Old 25 May 20, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile Your local beaches

We live on the Mersey in a town called Runcorn in cheshire. Luckily we live next to a little nature reserve it's a two mile walk we do daily with James. We haven't left our town since march, just wondering what your beaches are like today with the lovely weather? Are the news reports right? Are people swarming there and not practicing social distancing?

I feel sad for you locals and also torn for those who live in apartments with no outdoor space
Old 25 May 20, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Not been to any beaches yet and are desperate to take the children in this lovely weather. Weíre lucky enough though with large garden for kids to play in. My heart absolutely has broken for those in flats over the last few months. Imagine a family with a couple of kids stuck inside all day. My daughter lives near tynemouth beach in north east and she said it was empty two days ago.
Old 25 May 20, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Living on the outskirts of London so we donít have any beaches. Our nearest beach would be Southend, but thatís 1.5hrs without traffic. My brother lives in Poole but they havenít been to the beach at all since lockdown.

I can imagine lots will travel to the beaches today. Iím quite happy sitting in my garden on the Dibb whilst my husband is working on our lockdown project (home gym in garden)
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Iím in Southend. Itís really busy but I have to say people seem to be making a slight effort with social distancing. Itís definitely less rammed than it usually would be on a sunny bank holiday. Thereís some photos recently uploaded on the Facebook page - Your Southend, if you want to get an idea of what itís like!
(IĎm working today and have to drive near the beach for that, definitely not attempting to go down there for any other reason!)
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Nearest beach to me is 100 miles, I think I'll not bother. Stick to the pub in the garden.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty0910
Getting Excited

Mobile

Live near Bournemouth and the council have just put a message out saying all the car parks are full. Business as usual.

2007 - Grand Floridian/St Pete's Beach, 2011 - Dibb Villa Champions Gate, 2014 - Dibb Villa Sunset Lakes/Miami/Naples/Anna Maria Island/Clearwater, 2016/2017 Universal Sapphire Falls, 2019 - Caribbean Beach Resort, 2020 - Cape Coral/POFQ
Scotty0910 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
We went to one of our local beaches on Saturday evening - first time since the lockdown. Was lovely to walk along the beach, and smell and hear the sea. Hardly anyone there. OH cycled past it today and said the car park was absolutely heaving and people parking along the road. Didnít look like a lot of social distancing was happening I hate to think what the North Cornwall beaches are like.

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?
vanlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

I walk the dog on the beach every day its 2 mins from my door. The single lane access road is rammed today. Theres quite a few cars parked at the top of my road some with kayaks who have walked down. If we had a decent amount of sand it wouldn't be so much of an issue. When the tide comes in theres minimal beach. I bet when I go later the bins will be over flowing with beer bottles discarded smouldering disposable bbq left on the ground like they normally are. No toilets here so I can imagine where that's gone 🤢
Old 25 May 20, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Hecky78
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

I live in the north west and itís about a5 minutes work to the beach. Itís absolutely heaving with people and cars - I wouldnít mind but with the lack of parking available - they have literally parked (well dumped) cars anywhere!
Hecky78 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
excitedbunny79
Imagineer

Mobile

I was at Sandbanks yesterday and it was easy to get a car parking spot when we arrived at 3pm yesterday which is unheard of for a normal Sunday in the summer. It was very civilised, not over crowded and everyone socially distancing. I did comment though from if you took a photo from a certain angle you could have made it look packed, but it was far from it in reality. It was lovely and relaxed with families enjoying themselves safely. It was lovely to see.

excitedbunny79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List