Notices

Old 18 Jan 21, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBobby
Excited about Disney

Personally think Biden wants to make sure that America is on top of the vivid before anyone is allowed to travel to & from USA, as another Dibber said, I think he (Biden) won't rush into opening up America like Trump wanted to.

This is just my opinion but I don't think you will see flights to Orlando until at least October/November time & that's if the vaccine is administered not only here in the UK but the US as well.
DisneyBobby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

I wonder at what point holiday, ticketing and aviation companies will start worrying that 2021 will be as bad for business as 2020 and start folding before customers clamber for refunds.
Worrying times
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Robyn89
slightly serious Dibber

I think one thing in Bidenís favour, over Trump, is that he will take a more science based approach. Which makes me think that once heís confident the vaccine is rolling out as planned and heís convinced the negative testing 72 hours before flights is working, I think he will open up to countries that are at similar states in vaccine roll out and controlling the pandemic.
Robyn89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

When we start seeing the effect on hospitalisations and deaths then that's when I'd expect to start seeing movement from the US. Not before and not until.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 02:07 AM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Firstly, will US accept a single first dose if the UK doesn't get around to giving the 2nd dose at 12 weeks or US says it must follow manufacturers guidelines of 3 weeks to be approved.

Secondly, Foxnews is reporting Trump will recind the no non-us travellers in the next few days because of the requirement to have a covid test within 72 hours of travel to the US.

But the recent shambles with tennis players going to Australia show that the 72 hour rule dosen't help much, so is it folly to allow UK and Brazilian fast covid into the US, although they probably have it already. Will Biden reverse it?
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 05:15 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Once numbers of cases start to fall all countries will review their rules. Just because you have had the vaccine doesn't mean you wont get it or transmit it so on that principle they would never reopen.

It may be more around a negative test before travel and observing social distancing and a mask
Old 19 Jan 21, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Stokieuk
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
Once numbers of cases start to fall all countries will review their rules. Just because you have had the vaccine doesn't mean you wont get it or transmit it so on that principle they would never reopen.

It may be more around a negative test before travel and observing social distancing and a mask
Israeli study yesterday claimed 20 times more antibodies after having the Pfizer jab and 'unlikely to transmit virus to others'.

Fingers crossed
Stokieuk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Ingram01
Trying for More Ears

Biden will be an extremely cautious president, so I can't see borders opening for many months yet.

He will want the situation well under control before we see any movement.
Ingram01 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by fredflintstone View Post
Firstly, will US accept a single first dose if the UK doesn't get around to giving the 2nd dose at 12 weeks or US says it must follow manufacturers guidelines of 3 weeks to be approved.

Secondly, Foxnews is reporting Trump will recind the no non-us travellers in the next few days because of the requirement to have a covid test within 72 hours of travel to the US.

But the recent shambles with tennis players going to Australia show that the 72 hour rule dosen't help much, so is it folly to allow UK and Brazilian fast covid into the US, although they probably have it already. Will Biden reverse it?
They more than have it already, it will be the dominant form by March (so they say) and will be dominant worldwide by summer I reckon. Thatís how evolution works- especially in a virus with a naturally evolutionary path to develop the same mutation independently at least 3 times in different continents, and probably many more times elsewhere not yet picked up.
Old 19 Jan 21, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
it doesnít stop you from infecting everyone else
Actually we don't currently know if it does or does not...

The Oxford team said they had limited data that it does a few months back and Van Tam said he was hopeful the vaccine will have an impact on transmission.

So Jury out at the moment. Van Tam said ask me in a couple of months last week.
2002 - Disney Paris Santa Fe | 2016 - Disney Paris Hotel New York | 2018 - Hard Rock / Beach Club | 2019 - Hard Rock / Villa | 2020 - Disneyland California / Six Flags Magic Mountain / LA / Santa Monica | 2022 - Disneyland California / LA / Santa Monica (booked) | 2022 - Cabana Bay / Hard Rock / Villa (booked)
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List