Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 31 Oct 19, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
phonic73
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Animal Kingdom EMH - Plan of action..Opinions please

Hi,

Looking for some opinions on how we should approach Animal Kingdom with EMH.
From reading a lot of posts on here it seems the majority of people head straight to FOP and the queue gets pretty big quite quickly.
I am planning on the premise that I do not get a FastPass for FOP so trying to decide whether I just get there as early as possible and suffer the queue or whether I leave FOP and ride the other rides (Everest, Dinosaur etc) as I guess these will be walk on.
Only issue with this I guess would be later in the day FOP will just become crazy busy and although the ride is supposed to be amazing (never been on it) I think I only have the patience to queue for 90 minutes at most (maybe 120 at a push).
I'm going over the Easter holidays.

Thanks
phonic73 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 19, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
kingphil
slightly serious Dibber

Hi,

I'm guessing having access to EMH's you will be staying on-site and therefore have more chance to snag a FP for FOP ?

We went over Easter and managed to get FP so did exactly what you suggested, turned right and headed to Dino Land USA, and then into Asia where all rides were practically walk on until 9.30/10.00am

Our FP wasn't until late afternoon, so we were able to do more or less everything we wanted, before riding FOP.

Personally, I thought it was a good ride and glad I experienced it, but not having a FP for it on our other day's visit to AK, we didn't bother with the 120 min+ standby line
Old 31 Oct 19, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
phonic73
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Hi there, thanks for the reply.

That would be my ideal plan, to get a FOP FastPass for the afternoon and do the other rides first thing. Hopefully I'll get one when my 60 day arrives (yes staying onsite).

Don't blame you around the wait times, we went Chessington yesterday and waiting 80 mins for a ride was brain numbing so possibly double that is a no go!

Thanks again
phonic73 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 19, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

We are 2 adults so we go the opposite way and get on Dinosaur first and ride these rides while the queues are small most of the people are going to FOP which means it is really quite in the rest of park first thing in the morning.
suehen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 19, 12:39 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We did emh on 14th October and headed straight to Asia and went to go on Everest, but it broke down so we walked round to dinsosair, did that, walked round to Everest after and it was up and running, so rode that twice back to back. We the. Went to Starbucks and sat down chilling, did a few other bits before our FOP fast pass at 12.15. Was a lovely non rushed day!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 19, 03:41 AM  
Link to this Post

As you mention EMH you must be an onsite guest, in which case you will of course get a fast pass.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 19, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Get Everest fastpass about 10, Dinosaur probably about 11, FOP about 12.

When arriving do Naavi Journey, then go on the Safari in Africa. You can tap and amend but after the Safari you may find Lion King show is about on. Go into Asia on Everest at Fastpass, before or after do rapids and other rides. Work way round clockwise to Dinoland, doing other rides before and after fastpass. Continue around to Pandora again for between 12 and 1 for FOP fastpass, then lunch. Bingo.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 19, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
kingphil
slightly serious Dibber

Just to add, I was shocked at the amount of people running (and I mean sprinting) towards Pandora when we did it back in April.

It was quite concerning, as these were fully grown men running and pushing their way past other guests without any consideration whatsoever for anyone else.

We were just glad not to be part of this and took numerous photos in front of the Tree of Life whilst watching the madness and then walked towards Dino Land and waited for them to let us in at exactly 8am.
Old 1 Nov 19, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

You'll get a FP for FOP no problem, we could have booked one for every day of our recent onsite stay if I'd wanted to - even the day of arrival!

We went with the best intentions of getting up every day and making the most of the parks until offsite visitors came in - didn't happen but we never waited more than 10 mins for a ride utilising the FP+ system. We booked our 3 FP+ for the morning and then booked another whilst in the queue for the third one etc.

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 19, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kingphil View Post
Just to add, I was shocked at the amount of people running (and I mean sprinting) towards Pandora when we did it back in April.

It was quite concerning, as these were fully grown men running and pushing their way past other guests without any consideration whatsoever for anyone else.

We were just glad not to be part of this and took numerous photos in front of the Tree of Life whilst watching the madness and then walked towards Dino Land and waited for them to let us in at exactly 8am.
It was the same in May and saw lots of people running with push chair and carrying children it reminded me of the TSM in HS years ago, we just took our time and went the opposite way it was really nice having at 2 hours before it got busy.
suehen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List