Notices

Old 12 Feb 21, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Covid toe/chillblains - how do you know?

Has anyone had this? Did you have any other symptoms?

Both DS12 and DH have got what appears to be chilblains on their feet. Both of them are currently at home 99% of the time as DH is working from home and DS is home learning. If itís Covid toe, then the likelihood is that it was me that passed it on as they arenít going anywhere but Iíd find it strange that all 3 of us would have no symptoms other than the toes. Neither of them have ever had chillblains before either and itís not like theyíre living in an igloo.
No point really to my post. I guess Iím just wondering how many other people have had Covid toes and whether you had other symptoms.
Old 12 Feb 21, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I have no answers for you I am afraid but how strange that they both have it. Have they been outside? If there is any doubt regarding covid then I would get a test done just to be safe.
Floridatilly is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 21, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

My DH has this, seems like he's had it for month's.
One of the chilblains burst on a toe today, there was blood all over his sock and he didn't realise until I saw it on the floor, he has small chilblains on his hands too, had Covid test weeks ago but not positive, it's all so strange 🤔 😉
Doc said it's a Covid symptom but not necessarily Covid...
I did a thread on this ages ago 👍

Edited at 10:56 PM.
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 21, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
AL1S0N
Imagineer

My husband and I had covid last April. A month later my 11 year old developed what we suspected was covid toes. It basically looked like she was losing most of her toes to frostbite! Anyway, a couple of weeks ago it came back. Only this time no one in the house has had covid , and we've barely been out. So now wondering if this is one of those long covid things, or if it's completely unrelated
AL1S0N is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 21, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
hils
Getting Excited

Mobile

My son had covid in October but this past week has developed ?covid toes/?chillblains, however he has also been complaining of everything tasting and smelling disgusting. The taste/smell was the only symptoms he had in October and that had settled weeks ago.
hils is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 21, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by hils View Post
My son had covid in October but this past week has developed ?covid toes/?chillblains, however he has also been complaining of everything tasting and smelling disgusting. The taste/smell was the only symptoms he had in October and that had settled weeks ago.
Oh no. Hope he doesnít test positive again.
Old 13 Feb 21, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Thanks for your comments everyone. It is just very strange.🤔
Old 13 Feb 21, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Fireworks
Excited about Disney

This is really strange, I have had no Covid symptoms, nor have I knowingly been in contact with anyone who has had Covid but my little toe on my right foot is red and has been painful for about 2 weeks (have never had chilblains before but imagine this is what it is). It is unlikely to be a "normal" chilblain as I haven't been anywhere for my feet to get that cold.

I'm 99% sure I haven't had Covid recently as have been ultra ultra careful, only going out once a week to Aldi and sanitising before and after going in the shop, face mask, distancing etc.

I do, however, think I had Covid Christmas 2019 (I know that's earlier than cases are being confirmed, but still convinced all our family had it then) although obviously this has never been confirmed

Edited at 03:34 PM.
Fireworks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 21, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fireworks View Post
This is really strange, I have had no Covid symptoms, nor have I knowingly been in contact with anyone who has had Covid but my little toe on my right foot is red and has been painful for about 2 weeks (have never had chilblains before but imagine this is what it is). It is unlikely to be a "normal" chilblain as I haven't been anywhere for my feet to get that cold.

I'm 99% sure I haven't had Covid recently as have been ultra ultra careful, only going out once a week to Aldi and sanitising before and after going in the shop, face mask, distancing etc.

I do, however, think I had Covid Christmas 2019 (I know that's earlier than cases are being confirmed, but still convinced all our family had it then) although obviously this has never been confirmed
I think it's strange that people who don't normally get chilblains and haven't spent a long time in the cold are suddenly getting them.
Old 13 Feb 21, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Ingram01
Trying for More Ears

Very interesting reading this and surprised at the number of people, because I have just developed this too on a few of my toes for the first time.

I haven't had Covid to my knowledge, though would be surprised if I hadn't because my partner had it a few months ago. I had two tests but both were negative.
Ingram01 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List