Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Jul 19, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Do the lawson kiosks have a stock of ghibli tickets not available on the websites? That is brilliant if they do.

I seem to havre 2 JR exchange vouchers per person. Is that normal? I assume it is one to keep and one to be retained by the office when exchanged for proper tickets.

Edited at 08:57 PM.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 19, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

I had seen on YT that it sold them was all, but the screens are in Japanese so I would need help to navigate them, but a quick search reveals it does sell them but you really need to buy on day released - sorry!

This story gives out some hope for last minute tickets - but at a price:

tdrexplorer/ghibli-museum-tickets/
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 19, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Flower2603
Imagineer

Flower2603's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 24
Hi, we spent 10 days in Tokyo last year in August and went to Disney Seas for 2 days. We loved Tokyo, their public transport is fantastic. Taxis are cheaper than London.

We got the equivalent of our Oyster card in London. We bought it in a station via a machine and topped up as we went along, you can top up any station, got us everywhere including to Disney and back, momo card if I remember correctly.

Disney was incredibly busy, If you imagine how many people are in Japan and lots of tourists from Korea and China visiting Disney made for a very, very busy park. But we loved it. Get your fast pass for the ride you want Early. Make time for the big pirate show on the lake, it’s amazing. We had to use an access pass, guest service checked our disabled badge. You can have a wait time to return for one ride at a time. That did help us in addition to the pass pass, otherwise we probably only would have been able to ride 2 rides in a day. I think we rode 4 rides, that’s how busy it was. But it’s such a beautiful park, we just loved it there.

Not answered all your questions but just wanted to comment. Enjoy your wonderful trip to Japan, it is amazing.

Edited at 09:05 AM.
Flower2603 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 19, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Flower2603
Imagineer

Flower2603's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 24
Mobile

tokyocheapo/entertainmen...en-monogatari/

Robot restaurant was amazing, crazy fun!

The above link is the Odabaia onsen. It’s a fantastic day out and right outside a train stop. Not the cheapest but a memorable day out and we’d go again if we return to Tokyo.

August 2008 - All Star Sports/Tradewinds, St. Pete
Aug. 2010 - Beach Club/RPH Aug. 2012 - Beach Club!
August 2015 - RPH/POFQ
October 2017 - Newport Bay DLP August 2018 Tokyo Disney
Flower2603 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Whilst im reasonably fit and healthy, Time has not been kind to my body. Ill be giving the onsen a miss...

All packed and watching the clock now. I did see your post regarding stamps (pumpkin pie). The kids are repurposing an unused disney signature book for them.

Edited at 03:07 PM.
Old 6 Jul 19, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Laughing Minnie
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Have a fantastic trip
Laughing Minnie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kk20 View Post
Whilst im reasonably fit and healthy, Time has not been kind to my body. Ill be giving the onsen a miss...

All packed and watching the clock now. I did see your post regarding stamps (pumpkin pie). The kids are repurposing an unused disney signature book for them.
Have a great trip - you are going to love it!
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

A proper trip report will be incoming later. Notes so far...

Schiphol is a nice airport. KLM was efficient, no need to leave security area and luggage went through to destination. Japan immigration and custom forms were in English.

WIFI was waiting in Narita Post Office on floor 4F. JR pass easily exchanged and shinkansen tickets easily booked. Airport limo was efficient. No graffiti anywhere, none on any bridge or motorway pillars.

Okura bay normal room huge. 4 beds in the room and still enoufh space.

3am start on sunday. Got to hotel at 2pm. Room ready early (i thought this was unknown in japan but not) so siesta till 5pm then in disney. We got a 4 day monorail pass. We used it a lot. Packed bento food in bag with no issue at security. Picnic area closed as being redeveloped.

We will organise days like a spanish holiday i.e. siesta midday. Queues heaviest in afternoon it seems. At about 7pm queues fell. Got FP for BTM (queue never fell below 50min) Walked onto pirates smallworld, teacups, pinnochio, carousel. Walked to toontown and hunnyhunt was 20 min queue (was at 60 min all day) so went on (queue was 16 min). Peter rabbit spin walk on. Then electric parade in toontown got perfect spot behind vendor. A wheeliebin was near us and cast member moved the bin so we had more room!

Everything is better than DLP so far, everything immaculate and crowds very pleasant. Queues work, no pushing all polite. Might be my immagination but BTM longer. All rides immaculate. No litter anywhere in japan so far.

Speaking pidgin japanese works too, cast members talked back at rapid pace then appologised when realised i couldnt speak full japanese (apparently i pronouce correctly, go me!) I now say speak slowly pleaee and can underatand more replies!

Bed at 11.30pm and up for at 6.30 for disneysea rope drop. Time difference brutal but siesta helps enormously.

Weather perfect, high humidity yes but 24c. Rain forecast but didnt materialise.

Edited at 10:50 PM.
Old 9 Jul 19, 06:43 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by kk20 View Post
A proper trip report will be incoming later. Notes so far...

Schiphol is a nice airport. KLM was efficient, no need to leave security area and luggage went through to destination. Japan immigration and custom forms were in English.

WIFI was waiting in Narita Post Office on floor 4F. JR pass easily exchanged and shinkansen tickets easily booked. Airport limo was efficient. No graffiti anywhere, none on any bridge or motorway pillars.

Okura bay normal room huge. 4 beds in the room and still enoufh space.

3am start on sunday. Got to hotel at 2pm. Room ready early (i thought this was unknown in japan but not) so siesta till 5pm then in disney. We got a 4 day monorail pass. We used it a lot. Packed bento food in bag with no issue at security. Picnic area closed as being redeveloped.

We will organise days like a spanish holiday i.e. siesta midday. Queues heaviest in afternoon it seems. At about 7pm queues fell. Got FP for BTM (queue never fell below 50min) Walked onto pirates smallworld, teacups, pinnochio, carousel. Walked to toontown and hunnyhunt was 20 min queue (was at 60 min all day) so went on (queue was 16 min). Peter rabbit spin walk on. Then electric parade in toontown got perfect spot behind vendor. A wheeliebin was near us and cast member moved the bin so we had more room!

Everything is better than DLP so far, everything immaculate and crowds very pleasant. Queues work, no pushing all polite. Might be my immagination but BTM longer. All rides immaculate. No litter anywhere in japan so far.

Speaking pidgin japanese works too, cast members talked back at rapid pace then appologised when realised i couldnt speak full japanese (apparently i pronouce correctly, go me!) I now say speak slowly pleaee and can underatand more replies!

Bed at 11.30pm and up for at 6.30 for disneysea rope drop. Time difference brutal but siesta helps enormously.

Weather perfect, high humidity yes but 24c. Rain forecast but didnt materialise.
Sounds amazing! Thank you so much for updating us - have a wonderful time 👍🙂
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Glad you are having a great time - I had very similar observations and I think the Japanese Disney parks are better than the Florida ones IMHO
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List