Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 19 Jan 19, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
itsajennything
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks for the tip about staying behind for photos etc I’ll deffo do that as want to take lots of photos and I think we are in walking distance to our hotel anyway so can walk or get the shuttle anyway
PLAN A TRIP- DLP SUMMER 2020 FAITH, TRUST AND PIXIE DUST
itsajennything is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

It's just the Disneyland Paris app. There's also the Lineberty app now for meet and greets in the Studios, but I failed with that. It had only just been introduced before we went and I forgot all about it. Niece was a bit miffed that she missed Spiderman. Whoops! Though we did get to meet Sulley, there was no need to book on the app for him!

EMT has meet and greets too, on Main Street. Peter Pan is probably a must in this time. Queues are manic for that even on low crowd days! I will say, even though it says 8:30, they start letting you in around 8am. You can only get onto main street, but you can wait at the castle to go through. Many, many people RAN for Princess Pavilion, including my Niece. Even with only a few families in front of us we must have waited about 45 mins. But she had amazing interaction with Snow White.

The thing with not making reservations is that you end up queuing for a table. With your standard plan you get to eat in any of the standard buffets, I would definitely recommend making reservations. You can alter them once there, so if you change your mind you can try to switch. If there's no availability, at least you have your original bookings. I can recommend La Cantina, and Plaza Gardens on the Standard Plan. Agrabah is great for it's theme, but not so great for fussy eaters. Lots of people say La Grange is also very good!

If you're there for 3 nights, then you only get three meals included. I'd recommend Earl of Sandwich as somewhere I've actually eaten and enjoyed that's not on plan, and reasonably priced.. Your booking was recent, correct? If so you probably have hotel breakfast. If you can, be early, like 7am doors open early. It's definitely the best strategy! Also, Santa Fe now has some hot items, scrambled eggs, streaky bacon, and sliced fried potatoes. That's where I stayed in October, I got a little bit addicted to streaky bacon and cream cheese rolls at breakfast time!

Hope that all helps! xx
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by itsajennything View Post
Thanks for the tip about staying behind for photos etc I’ll deffo do that as want to take lots of photos and I think we are in walking distance to our hotel anyway so can walk or get the shuttle anyway
Everything is in walking distance!

Some from after the night time show

X
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
itsajennything
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sarryb View Post
It's just the Disneyland Paris app. There's also the Lineberty app now for meet and greets in the Studios, but I failed with that. It had only just been introduced before we went and I forgot all about it. Niece was a bit miffed that she missed Spiderman. Whoops! Though we did get to meet Sulley, there was no need to book on the app for him!

EMT has meet and greets too, on Main Street. Peter Pan is probably a must in this time. Queues are manic for that even on low crowd days! I will say, even though it says 8:30, they start letting you in around 8am. You can only get onto main street, but you can wait at the castle to go through. Many, many people RAN for Princess Pavilion, including my Niece. Even with only a few families in front of us we must have waited about 45 mins. But she had amazing interaction with Snow White.

The thing with not making reservations is that you end up queuing for a table. With your standard plan you get to eat in any of the standard buffets, I would definitely recommend making reservations. You can alter them once there, so if you change your mind you can try to switch. If there's no availability, at least you have your original bookings. I can recommend La Cantina, and Plaza Gardens on the Standard Plan. Agrabah is great for it's theme, but not so great for fussy eaters. Lots of people say La Grange is also very good!

If you're there for 3 nights, then you only get three meals included. I'd recommend Earl of Sandwich as somewhere I've actually eaten and enjoyed that's not on plan, and reasonably priced.. Your booking was recent, correct? If so you probably have hotel breakfast. If you can, be early, like 7am doors open early. It's definitely the best strategy! Also, Santa Fe now has some hot items, scrambled eggs, streaky bacon, and sliced fried potatoes. That's where I stayed in October, I got a little bit addicted to streaky bacon and cream cheese rolls at breakfast time!

Hope that all helps! xx
That really helps thanks. Wow so EMT is a bit manic to then? We kind of dandered around magic kingdom during EMH at Christmas 🙈 this could be a shock to the system. Lol. We should maybe head straight to princess pavilion in the mornings then. We will deffo go to breakfast for opening ? I read u can see some characters at breakfast in the hotels? Is the true ? And do they come to ur tables. Is there a list of which restrestaurants are inc in the standard free half board ? It’s all a complex 🙈 yes we will have the 3 days half board but obv don’t get a breakfast on the 25th will we get one on the 28th the day we check out ? Prob will use our half board for dinner each night and just snack at lunch with having the buffet breakfast at hotel each morning. Yes we only booked it this morning lol. If I do the character brunch on the Sunday if we can get it booked it’ll be the Friday dinner and sat dinner I’ll have to book somewhere for.

Thanks
itsajennything is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by itsajennything View Post
That really helps thanks. Wow so EMT is a bit manic to then? We kind of dandered around magic kingdom during EMH at Christmas 🙈 this could be a shock to the system. Lol. We should maybe head straight to princess pavilion in the mornings then. We will deffo go to breakfast for opening ? I read u can see some characters at breakfast in the hotels? Is the true ? And do they come to ur tables. Is there a list of which restrestaurants are inc in the standard free half board ? It’s all a complex 🙈 yes we will have the 3 days half board but obv don’t get a breakfast on the 25th will we get one on the 28th the day we check out ? Prob will use our half board for dinner each night and just snack at lunch with having the buffet breakfast at hotel each morning. Yes we only booked it this morning lol. If I do the character brunch on the Sunday if we can get it booked it’ll be the Friday dinner and sat dinner I’ll have to book somewhere for.

Thanks
I think with Princess Pavilion it's the fact that queues have been known to get up to 2 hours, so people just rush for there.

But we were lucky to stumble across village Belle by the fairy story boat ride and Casey Jr.

I don't think there are characters at breakfast. There is a character breakfast for extra cost, I think you can try to book this at 3 days out and use breakfast vouchers/credits towards the price. I say credits as some people have been getting 'magic passes' not vouchers. We did, it was our room key, park ticket, and electronic meal plan. There are characters in the hotels now, in the morning. But they coincide with EMT.

Standard restaurants are: La Cantina (At Santa Fe, can recommend), Chuckwagon cafe (At Cheyenne), Plaza Gardens and Agrabah Cafe, (in the Disneyland Park), Restaurant Des Stars (in Disney Studios), La Grange (in Disney village) and one at Davy Crockett's ranch, I can't remember the name. Lol.

Breakfast will be for each morning after your check in. After booking the brunch, you'll have 2 more to choose. You can have them on any of the three other days you are there. It's entirely up to you. So if you'd rather have it on the Monday before travelling, you can.

Just to add something more, if you'd really prefer a 'Plus' restaurant, like Bistrot Chez Remy, then you can go there. You can use your meal plan at cost, and just pay the rest of the bill. Which is kinda cool when you got the plan for free! 😂😂 xx

Edited at 07:40 PM.
Old 19 Jan 19, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Congratulations on your booking!
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Here’s a few more pics of characters in their Halloween attire!
I’ve many more if you want to see!

Edited at 08:46 PM.
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
itsajennything
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sarryb View Post
I think with Princess Pavilion it's the fact that queues have been known to get up to 2 hours, so people just rush for there.

But we were lucky to stumble across village Belle by the fairy story boat ride and Casey Jr.

I don't think there are characters at breakfast. There is a character breakfast for extra cost, I think you can try to book this at 3 days out and use breakfast vouchers/credits towards the price. I say credits as some people have been getting 'magic passes' not vouchers. We did, it was our room key, park ticket, and electronic meal plan. There are characters in the hotels now, in the morning. But they coincide with EMT.

Standard restaurants are: La Cantina (At Santa Fe, can recommend), Chuckwagon cafe (At Cheyenne), Plaza Gardens and Agrabah Cafe, (in the Disneyland Park), Restaurant Des Stars (in Disney Studios), La Grange (in Disney village) and one at Davy Crockett's ranch, I can't remember the name. Lol.

Breakfast will be for each morning after your check in. After booking the brunch, you'll have 2 more to choose. You can have them on any of the three other days you are there. It's entirely up to you. So if you'd rather have it on the Monday before travelling, you can.

Just to add something more, if you'd really prefer a 'Plus' restaurant, like Bistrot Chez Remy, then you can go there. You can use your meal plan at cost, and just pay the rest of the bill. Which is kinda cool when you got the plan for free! 😂😂 xx
Thanks that’s all great info. Those restaurants u mentioned then our credit or vouchers would completely cover the cost for us for a meal there ? I think we will just do that and then try book the brunch and use our credit on Sunday for the lunch toward it and pay the rest then ourselves. I’m trying not to be too extravagant this trip and that’s why the free dining helps. We spent a fortune on food in wdw at Christmas lol and we did dinner in Cinderella castle for my dd2 fourth bday wen we were out there. We did lilo and stitch breakfast and also breakfast with Rapunzel Ariel and the two prince’s as well as Crystal Palace and bibbidi bobbidi boutique haha so I deffo can only afford to do one big character meal lol. That’s prob me getting confused I prob read u can meet the characters in the hotel rather than breakfast. Where abouts in the hotels is it ? The reception ? And is it many characters or just usually one or two. I wouldn’t want to miss EMT though 😩 we deffo wanna squeeze in as much as we can when there. So I’m gonna try plan really well. I feel we got to do everything at least once that we really wanted to in wdw this Christmas despite it being busy. So hoping it’ll be the same in DLP! I’ll try and plan really well lol.
Old 19 Jan 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
itsajennything
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Ps those photos are fab.
Old 19 Jan 19, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
itsajennything
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
Here’s a few more pics of characters in their Halloween attire!
I’ve many more if you want to see!

Those photos are fantastic ! Ooh this makes me so excited. I’m prob worse than the kids. Lol now to plan all our outfits 😂😂 we are only taking hand luggage tho lol. I see clothes for my youngest so I’ll let her decide what she wants 🙂