Notices

Old 22 Feb 21, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
LoopyLoo07
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by LoopyLoo07 View Post
The guardian mentioned June x
I suppose we wait and see what Boris says! 😭
LoopyLoo07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 21, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
samhartwell
Serious Dibber

we are desperate to find out about university and face to fave teaching and no one has mentioned it yet.

Not clear if universities are included in schools and colleges

Poor DS needs to decide what to do wrt his halls of residence

Doesnt help when he knows his friends and family studying vet/med have not been affected and have continued to enjoy their courses

Please let our young adults have a normal life even if it means he doesnt come home for a while (thats my plea anyway)
Aug 2015 - West Coast road trip number 2
July 2017 - East & West Coast trip No 3
samhartwell is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 21, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
VIP Dibber

What time is the briefing - 5pm?
If schools are 8 March I would be surprised if itís all children - thatís not to say I donít agree though but another dibber made a good point about it being Easter a few weeks later so maybe they will.
Old 22 Feb 21, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Uk holidays from June. No news on foreign holidays as the government suggests this is subject to a number of variables outside of their control
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 21, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
What time is the briefing - 5pm?
If schools are 8 March I would be surprised if itís all children - thatís not to say I donít agree though but another dibber made a good point about it being Easter a few weeks later so maybe they will.
Its scheduled for 7pm.
Tracy x
Old 22 Feb 21, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by LoopyLoo07 View Post
No U.K. holidays until June.. if hospitality can operate in April/May(indoors or outdoors) why canít I stay in a hotel!
I've booked a weekend break for my wedding anniversary in May, it's only 20 mins away on the train so could still go if things are open but if hotels aren't it's a bit of a faff coming home every day
princessnicki is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 21, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Sue
VIP Dibber

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
Drip feeding the information as ever, so itís not a surprise and all the usual journalists can ask the same meaningless questions that are not in the slightest bit challenging.
From what Iíve read, outdoor sports can start end March - so thatís younger, unvaccinated people mingling in groups, but a family who are all vaccinated cannot go out for a meal?
Hairdressers not open until May? They are all masked, Covid prepared and in my recent experience, all able to socially distance.
Holidays perhaps from July - get yours in quick folks, thatís 2 months before we can expect the first seasonal flu cases to be reported and any excuse to shut us all down again will be taken I expect.

This is not a route out, itís a Ďtreat them mean to keep them afraidí plan as far as Iím concerned and the futures of millions is bleak
I will be accused of being a doom monger but reading between the lines of this leak, I cannot see anything else

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye - Miss Piggy

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS

Edited at 10:31 AM.
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 21, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by Sue View Post
Drip feeding the information as ever, so itís not a surprise and all the usual journalists can ask the same meaningless questions that are not in the slightest bit challenging.
From what Iíve read, outdoor sports can start end March - so thatís younger, unvaccinated people mingling in groups, but a family who are all vaccinated cannot go out for a meal?
Hairdressers not open until May? They are all masked, Covid prepared and in my recent experience, all able to socially distance.
Holidays perhaps from July - get yours in quick folks, thatís 2 months before we can expect the first seasonal flu cases to be reported and any excuse to shut us all down again will be taken I expect.

This is not a route out, itís a Ďtreat them mean to keep them afraidí plan as far as Iím concerned and the futures of millions is bleak
I will be accused of being a doom monger but reading between the lines of this leak, I cannot see anything else
Can I ask where you saw hairdressers in May? Iím a driving instructor and we donít get any info. Weíve tended to be grouped in with hairdressers! Was hoping it sounded like April for me

ALL IN ONE PLACE 2012-2019 Trip Reports

gjdjud76 on instagram

DOUBLE TROUBLE IN THE DISNEY BUBBLE AUGUST 2022
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 21, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Can I ask where you saw hairdressers in May? Iím a driving instructor and we donít get any info. Weíve tended to be grouped in with hairdressers! Was hoping it sounded like April for me
I do hope you get back to work in April - on a selfish note my son has rebooked his test for May , it would be nice if he could have a few lessons before it. I was hoping everything would be up and running by April.
Old 22 Feb 21, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Sue
VIP Dibber

Sue's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 17
Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
The Telegraph have done a prediction based on the information they have so far. It doesnít stray much from what is being reported everywhere else - BBC, Sky, Sun etc

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye - Miss Piggy

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List