Old 12 Feb 21, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Rooms with 5th sleeper don’t tend to cost any more, but they are less available.
5th sleepers do cost more at WDW we booked in 2019 POR and to be guaranteed a Murphy bed we had to pay more. The additional fee was introduced in 2019.

It was worth it for us simply because neither my daughter or I wanted to share with a wriggling four year old. Be warned though ,it's not a full size bed.. it drops down in the room. I'd pay again if I had too, but wish Disney did more proper family rooms rather than two doubles

Edited the only way you don't pay more is if you are a family of five

Edited at 06:39 PM.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 21, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
5th sleepers do cost more at WDW we booked in 2019 POR and to be guaranteed a Murphy bed we had to pay more. The additional fee was introduced in 2019.

It was worth it for us simply because neither my daughter or I wanted to share with a wriggling four year old. Be warned though ,it's not a full size bed.. it drops down in the room. I'd pay again if I had too, but wish Disney did more proper family rooms rather than two doubles

Edited the only way you don't pay more is if you are a family of five
We've booked CBR for May. There's only 4 of us but we booked the 5th sleeper room as it was £350 cheaper than the standard room. Maybe it depends on availability?

Edited at 09:59 PM.
shelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 21, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by shelle View Post
We've booked CBR for May. There's only 4 of us but we booked the 5th sleeper room as it was £350 cheaper than the standard room. Maybe it depends on availability?
Possibly. As I say, we went in2019 when they first introduced the pay for fifth sleeper, there was much angst on here and on other forums about it costing more. Having just done a quick search, there are actually no standards available at CBR for this July, only fifth sleepers so I’m presuming that standards have been fully alllocated.

All I know is back in 2019 we had to pay more for a fifth sleeper. I think it came on the back of advanced requests for a fifth sleepers showing a demand and when there is a demand at WDW there’s usually a charge

This was the difference in prices for us to be guaranteed a fifth sleeper in 2019

Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside - Standard View - £2,632

Fifth sleeper

Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside - Standard View - 5th sleeper. £2,905
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 21, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Firekat
VIP Dibber

Could it have been a standard pirate room you were comparing with?
Firekat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 21, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

We didn't, and had 2 weeks in a studio in OKW were our 2 were completely unable to share so dh and I slept with the kids for the entire holiday.

Never again! Next trip we're planning a 1bed at OKW.
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 21, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Firekat View Post
Could it have been a standard pirate room you were comparing with?
No it was regular standard, I've just checked my planner.

The 5th sleeper was £2546 for 7 nights inc tix and the standard was £2882. Preferred was more expensive of course and I didn't note the price of the pirate rooms at all, as I won't consider them(smaller beds/poor location).

I wonder if the standard 4 person room wasn't in the free nights offer? Not that it matters, I'm glad the 5th sleeper was cheaper as it means the kids can choose to use it or not. You can guarantee if I'd paid extra they would choose to share a bed instead!

ETA: I've just looked now and for 7 nights from 6th May 2021 5th sleeper is £1249, pirate room £1504 and standard £1652. The standard room does not have the 2 nights free offer below it so I assume that accounts for the price difference.

Edited at 12:33 PM.
shelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 21, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Memories4You
slightly serious Dibber

we booked with a 5th sleeper too at CBR and yes it was cheaper at that time
Memories4You is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List