Notices

Old 4 Oct 19, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Chloeoeysmum
slightly serious Dibber

Chloeoeysmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Take A Look Through My Eyes. Day 6, Magic Kingdom, Skipper Canteen And The Dessert Party. 4th Sep 2019

If there were any storms and high winds last night, we slept straight through them! I have since seen reports of 110mph hour winds whipping through.
I peeked through the curtains expecting to see something, but all I saw, once you get through the condensation on the windows, were staff with wheelbarrows picking up broken tree branches and tropical plant stems from the walkways. It was wet and windy and felt considerably cooler than the last few days.
Today we are back at magic kingdom, there were no early morning hours due to Dorian so we arrived about 8:45 and the park felt very quiet.

We went up the stairs to the train station to take some photos of Main Street. I haven't ever properly looked around in here, its quite sweet and I imagine would be a nice place to escape from the crowds. Actually, we must have been in here before when boarding or dismounting the train, we just never really paid attention to it. We had a play on the old film viewers where you turn the handle to see the story play out, I must admit that I don't have a clue what they are called!

We then walked down Main Street towards the hub and had a conversation with the Suffragettes, Hildegard and Beatrice.

I told them that they were famous the world over (they've probably heard this a million times but acted surprised) and I had seen them on TV recently as well, of course TV hasn't yet been invented - doh! They asked where we were from, when we said Norwich, UK, Hildegard reacted by saying she loves Norwich as it rhymes with porridge.
We watched some birds of prey circling overhead and the cranes digging around the flowerbeds then had a few photos taken on the bridge over to Tomorrowland.

This photo is brilliant, the only shame is that my feet were sore today so I had ugly crocs on! Needs must! When the parks are empty the photographers have so much more time to spend with you.
Walked onto Space Mountain and then walked onto Buzz, I lost again, just can't aim straight here.
Used a snack credit to pick up a Cheshire cats tail to share for breakfast as we hadn't sampled one of these yet, they are ok, nothing special, just a warm chocolate twist with some icing.

We are really failing with our snack credits, in the back of my mind I'm saving them all for Epcot. We went back into Tomorrow land to go on the People Mover, very old school I know but we both love the long relaxing ride however it does seem to whiz round the corners now. It was interesting to see the Tron construction.

Next up was the Royal Friendship Fare show at the front of the castle just in time to catch 'Let it Go', this song seems to drive every adult I know mad but I love it and it never fails to give me goose bumps especially when there is glitter and snow included.

We then wandered over to Frontier Land where the Country Bears were wandering around. They are so funny to watch, the fireworks went off at the end of the Royal Friendship Fare and Liver Lips dived behind a bin as he was scared.
We had a FP for BTM, not that we needed one as it was a 10 minute wait.

Next up was a 12:10 pm booking for the Skipper Canteen, I was looking forward to this and it was as good as I hoped it would be. I like the tiffany style parrot lights. We had a whole room to ourselves just beside the Great Wall of China, the perfect opportunity to take some time out. Our server cracked a few corny jokes, the type that you hear on the Jungle Cruise, which made us laugh.

I had the Tastes like Chicken coz it is and John had the Hardy Har char sui pork followed by the coconut bar with pineapple basil compote and the Quick Sand, which is a jasmine rice pudding, both of which were delicious. I did have a shandy but only managed half of it as it felt really strong and I am a lightweight. How can a shandy be strong?

Suitably stuffed we walked back to the hub and watched the Main Street philharmonic for a while before going back to Frontier land to grab a spot for the Festival of Fantasy parade. We got very lucky and the rocking chairs were free in front of the Trading Post so we grabbed them. We just about managed to see through the crowds! There was a young lad of about 20 standing watching the show, he sung every word and danced along and thoroughly enjoyed himself, he was great to watch!

Right - best try and get through some snack credits! Where better than at Gastons on 2 Le Fou's brews, love these especially when you get the taste of the marshmallowy syrup that's not fully mixed in! There is a recipe floating around online, but I doubt that it will measure up to the real thing 😊

Around 5ish we started to feel a bit peckish so used two QS credits at Pecos Bill, we had the dessert party later but thought that we should eat something fairly healthy rather than hold out and stuff our faces with puddings. We shared the 3 tacos and the fajita platter, in hindsight we should have just shared one meal between us as they are rather generous here especially with the toppings bar. Note the big box of pickles, we love pickles!

Walked off dinner by walking back down main street had some photos taken and looked in the shops, trying on hats and making wish lists of all the 'stuff' we didn't really need but wanted just because it was Disney branded.

Took yet more photos of the castle then decided to go for some entertainment by going into monsters inc. Laugh Floor, John was the 'Man who felt the urge to get up and dance', but if you look at the photo above you may notice that there was a distinct lack of people so the odds were pretty good on being picked put for something.

Checked in for the dessert party at Tomorrow Land Terrace around 7pm, I was very excited for this but it wasn't as good as I was expecting or wanted it to be. I remember thinking in 2016 that I really wanted to be sitting on the terrace to watch Wishes.

We had a perfect table in the corner but the view is obstructed by the trees in front of the castle so you still don't get to see the projections fully, and it felt like there was something lacking in the atmosphere, I think if we were to ever do this again I would probably opt for the Plaza Garden view or the after fireworks dessert party. I also felt that the music didn't feel as loud, but that may just be me. It's also our first time watching Happily Ever After, I loved Wishes, so that could have accounted for some of how I was feeling.

You are handed a glass of alcohol-free sparkling cider on arrival and given a wristband, there is a generous spread of sugary delights, fruit and some savoury options.

The house made egg rolls are must haves as were the cheesecake brownie bites. All the fruit was delicious and tasted just as you would expect when in Florida. The strawberry lemonade was far too sweet but tasted lovely when watered down using the iced water dispenser, also cold brew coffee was on offer which I made the most of.

As everyone does, I took hundreds of photos of the fireworks and ended up with about ten acceptable ones!
There is also a photopass photographer milling around which I didn't expect. We hung around for a bit before leaving and wearily making our way back home.

17,916 steps walked today, tomorrow we are back at Epcot and I'm hoping that we can make a dent in our snack credits!

Oh, almost forgot about this, saw the biggest damsel fly ever in the loos on the way out, he was about 6 inches long!

Old 4 Oct 19, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Chloeoeysmum - 4 Oct 19 2:22 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another great day

JOAN