Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 15 Oct 19, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
JaneB
Getting Excited

Visitor Toll Pass

Just returned from Orlando where we successfully used the Visitor Toll Pass . It was brilliant, straightforward -no problems. I know it supposed to be a trial but wondering if any info on whether it's going to be available permanently & from Sandford as well as MCO.
JaneB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

I returned last week as well. I was told that at present it is an extended trial.
Old 15 Oct 19, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
maxi0479
slightly serious Dibber

What is the visitor toll pass please?

2015 Coronado Spring & HRH, 2017 Port Orleans Riverside & Villa, 2020 Cancelled due to COVID, 2021 Villa & Universal Loews Royal Pacific
maxi0479 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by maxi0479 View Post
What is the visitor toll pass please?
It's a temporary scheme that has already been extended that can be used for those hiring a car from MCO (not anywhere else)

Basically it takes the rental car companies out of the equation and you hang a 'tag' on your rear view mirror that allows you to use the SunPass lanes and bills you for the tolls only with no admin fee. Plus the tolls are slightly discounted so for example a $2.50 toll will be charged at slightly less than that.

This is the full details. Click on the FAQ bit for really good info. Hope this helps.

visitortollpass/

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Kasalic
Excited about Disney

Interestingly the website now states that it is from May 1st to 30th July 2020, which is good to know as they allowed me to sign up for our 21st June 2020 to 5th July 2020 trip
June 2015 - 14 days - Silver Creek, Clermont
Sept 2016 - 14 days - Gulf Coast
January 2019 - 16 days - Kissimmee
August 2019 - 7 days - I Drive
Kasalic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

I emailed them a few weeks ago about it - reply email confirmed they were running through Jul '20, but hoping to go beyond.

Confirmed that it's only for renting from MCO (I'd enquired as to whether there was a way to use it from DCCC).

I'm hoping the more successful it is, the greater the chance of them expanding both beyond the date, and beyond MCO, otherwise it'll be Toll by Plate for me next summer (and apparently those prices are due to increase in 2020?).
IndianaMac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
ManCity
Helping Minnie

If you want to be the first to know about the Pass and Tolls, you should keep an eye on the CFX web site. Apart from news releases, they publish the agenda and minutes of the CFX Board meetings - the guys who actually make the decisions. The presentation material for a couple of the recent meetings includes photos of the equipment at the MCO car park exit that activates the pass, statistics on the number of passes issued in the first couple of months of the trial, broken down by country, and they even reported that a couple of 'Disney planning web sites were already recommending it' (didn't mention the Dibb by name though!). Apparently at that time 70% of customers were signing up at the airport, rather than in advance.

I don't see why some Dibbers want to give their credit card details to people in another country almost a year in advance of when they need to. Signing up online in advance, rather than on arrival at MCO, saves a few minutes on the day, but only needs to be done a day or two beforehand. The charges to your account are made at the end of your trip, when you pay the rates at the time.

Since they are also encouraging locals to go for electronic payment, rather than pay-by-plate, I would be surprised if they don't eventually make the scheme permanent. Getting the payments direct from drivers' credit cards a couple of days after the trip must be better/quicker/easier/cheaper for them than sending monthly bills to rental companies.
ManCity is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 05:15 AM  
Link to this Post
jue40
VIP Dibber

Sorry to jump in - I have rented through Alamo is it better to do the Visitor pass or the Alamo scheme?
Julie
2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016 & 2018 - July/August - Hard Rock & Beach Club/Boardwalk
2013 - July/August - New York, Boston and Orlando
2017 - June - Contemporary 2018 - Solo Yacht Club
2022 Feb & August
2023 Jan
jue40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 06:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by jue40 View Post
Sorry to jump in - I have rented through Alamo is it better to do the Visitor pass or the Alamo scheme?
Julie
Julie. The Visitor Scheme by a long shot. Takes the Alamo admin fee out of the equation. Now we know that's not much but any saving is worth having.

For somebody like me who does 2 tolls per holiday it's not worth doing as I pay cash on the Beachline. The rest of the holiday I avoid the tolls.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
maxi0479
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
It's a temporary scheme that has already been extended that can be used for those hiring a car from MCO (not anywhere else)

Basically it takes the rental car companies out of the equation and you hang a 'tag' on your rear view mirror that allows you to use the SunPass lanes and bills you for the tolls only with no admin fee. Plus the tolls are slightly discounted so for example a $2.50 toll will be charged at slightly less than that.

This is the full details. Click on the FAQ bit for really good info. Hope this helps.

visitortollpass/
Thanks Tom, good to know. We are collecting our car from Disney Car Care so no good for us next year but hopefully it continues for the future for our next visit.

2015 Coronado Spring & HRH, 2017 Port Orleans Riverside & Villa, 2020 Cancelled due to COVID, 2021 Villa & Universal Loews Royal Pacific
maxi0479 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List