Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Feb 21, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Love your design, very much! We had a similar full refit recently, we also went we just knew in our gut were the right people when we met and they quoted. We had a few issues along a the way, re the house not their work, and they were fabulous.
We also used Howdens and now the designer and our contractors are doing loads of jobs together, I am still angling for commsssion!
They are returning for part two, the hall refurb (we have-old wood panelling), fitted office units(Howdens) in the small spare room and a new vanity in the downstairs laundry/ cloakroom.
We used check a trade for the contractors and reviewed Howdens designers on trustpilot, picked the one we have because she had good reviews. My brother also used Howdens and he does all this stuff himself and said they were well built and competitive. I also like that they always have the stuff in stock, so if a bit is wrong, damaged or missing the contractors can just pop and change it.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 21, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
simon
VIP Dibber

simon's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 12
That’s exactly the reasons we went with Howdens 🧐
simon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 21, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
COL41
Imagineer

Mobile

All our kitchen stuff was delivered end of October and so far the fitter has discovered the dishwasher, one upstand, hob splash back and a couple of cupboards end missing. Frustrating for him but quick phone calls and new items delivered from Howdens.
2001 DLP hen weekend, 2006 DLP Sequoia Lodge, 2009 Hotel Cheyenne (my 40th), 2012 WDW Orlando & St Petes Beach, 2015 Miami, Orlando & Clearwater. 2017 Miami and Cape Coral 2019 NYC for BFF 50th, 2020 Orlando (cancelled due to Covid ) 2021 NYC with the family
COL41 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 21, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
simon
VIP Dibber

simon's Reviews
Plastering walls and overboard ceiling

simon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 21, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Looking good. I'm really hoping to get ours done later this year. dreading find the workmen to do it all :|

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 21, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
simon
VIP Dibber

simon's Reviews
Plasterer putting cornice up today and then he is done 🤗
Once he is finished that’s all the dirty jobs out the way .
Old 26 Feb 21, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by simon View Post
Plasterer putting cornice up today and then he is done 🤗
Once he is finished that’s all the dirty jobs out the way .
Lucky you, I think we still have a couple of weeks before we have a room ready for install I've been promised once all that is done it moves really quickly!
Old 26 Feb 21, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

If anyone can recommend any tradesman to me that would be great! so difficult!

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 21, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
If anyone can recommend any tradesman to me that would be great! so difficult!
Whereabouts are you? Can recommend some in Wiltshire!
Old 26 Feb 21, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by parisdisneyfan View Post
Whereabouts are you? Can recommend some in Wiltshire!
haha bit far! Cheadle Hulme x