Notices

Old 26 Feb 21, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

last day of school for y11 / y13

anyone heard any rumours as they are not doing exams there is little point in being in school much after say mid may when lets assume the teachers assessments need to be submitted ?
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 21, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

I thought Iíd read the assessments need to be in by 18th June
RachaelC is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 21, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
VIP Dibber

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Grades need to be submitted by the 18th June so I suppose they might keep them there till at least then. Nothing to say they won't keep them longer but I hope not.
Old 26 Feb 21, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

aha18th June ! thought i'd read that was the official 'last' day of school for them

so could be in school till then... difficult to keep them motivated when they cant really learn anything else though...

usually in exam year by may its just exam revision etc
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 21, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
VIP Dibber

Beth_Disney's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
aha18th June ! thought i'd read that was the official 'last' day of school for them

so could be in school till then... difficult to keep them motivated when they cant really learn anything else though...

usually in exam year by may its just exam revision etc
At the school my husband teaches at, they stopped exam leave years ago and students are expected to attend lessons right until the last day (I think that's the day of the very last GCSE exam, rather than the end of the summer term). Obviously, they don't and attendance drops right off after they've had the last exam in that subject.

He's teaching at the moment so I'll ask him what happened last year and whether he's heard any plans for this year and update later.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 21, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

ok thanks for that

purely selfish reasons we fancy a sunny city break as soon as my daughter leaves school before the summer holiday mad price kicks in
Old 26 Feb 21, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
tmwalsh
Serious Dibber

I've booked a week away on the 26th June. I can cancel but if everything is in exam wise I'll be going whether or not school has officially finished.
tmwalsh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 21, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
jasminedivas
Very Serious Dibber

jasminedivas's Reviews
Iíve had an email from Dsís school today, to say donít book any holidays before 18/6, so I think it will be that week, maybe slightly earlier if everything is submitted earlier.

Comfort Inn LBV Apr 1999, All Star movies May 2003/4/6. Various villa locations 2007/8/9/10/12. Wash DC 31/12/12 1nt, NY 15/02/2014 3nts, LV11/08/14 2nts. Miami, Orlando, IAD & NY Aug 15 23nts
jasminedivas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 21, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Iím guessing it wonít be until at least 18th June.
Could keep them until the end of term though to teach areas of subjects missed for the sake of education continuation maybe?
Legally they can leave school at the end of June if already 16.
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 21, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
I too am holding off booking anything because I cant find anything with free cancellation. Something keeps niggling me that daughter will be in school until the end of term especially if going on to the schools sixth form . I am a bit over cautious though !
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List