Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 28 May 19, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDew4
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile Universal in October

Hi we have booked a week in October and just wanted peoples experiences on weather,crowd levels etc. Halloween horrors is on nearly every night while we are there so park will close at 5, so what did you do after 5? Thanks

Edited at 09:27 AM. Reason: changed title around
DisneyDew4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
alanm
Serious Dibber

You could go to the Halloween horror night? two nights for the price of one on a few sites I've seen, City Walk is all open so dinner & drinks?
Go off-site to Disney Springs? Blue Man Group? Mini golf? A movie? Weather is usually lovely in October
alanm is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
We're going in October too and while US will close at 5pm on HHN nights IOA will still be open until 8pm. We have a 5 day park to park ticket and are staying at RPR for one night for express passes and with the help of the DIBB Busy Day Guide our we will visit when both parks are open until 7pm/8pm so we can see the night shows. We may then go back for a third day for DD to revisit her favourite rides but will probably just pop in early morning to blitz and leave before HHN guests arrive.

Just realised that you are going later in the month when HHN is on nearly every night. Do you have park to park tickets or one park a day ? If one park a day I'd just go in early, have a snack lunch and when the park closes at 5pm go for a nice meal at CIty Walk, go to the Cinema or head to the shops.

Edited at 12:29 PM.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
floridaphil
Very Serious Dibber

We stayed a week at Portofino Bay last October for the front of line passes, the weather was lovely but the crowds were only light so barely used the passes. No interest in HHN so early closing we went to IOA or a trip down I drive for a meal, the 360 or some shopping.
floridaphil is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Little Green
Trading Disney Pins

Just bumping/hijackingif that’s OK, as it looks like we’ll be there at the same time as the OP.

I’ve been to Orlando several times for the last two weeks of October between 1999 and 2006, then Easter 2009 and August 2011. Following the busy day guide (DIBB and Touringplans) worked well, even in August 2011. We rarely queued for more than 30 mins, much was a walk on.

In 2016 DH and I visited Universal on Black Friday which was supposed to be manageable, but we bailed at lunch time. We visited again the following Thursday (1 Dec) and it was very quiet.

So... I’m asking seasoned Universal visitors what they think our experience might be the last few days of October this year, in comparison to my previous experience?

I’ve been talking the whole thing up to DH and DSS (12), but I’m worried it might be Black Friday busy and put DH off forever.

We won’t do HHN and will have no problem arriving at park opening. We’ll only do the US parks, and will probably have 3 theme park mornings/afternoons, spending the rest of our time in the resort, outlets and visiting state parks.

Thanks.
Little Green is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List