Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 19 Jan 21, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Mark1994
slightly serious Dibber

Mark1994's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Hawthorn Suites, Lake Buena Vista

This is a super popular hotel from what I have historically seen here on the The Dibb.

We've historically stayed at Marriott World Center x 7, and on site CBR x 1, POR x 2 CS x 1, and in a Villa x 2

These days after career changes, we're both studen social workers, so obviously money is tight, however one us is qualified by summer 2022, and looking for a cheaper Disney Holiday, and Hawthorn suites looks like it suits our needs, location is great, and prices look good too. There's a few others on the radar too, such as the Clarion inn (which I think is next door), as well as Wyndham on I-Drive.

My wife says Hawthorn Suites will be fine for this trip until we are both back full time employed, but I am MASSIVELY concerned about the hotel. I know you're always going to get more people likely to give a negative review, but seeing some of the rooms does give me reservations, and would rather drive the extra 20 minutes from I-Drive and stay in the Wyndham... But I much prefer the location of Hawthorn Suites...

Can anyone out there give me a fully HONEST review the good, the bad and the ugly.

Thanks!

Edited at 12:48 AM.
Mark1994 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 01:07 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We had a bad experience with a dirty kitchen that the hotel took, some might say incompetent management, 2 attempts to sort out. And a claim we couldn’t be moved on the first night due to full occupancy. As well as a broken lamp that was never sorted (as in falling apart) not just a new bulb needed.

Unfortunately the experience means we would never stay there again, there are so many other places. It was a shame as we’d heard lots of positives and we love the Palm Parkway location. Was late December 2016 and coincided with me having pneumonia so spent more time than usual in the room!

Edited at 01:09 AM.
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
I can’t give a review of the Hawthorn Suites but all I would say if you are massively concerned about any hotel I’m not sure I’d stay there. It’s very difficult when you don’t know a hotel. One person says it’s amazing and another one hates it. I look at many YouTube videos as possible to try and get a feel.

I have stayed at the Wyndham Idrive back in 2017 for 5 nights and had a lovely stay although the hotel had a quite an odd layout. Pics in my 2017 trip report.
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
charandcubby
slightly serious Dibber

We stayed there a few years ago and it was fine, dated rooms and furniture but they were clean and big enough for a two year old to run around, housekeeping were lovely, check in desk man a bit surly but didn’t affect our stay only really needed him to check in and out! Good location as close but it’s near the crazy traffic light centre(sorry not sure what that busy road is called) so even though it’s close it sometimes would take a bit of time to get in and out of wdw. pool was small but ok for our son to have a little dip in the afternoon, for the price it was fine and I didn’t expect anymore, however last January we stayed at another budget hotel near animal kingdom and it was an absolute flea pit and we paid more and moved to Disney, because we booked with virgin we thought it would be at least clean but no. Personally if your going to Disney it’s not much more to stay at all stars and although smaller much easier to be on property.
June/July 2011 TLV, Nov/Dec 2011 LBV
May/June 2001 RPM, Sept 2005 BWL
charandcubby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
BebeYorkshire
Apprentice Imagineer

My OH and I stayed there in 2019. Our experience was much the same as charandcubby has posted. It was dated but clean, spacious rooms and in a decent location. I wouldn't fall over myself to stay there again, but I wouldn't say never. It was perfectly acceptable.
BebeYorkshire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
There are some Dibber reviews of the hotel here, although most are not very recent:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/hoteldisplay.php?id=74

You do sometimes have to be careful which Hawthorne Suites people were historically talking about (same goes for other hotels). I've stayed at the Hawthorne Suites on International Drive, not LBV, and that was ok. That was some time ago and I'm not even sure whether it still exists. It was good but not great, generally clean and tidy, with friendly staff. I certainly wouldn't be against staying there again but I wouldn't rush to go back there either.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 21, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
burnoutbabe
Getting Excited

i stayed on Hawthorne Suites on IDrive (Canada Avenue, near the big macD)

It was okay. room was large but dated. Staying at royal pacific for 2 nights near the start was a mistake in terms of quality difference!

but it was located perfectly for many great restaurants. it was something like £40 a night (5 years ago) and free breakfast (rowdy but tons to eat) and free shuttles to the parks (only 1-2 times a day but perfectly okay)

So it wasn;t wow but it was good value.
burnoutbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 21, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Apprentice Imagineer

Sorry I haven't been to Hawthorne Suites but I was recommended the Blue Tree Resort by a few people which I think is close by and a similar price.
shelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 21, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
may
Apprentice Imagineer

may's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 10
Originally Posted by shelle View Post
Sorry I haven't been to Hawthorne Suites but I was recommended the Blue Tree Resort by a few people which I think is close by and a similar price.
I have previously stayed at Blue Tree and am hoping to do so again if we get there this September. It is also dated but safe, clean, well located and spacious. Another alternative would be Cypress Pointe.
may is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List