Notices

Old 15 Oct 19, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Florida 2019 - it‘s here at last - Day 2

Not such an early rise this morning. I managed to actually sleep till 7.00 when the alarm went off. We were meeting in the lobby at 8 to head to Epcot.

Tyler has been searching all day yesterday for a specific Donald hat, you all know the one with the break that opens. And as we were leaving HS last night I remember the store before the turnstiles. So we headed in there, and they had them. One happy boy later, however, Brenda and Steven's band wouldn't scan to pay for the hat. So this morning before we left we had to go sort that at reception.

Our beautiful resort hotel

All sorted out was time to walk along to Epcot. It's a lovely walk and we were at the international gateway in no time. This is where the day started to go slightly wrong! I foolishly thought that we could squeeze Test track in before our Soarin FastPass, 9.10-10.10, we should be good, right? TT has 50 minutes wait but going by yesterday we'd been on and off much quicker! Major fail. We didn't get off TT till 10.10, restroom visits were needed so no time. While in the queue we cancelled the Soarin fastpasses and made Nemo and friends ones. Anyhow, TT was fab. Lily went with mum and dad and their car won by a point from our 3 cars. She didn't want to go on but was glad she did.

Our car

Our first fastpass was now a visit to Crush. I spoke with a cast member and we got in through the bag door where the people with scooters etc go, so Tyler and Lilly got front row seats and we got the front rope in the adults section.

The it was over to Spaceship Earth. WOW the standby for this was huge! There was even a substantial FP line. We were soon on and off though and like many have said before, this really does need an update.

Stevie travelled on his own on this one I was with the lovely Brenda.

Now time for food. In my planning I hadn't really made decisions about quick service places, but I've read loads of good things about Sunshine Seasons so we headed there. The food was delicious.

We checked the wait time for Soarin and it was 35 minutes so jumped at the chance to do it before our final fastpass. The kids loved it, and for the bigger kids it was their first time seeing the new version. Papa was left holiday sunglasses and hats as we queued!

Onto our final fastpass of the day and we were on and off Nemo in no time. Now it was time for usage of our first snack credits, ice creams all round and a stroll back to the Beach Club to get ready for dinner at Narcoossees.

All dressed up and ready for dinner.

Our reservation was 5.25, and we met at 4.40. Another major fail of the day. We have so underestimated the crowds and business of coming during school holidays! We got the bus to Magic Kingdom then the resort monorail to the Grand Floridian. Straight through the hotel and down to the restaurant. They were so nice, even though we were in effect about 35 minutes late. We were seated within 5 minutes.

We love this place, the service, setting and food were all delicious. By the time we left it was 8.10. We'd thought we might do some Food & Wine Festival stuff but by the time we got the monorail back to Epcot the fireworks were just ending and the masses were heading out. That was an experience... trying to swim against the current! We got back to the hotel around 9.50 and collapsed into bed.

Monorail selfie on the way back.

The view across the lake from the World showcase

Old 15 Oct 19, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Jake71 - 15 Oct 19 11:54 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

What a fab day! You sound as though you are all having so much fun!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another good day

Joan