Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 1 Nov 19, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

We went in mid June.

Was quoted 5/10 crowd level
Got to Castle at 9.10

Meet Ariel
Little mermaid ride
Belle -FP
Tiana & Rapunzel
Cinderella & Elena -FP
(30mins for snacks)
Petes -Daisy & Pluto
Splash mountain-FP
(30min for snacks)
BTM
Magic carpets -FP snagged
(30 mins waiting for show that didn’t start)
Winnie Pooh -FP snagged
(15mins wait for Merida that didn’t happen)
Pirates -FP
(From 2.15-3 we had snacks and waited for parade)
Small world -FP
Philharmagic
Buzz
(20 mins snacks)
Meet Gaston
Dumbo
Buzz -FP
Laughing floor -FP
Meet tinker bell -FP
(20mins at guest relations)
Out by 6pm

So I suppose it depends on what you count as rides or attractions. We felt it was a long day but we have young kids.
Couple of things went wrong with ours like missing parade, show and Merida all due to weather.
Also quite a few snack breaks just to let the kids have a drink or snack and a little breather.

Tap and grab was really good for us. Getting either the hardest FP to get or the ones that people wanted then using this method afterwards was great.

We met 10 characters, did 3 shows and 10 rides in 9 hours.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 19, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
not unreasonable just seems like a massive rush..did say it was in summer so assume was busy... ..

23 rides in 7 hours seems similarly a massive rush no chance to see the wood for the trees

imo
I think the point they were making is that it's possible to do 12 rides in 4 hours or 23 rides in 7 hours during summer when it's busy.

Therefore, in May when it's not quite so busy, the OP "should be able to get a load in" during a whole day. Whether they choose to "get a load in" or choose to take it slowly and "see the wood for the trees" is up to them.

Or, to put it another way, within 7 hours of their day they could do anything from 1 attraction to 23 attractions depending on how slow or fast they go.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 04:41 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 19, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by minimum77 View Post
We were planning on buying an after hours ticket for MK in May but seeing as it villains themed were not too keen after watching YouTube videos. If we go in a typical day how much can we get done realistically. We can go any day from 19th May until 29th. I would stay clear of Memorial Day weekend and an EMH day. Would also like a day at HS but no idea how busy it'll be after New Star Wars ride opens so will wait and see. Thanks x
Also 21st May would be the best day for Magic Kingdom according to both busy day guide and touring plans. Due to be a 4/10 that day.

22nd and 23rd for Hollywood supposed to be average those days
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 19, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
I think the point they were making is that it's possible to do 12 rides in 4 hours or 23 rides in 7 hours during summer when it's busy.

Therefore, in May when it's not quite so busy, the OP "should be able to get a load in" during a whole day.

Whether they choose to "get a load in" or choose to take it slowly and "see the wood for the trees" is up to them. Or, I suppose to put it another way, within 7 hours of their day they could do anything from 1 ride to 23 rides depending on how slow or fast they go.
I think I agree with you. Taking out my time for rests and it would appear to be 20-25mins per “attraction” so it’s definitely possible and the faster you move, also how good you are with the Disney app fastpasses too would mean more rides.
Old 1 Nov 19, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
That just means one ride every 20 minutes.

So 5 minutes in the fastpass queue, 5 minutes on the ride, 10 minutes to get from A to B. It doesn't seem too unreasonable to me, if the park is fairly quiet. If it's busy then, yes, it's good going.

Scoobydoo said they did 23 in 7 hours. Which is also around one ride every 20 minutes.
I should confess the first five were all in BTM. They let us stay on without getting off for four rides as we were the only ones there. Best time ever! This was also the old FP system so we were well able to exploit that. We did not stop and smell any roses and walked as fast as you’re allowed to. Our greatest achievement to date 😂
Old 3 Nov 19, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Mo&Chris
VIP Dibber

If you go to the All Ears YouTube channel, Mollie's got a video where she did 25 rides by FP in MK in one day.

/Mo
Mo&Chris is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

We went on Sunday 30th Sept 2018, before we flew home, we did the below in 11:30 and 2:30

Meet Tinkerbell
Jungle Cruise
IASW
Peter Pan
Mad Tea Party
Buzz Lightyear
Parade
I’m sure we did another ride but can’t remember.
2026 - maybe...
Bolto6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
wow so at least 3 rides an hour incl Qing (even FP has a Q... ) and getting from a to b..

impressive going i'd say 12 in a day was going for it, bearing in mind once your first 3 FP are done you picking up the bits & pieces left
The joys of tap and grab
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
OP, Disney has added some non Villian After Hours dates to May now if you want to go back to your original plan.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 01:16 AM  
Link to this Post
minimum77
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Joshie1 View Post
OP, Disney has added some non Villian After Hours dates to May now if you want to go back to your original plan.
I saw that and got excited then realised I'm booked into RPR the first Monday 18th and HRH 25th. I can cancel the 25th but not sure what to do as managed to get club level for £314 and express passes for memorial Day sounds good. I'm not sure if MK will be too crowded as it's a bank holiday. I know you can get in at 7pm but I'd imagine queues will be long. I'm thinking just need to go for the full day and hope it's not too busy.
minimum77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List