Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 28 Oct 19, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

The Accident (spoilers..even)

what on earth was that all about

given the cast/writer was expecting better

story/plot was just implausible in the extreme...

a industrial explosion and everyone automatically assumes their kids have trespassed onto the site & rush to the gates, possible gas explosion fire service using petrol grinders sparks aplenty... was set in current times but hospital & other locations looked ancient?

slightly sinister undertones with the Councillor fella and wayward daughter

and sara lancashires mumbling welsh accent.. couldnt understand half of what was said

Edited at 09:35 AM.
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

I wasn't worried by the plot yet, I never really follow anything until the 3rd episode. But I completely agree about Sarah Lancashire, mumbling through a poor Welsh accent. She's one of my favourite actresses and usually has a good strong voice on screen.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Mobile

I quite liked it. I’m useless at accents anyways so I can’t spot a fake one and just stick the subtitles on 😂 DH mentioned the angle grinders too. I did think it was weird that they all gathered outside before knowing anyone was inside though.

The dad is a weird character and the guy who helped save the daughter seems a dodgy one. I’ll give it another go.
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 19, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

I have only seen one episode but felt it strange that none of the mums seemed to really cry or break down when told news their children died, it was all very odd! Her wallpaper looks seventies style, I agree its a bit all over the place but I will watch more. She’s usually in really good shows.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 19, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I was kinda watching it while listening to my dog bark because of fireworks! 😑 Her husband punched her in the stomach and she just got up like nothing happend which was very odd!
Old 29 Oct 19, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

I was slightly perturbed by the fact it was put on so close to the Aberfan anniversary with such similarities- totally agree with all above too dont think I will bother with next episode & I would normally devour anything SL is in but truly couldn't understand half she or some of the others said!
Old 29 Oct 19, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Watched the first one last night. Really not feeling it lol.
Again what was it where her hubby punched her? She said “not the face” weird.
Much preferred “A confession “
Old 29 Oct 19, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
I was slightly perturbed by the fact it was put on so close to the Aberfan anniversary with such similarities- totally agree with all above too dont think I will bother with next episode & I would normally devour anything SL is in but truly couldn't understand half she or some of the others said!
hadnt occured to me ... strange timing
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 19, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by scottishmum View Post
what was it where her hubby punched her? She said “not the face” weird.
I never even heard that - thats 100% sick I will definitely not be watching it again
Old 1 Nov 19, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Started episode 2 last night, and just gave up, its just very depressing, and the only thing that can happen now is proving who is to blame etc. We just didn't feel it grabbed us.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List