Notices

Old 14 Nov 16, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jaty View Post
Looking forward to reading this! I have a DLP AP so have been a few times in the last year. I think Pirates may be closed when you're there but Big Thunder will have reopened after a year.
The counter service restaurant Hakuna Matata has really nice chips which are a bit spicy!
Have the best time X
Thank you so much for reading! Yes there are a few things shut when we are out there (the downside of going out of season I guess!) but happy that Big Thunder will be up and running again... I can't wait to give it ago!

And Hakuna Matata is definitely on the list of places to try... I will watch out for the spicy chips!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 16, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaty
Earning My Ears

I'm going the week Big Thunder reopens but will miss it by a couple of days- as it has been closed for so long I'm hoping for a soft opening!

Yeah there are a lot of rides closed due to preparations for the 25th which is a shame but they've upped their entertainment and character meet game by a lot!

EMH are definitely your friend as you can get on some of the rides which don't have fastpass- only Fantasyland and Discoveryland are open though. Also make sure you go on Ratatouille!

If you've got any questions then just ask
Jaty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 16, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
suziwong_96
Serious Dibber

Look forward to reading along, hope to book Newport for May 17, outdoor pool is a bonus! Would recommend a drink in the sequoia lodge bar by the fireplace. Also if you can pick up a Poncho before you go in case it pours,. they are a fortune! x
suziwong_96 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 16, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jaty View Post
I'm going the week Big Thunder reopens but will miss it by a couple of days- as it has been closed for so long I'm hoping for a soft opening!

Yeah there are a lot of rides closed due to preparations for the 25th which is a shame but they've upped their entertainment and character meet game by a lot!

EMH are definitely your friend as you can get on some of the rides which don't have fastpass- only Fantasyland and Discoveryland are open though. Also make sure you go on Ratatouille!

If you've got any questions then just ask
Oh I am keeping everything crossed there is a soft opening of Big Thunder when you are there!

Thank you so much for the tips, I feel a little like a fish out of water trying to make any plans... Ratatouille looks fab though, can't wait to give it ago!

Originally Posted by suziwong_96 View Post
Look forward to reading along, hope to book Newport for May 17, outdoor pool is a bonus! Would recommend a drink in the sequoia lodge bar by the fireplace. Also if you can pick up a Poncho before you go in case it pours,. they are a fortune! x
Thank you so much for reading! The outdoor pool at Newport Bay looks gorgeous, sadly we won't be using it in January though! Looking forward to a dip in the indoor pool at some point though

Great tip about the ponchos... we got caught out in Universal this year and had to pay over the odd for park ones, will definitely be prepared and buy some before we go!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 16, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Oh I missed your update (I don't have DLP threads in my main feed - soz!)

Must have felt great to pay off that balance! xxx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 16, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Redrach1903 View Post
Oh I missed your update (I don't have DLP threads in my main feed - soz!)

Must have felt great to pay off that balance! xxx
Haha you are forgiven, it's very slow on the updates... so little to plan in comparison to a WDW trip!

Lovely to have it paid off, now just to get some spends together xxx
Old 17 Nov 16, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Ears at the ready!

Just a little update as I received an exciting package in the post yesterday... my gorgeous new ears from Luby & Lola have arrived!

I am quite a simple girl at heart so love the simplicity of these, and I thought the pale gold ones would add a lovely bit of sparkle to my birthday celebrations!

I can't recommend Luby & Lola enough, great service, very speedy turnaround and very reasonable prices!

I can't wait to hit DLP wearing these!

Edited at 11:48 AM.
Old 18 Nov 16, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

OMG, your hotel looks amazing. It really does look like Yacht & Beach, such a great choice!

Your ears are also really cute, weird question do you find they dig in on your head? The one's I got in MK started to hurt after a little while, I just didn't want to take them off!

Instagram: kimberlys_journeyy
Youtube: Kimberly's Journey
Orlando 16 - Food Report
We got engaged trip 19 - Food Report
Minnie4Mickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 16, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Minnie4Mickey View Post
OMG, your hotel looks amazing. It really does look like Yacht & Beach, such a great choice!

Your ears are also really cute, weird question do you find they dig in on your head? The one's I got in MK started to hurt after a little while, I just didn't want to take them off!
I am so excited to stay at Newport Bay... it looks gorgeous since the refurb! Have you decided if you are going to do a night on-site when you got next month?

Oh I totally found the ears uncomfortable too but was the same as you... I refused to take them off! The sacrifices we make!
Old 22 Nov 16, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
I am so excited to stay at Newport Bay... it looks gorgeous since the refurb! Have you decided if you are going to do a night on-site when you got next month?

Oh I totally found the ears uncomfortable too but was the same as you... I refused to take them off! The sacrifices we make!
It does look beautiful, such a great choice! And no because of work we don't think we can do a night on site now we have already pre-paid our other hotel otherwise we would have cancelled one night and done one night Disney instead.

Haha, glad to see i'm not alone either! The pain is worth it lol!

Instagram: kimberlys_journeyy
Youtube: Kimberly's Journey
Orlando 16 - Food Report
We got engaged trip 19 - Food Report
Minnie4Mickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List