 20 but we have never paid for seat selection and have never been split up - we fly long haul every year, frequently indirect so a couple of flights too. This year we are booked with Lufthansa, last year Virgin but have flown with Delta, American, BA etc and have never been split up we just check in online as soon as it opens. Maybe we have just been fortunate? We also only take hand luggage now too after years of buggies, boosters and car seats it’s a relief to travel light !
thomass7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

We always now travel hand luggage only. Just ensure a one or more of your accommodations has laundry facilities (we multi centre).

We have never been split up.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List