Notices
Guest Services Site Questions, a tech query or just want to test something.

Old 16 Oct 19, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

No laughing please... how do I download films.

I have an Apple Ipad. Plus hubby has one (not Apple) when Virgin were giving one away when he went on contract for his mobile phone.

I have never ever downloaded anything. Pretty certain I disabled something on my Ipad to stop me buying anything.

Well we are off to Tenerife in November and as it is a 4 hour flight I wanted to download a couple of films to each of our Ipads to make the journey shorter. Please don't laugh as we are not techie minded.

How would I do this please.

Thanks so much...
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Do you have amazon prime or Netflix? Have you put any credit on your iTunes account?
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Tsoski
slightly serious Dibber

The first question really is are you signed up to any streaming services? Netflix, Amazon, DisneyLife, Sky, NowTV?

If you are then you just need to install the app from the AppStore for which ever and sign in. Then you will be able to select what you want and the download button should be somewhere on the page (each service is slightly different so hard to describe what your looking for).

If your not signed up then you can always pick one, get a free trial or pay for 1 month and cancel once your back.
Tsoski is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

you can also use iplayer to download tv/films etc
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

I have Netflix ?
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Tsoski
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Nicksgirl View Post
I have Netflix ?
Then it's as simple as isntalling the Netflix app. And selecting the menu option for search and type in "Download"

This gives you the list of downloadable programs and films, then you select what you want and click the Download Icon at the bottom right (looks like an arrow pointing downwards over a line)
Tsoski is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tsoski View Post
Then it's as simple as isntalling the Netflix app. And selecting the menu option for search and type in "Download"

This gives you the list of downloadable programs and films, then you select what you want and click the Download Icon at the bottom right (looks like an arrow pointing downwards over a line)
how much does this cost please ? xx
Old 16 Oct 19, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Tsoski
slightly serious Dibber

It's already included as part of your Netflix subscription
Old 16 Oct 19, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
You need to go onto the App Store and download it, you will have to put your Apple ID in but it’s free. When it’s downloaded log into the app with your usual Netflix password
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I didn't know any of this either.

Four hour flights are the absolute pits, so boring!
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List