Notices

Old 29 Jan 21, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Over 65's

I am 66 yrs old and live in the North West, having my covid jab on Tuesday. Yay ! Looks like they are starting on the over 65's in this area.
My sister who is 73 but goes to a different doctors surgery than me, is having hers on Sunday. We are really motoring along now with our vaccination programme. I have to say I was really surprised when I got the txt to phone up to make an appointment, I thought off the omni calculator it would be another 4 weeks before I got it.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 21, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Robyn89
slightly serious Dibber

Wonderful news! My mum is in the north east and they seem to have been doing really well with vaccinations too - shes 56 so Im hoping it wont be too long before its her turn, Ill certainly breathe a sigh of relief when my parents are protected.
Robyn89 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 21, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Great news !
My dad is 72 and having his next week ,hes in the east like us .
My in laws, both in their 70s had theirs last week and theyre south east so just waiting for my mum and shes 64 so hopefully not too long for her but shes in Kent so who knows !

Edited at 07:42 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 21, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Brilliant news Im so pleased for you
Old 29 Jan 21, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
We are down on the south coast and we have neighbours in their 80's and even 90's who haven't been called yet so I think it will be months before we get the call.
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 21, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by chrisxal View Post
We are down on the south coast and we have neighbours in their 80's and even 90's who haven't been called yet so I think it will be months before we get the call.
Yes us too! Only began the 90 + last week! Shame whether we live or die depends upon where you live!

Edited at 08:31 PM.
CarolynU is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 21, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
VIP Dibber

I am 67 with no underlying illnesses and I had my first jab yesterday. My husband who is 69 had his today.

We had the Phizer jab and were asked on Wednesday evening by text and booked online for Thursday or Friday.

I think we are Phizer fillers asked to use up the opened vaccine. That's fine, we happily went.
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 21, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by Loobylou_82 View Post
I am 66 yrs old and live in the North West, having my covid jab on Tuesday. Yay ! Looks like they are starting on the over 65's in this area.
My sister who is 73 but goes to a different doctors surgery than me, is having hers on Sunday. We are really motoring along now with our vaccination programme. I have to say I was really surprised when I got the txt to phone up to make an appointment, I thought off the omni calculator it would be another 4 weeks before I got it.
Whereabouts in the north west are you? We are Warrington and my family are in Cheshire east. We are further ahead. My step Mum who works as a carer for old people is only being jabbed tonight (Cheshire East) and no sign of my 73 year old Dad with health conditions, here in Warrington they are also on the over 65s
Old 29 Jan 21, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

I do think the difference throughout the country is quite bad - my MIL who is in her 80's only her hers yesterday , my mum 78 with COPD still waiting. I am pleased people are getting it but why are some parts so far ahead whilst other areas are what I consider to be seriously behind?
Old 29 Jan 21, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
My area are finally starting the 70s-74s and onto the ECV. Im sure I read those areas forging ahead with the 65s+ will again have vaccines redistributed to slower areas to ensure government target of all first 4 cohorts can be met by 15 Feb deadline.

Edited at 09:15 PM.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List