Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 6 Jul 09, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
angieanguk
slightly serious Dibber

We visited DLP a few years ago and didnt have a problem with queue jumping but I have to agree with the smoking issues.
angieanguk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 09, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Queueing is just not part of French culture at all.
I think i might not even be part of european culture! obv. we brits are used to it, but when me and DBF went to Port Adventura in Salou, Spain, a massive family of spanish people pushed straight passed us - din't even ask! There was a grand total of TWO people from their party ahead of us, and they just all had to be together(!).

i was furious, it was so rude, there was like 10 of them! in the end i had words with one of the party and they let us in front of them (seeing as there was only two of us! ) but still - its so inconsiderate.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 09, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
halsall 1975
slightly serious Dibber

We have been to DLP twice now and dont plan to return any time soon as the French are just rude and cannot queue. Oh and the smoking thing drove me mad - uuggh. Cant wait for Florida in November!
halsall 1975 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 09, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post

I agree. We hate it when you have been waiting for ages for a parade and then a whole family try and get to the front! We have no qualms about pushing them back again. It drives me insane. Or when a group of people try and ge in front of you in a ride queue as theire friend has "saved" them a place! I don't think so. We sometimes hold hands and spread out a bit just to stop them getting through:angry:
Old 6 Jul 09, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

The worst we found is that alot of rides dont open straight away, so like Autopia opened at 11:30am and a queue grow around 10:30, but 11 the queue was long, but well formed. The barrier opened at 11:15 and people came out of nowhere and it was a complete mad rush and bundle and we struggled to stay as a group. (luckily it the crush we kept against the railings and snuck right up avoiding a load of queue).

They are celibrating 15 years and in this time you would have thought they would have got it right by now. Such simple things to get right, but they screw it up. Theres a saying, something about couldnt arrange something in a Brewery
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 09, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post

We went loads of times, when it first opened hoping it would improve.

Seeing the French smoking in the queue for Thunder Mountain ( for safety I thought it was awful,) especially with the amount of us in the queue.

It didn't get better and I am sorry as it is Disney but I don't think I will ever go back,
Old 6 Jul 09, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
BarrettFamily
VIP Dibber

I must admit that I would not go to DLP now I would rather save for longer and go to WDW. Last time we went I thought it was very expensive, dirty and not what I expect from Disney.
WDW All Stars Movies 2001- 10th Anniversary
WDW Carribean Beach Resort 2006
WDW All Stars Music 2008
WDW Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa 2018 - 50th Birthday Celebration with Mum.
BarrettFamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 09, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Indeed...they have no manners, this is what we found everywhere we went at DLP.

It is just so strange how they can't grasp queing! It makes things run so much more smoothly if everyone abided by it, rather than one big massive bundle!

Hmm... I think I will just stick to Florida from now on... so much cleaner and friendlier!
Old 6 Jul 09, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
craigsteeps
Apprentice Imagineer

craigsteeps's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by HoneySugar View Post
Hi,

Just got back from DLP and had a great time, but has anyone else noticed the amount of queue jumpers in France? I found that people in DLP were quite rude.

X
I have been once in 2004 and will NEVER go again.. It has also put me off the rest of france as it wasn't just at DLP but the rest of Paris too.. I used to get really upset in shops/trains and just used to say random words in good old Del Boy style... PETIT POIS, MONGE TOUT ! BONADADOOSH (sp)... Got a few grunts back but at least i felt better !

First family of 4 trip to CBR Aug 2022
2nd family of 4 trip to CBR Aug 2024
craigsteeps is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 09, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
BensMum
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by craigsteeps View Post
I have been once in 2004 and will NEVER go again.. It has also put me off the rest of france as it wasn't just at DLP but the rest of Paris too.. I used to get really upset in shops/trains and just used to say random words in good old Del Boy style... PETIT POIS, MONGE TOUT ! BONADADOOSH (sp)... Got a few grunts back but at least i felt better !

Oh, I wish I'd thought of doing that.
BensMum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread