Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
From what I heard, distribution is based on % cohorts, the issue comes when some surgeries have smaller %s than others and not all in those cohorts take up the vaccine hence why some are ploughing through more than others. But the main concentration (according to UK Gov) should be on top 4 cohorts which is why there are reports of vaccine being redistributed.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 21, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

DS & DDIL had theirs last Saturday in the York mass vaccination centre which is about 15 miles from where we live.

DH was only offered a local GP surgery which is what we would have wanted anyway. Three local doctors surgeries have combined to offer the vaccine in one location and the reports I have seen state that it is very well organised.

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
All Star Movies Oct 2002, DLP Feb 2000
Royal Pacific Resort & Beach Club Villas Oct 2004, Aug 2005, 2007, 2009,2011 & 2016
Disneyland Hotel California July 2006
Hard Rock Hotel & Beach Club Villas Aug 2008
Villas at Grand Californian October 2012
RPR, BCV, DCL Bahamian Cruise & BLT 2014
Rocky Maountaineer, DCL Alaskan Cruise and VGC 2015
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 21, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by CarolynU View Post
Yes us too! Only began the 90 + last week! Shame whether we live or die depends upon where you live!
Things should even out of the next couple of weeks as the vaccine supplies should be redistributed to area like yours. Of course some people will complain that it's slowed where they live but it's only fair to get us all on a level pegging as much as possible by mid Feb.
93 94 03 DLP
JudyC is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 21, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by JudyC View Post
Things should even out of the next couple of weeks as the vaccine supplies should be redistributed to area like yours. Of course some people will complain that it's slowed where they live but it's only fair to get us all on a level pegging as much as possible by mid Feb.
Yes I think we have just arrived at that point where we are receiving enough vaccine to allow a catch up but of course that has bewildered those areas really far ahead as they thought that this progress would continue but it has slowed.
Old 30 Jan 21, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by CarolynU View Post
Yes I think we have just arrived at that point where we are receiving enough vaccine to allow a catch up but of course that has bewildered those areas really far ahead as they thought that this progress would continue but it has slowed.
After mid Feb I hope we can all forge ahead and get to the over 60's by March. Hubby will fall in that category but not me quite yet
93 94 03 DLP
JudyC is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 21, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Could it be that the areas that are further ahead than others have less folks in each category, so reach lower age groups quicker, although the total jabs per area are the same?

Just trying to think why some groups are looking like they are further ahead.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 21, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

well my mum finally got an invitation for a vaccination - the only problem is that we are in Kent and they want her to travel to Essex! Trying to sort out a closer venue
Old 30 Jan 21, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
jdndt
Imagineer

My parents are in the NE and both 70, they are still waiting to hear but hopefully it won't be too long. My Dads sister is only 3 years older than my dad and has had hers - they only live a few miles apart.
jdndt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 21, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracydcp
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Loobylou_82 View Post
Just inbetween Thornton Cleveleys and Poulton le Fydle. About 4/5 miles outside Blackpool.
My parents live near you, my dad is 73 and hes having his on 8th Feb. My mum is 68 so didnt think shed get hers for a while but maybe it will be sooner than we thought!

April/May 2009, October 2011, May 2013, May 2015
August 2020 Were going back!
Tracydcp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 21, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Im in the North East and my parents are in their mid 70s and my sister has been shielding and I was hopeful that they would have been done by now as our area was progressing well. However they have heard nothing, and there has been a lot of press saying that our supply has been diverted elsewhere as our region has been very efficient at getting people vaccinated. Surely if there are still people in the priority groups and the health authority is being efficient then the vaccine shouldn't be diverted elsewhere. Why remove vaccine earmarked for priority groups to other areas?