Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 4 Oct 16, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Spoke to my Niece, she's 8 so the pull of Cheyenne is mighty! But also she's a lazy bag, and telling her it's closer to the park and there's a pool meant she was happy to go with Sequoia Lodge.

I just called, and they sorted it out for me. I have paid £22 less to stay in Sequoia Lodge, Montana room with half board plus, than I would have for Cheyenne with HB plus. So I'm happy.

That's until the offers change again on the 14th November! lol!
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 16, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

yey, great upgrade .
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 16, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
YankInScotland
Helping Minnie

Is there a charge for changes? I've booked for Feb, but this current deal is only £100 or so more...but I can't decide if we really need half board. Can you even make a change like this - same hotel and everything, just adding on half board under the new deal?
YankInScotland is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 16, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Yes normally if you have booked under the same country offer, then you can ring and upgrade or add half board at current offer rate. It must be the same country though - so you book on the Irish offer, you upgrade on the Irish offer.

ETA - I don't know how many there are of you or how many days you are going so can't help with HB will be a good offer if it's 2 of you for 4 nights or something, then £100 isn't bad. If it's 2 of you for 2 nights then I probably wouldn't bother.

Edited at 10:23 AM.
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 16, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
YankInScotland
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by Tink75 View Post
Yes normally if you have booked under the same country offer, then you can ring and upgrade or add half board at current offer rate. It must be the same country though - so you book on the Irish offer, you upgrade on the Irish offer.

ETA - I don't know how many there are of you or how many days you are going so can't help with HB will be a good offer if it's 2 of you for 4 nights or something, then £100 isn't bad. If it's 2 of you for 2 nights then I probably wouldn't bother.
It's for two of us for four nights. We are in Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest, and I've read we'll get breakfast and snacks so I'm not sure we'll need four table service meals, but I think that's a darn good price. Decisions!
YankInScotland is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 16, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

To be honest, the snacks are OK, but they aren't a meal substitute. So it's basically £12.50 each per day - not bad really. I think it depends on whether you had planned to eat TS a fair bit of CS. Even then though, CS isn't cheap in DLRP, you can spend £20 ish on the two of you with drinks/dessert, depending on where you eat.

I'm presuming you'll be able to eat at certain restaurants with that HB. If you wanted eat at any premium ones you'll have to the pay the difference.
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 16, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by YankInScotland View Post
Is there a charge for changes? I've booked for Feb, but this current deal is only £100 or so more...but I can't decide if we really need half board. Can you even make a change like this - same hotel and everything, just adding on half board under the new deal?

I was going to add half board plus anyway, and I was in Cheyenne. The price for 3 of us (2 adults, 1 child) was £268. The offer meant I paid £246.25, got the half board plus and the upgrade to Sequoia Lodge, Montana room. I didn't have to pay any fee, etc to change.

We wanted the plus as it includes Cafe Mickey & Remy. Then we've chosen 2 other restaurants. I calculated if it would be worth it for us by figuring out the cost of those two restaurants (Mickey & Remy) and adding in cheaper CS, if we decided to go that way. Basically for us it worked out the dining plan was the best option, especially with the snack included each day.

I'm not sure about the adding just half board under the new deal, but I think someone already answered that for you.

x
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 16, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
YankInScotland
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Thank you for all the info. The price has risen just over today, so I'm thinking it won't be worth changing. I should just not look and be happy with what I have!
Old 5 Oct 16, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YankInScotland View Post
Thank you for all the info. The price has risen just over today, so I'm thinking it won't be worth changing. I should just not look and be happy with what I have!
You have to be quick if it's a price you are happy with. I've learnt that the hard way over the years. There are limited numbers of room at certain deals, once they're gone, they're gone (bit like Aldi lol!)...

On the plus side, you can eat where you want etc if you don't have HB, and aren't 'forced' to do TS to use vouchers if it's not something you want to do.
Old 5 Oct 16, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
YankInScotland
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tink75 View Post
You have to be quick if it's a price you are happy with. I've learnt that the hard way over the years. There are limited numbers of room at certain deals, once they're gone, they're gone (bit like Aldi lol!)...

On the plus side, you can eat where you want etc if you don't have HB, and aren't 'forced' to do TS to use vouchers if it's not something you want to do.

I love the idea that DLP is like Aldi! That made me laugh. I would like to try a couple of restaurants in the village and maybe even take the train to the shopping centre to see what restaurants are there, so I won't miss HB. Our main reason for going is Season of the Force...and rides...and shopping, of course!
Closed Thread