Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 23 Feb 21, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Disney AP question.

So considering 21 day tickets are unlikely to be available next year and the reservation system being in place - IF APs return how would this scenario work?

Visiting DW - can book a certain number of days on our villa part of the stay (3 I think) at a time then move to a Disney resort (DVC booked on points via DVC rental eg) can book days for every day of stay.

Does that sound right? We are travelling over Xmas so would want to stay onsite from the 24th - 28th December.
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 21, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by bronny View Post
Does that sound right? We are travelling over Xmas so would want to stay onsite from the 24th - 28th December.
Yeah, max three offsite days plus any onsite days
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 21, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
Yeah, max three offsite days plus any onsite days
Thank you. The removal of the 21 day tickets is pain for us as we always do a minimum of 21 days and most of that is in Disney.
POFQ December 2016

Edited at 09:51 PM.
bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 21, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by bronny View Post
So considering 21 day tickets are unlikely to be available next year and the reservation system being in place - IF APs return how would this scenario work?

Visiting DW - can book a certain number of days on our villa part of the stay (3 I think) at a time then move to a Disney resort (DVC booked on points via DVC rental eg) can book days for every day of stay.

The platinum plus annual pass including water parks was nearly $1400($1275 for just 4 main parks). That's more than two 14 day tickets. If you're going to fit in another trip within 12 months it's definitely worth it, otherwise you'll have to calculate if the 20% dining and merch discount works out for you.
shelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 21, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by shelle View Post
The platinum plus annual pass including water parks was nearly $1400($1275 for just 4 main parks). That's more than two 14 day tickets. If you're going to fit in another trip within 12 months it's definitely worth it, otherwise you'll have to calculate if the 20% dining and merch discount works out for you.
And free parking remember. If you are doing 21 days at the parks then this is $525 just on parking so you probably could make that back quite easily.

With FPs annual passes allow you to book less than a 14 day ticket would just as a warning (I think it was 7 days if you don't have an onsite booking - if onsite then you can book for all your days). Also with the current reservation system APs actually have less availability than regular tickets too
Old 24 Feb 21, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I'm not sure I could ever do 21 days in the parks! Even on a 31 night trip I don't think we hit double figures. I think the decider would have to be that 2nd trip, have you looked at buying a 14 day plus another MYW to cover the remaining days? It's not the cheapest option but versus $1400 (bearing in mind this was last years price & I haven't seen any indication that Disney isn't considering price rises)it could also be a solution.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 21, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
I'm not sure I could ever do 21 days in the parks! Even on a 31 night trip I don't think we hit double figures. I think the decider would have to be that 2nd trip, have you looked at buying a 14 day plus another MYW to cover the remaining days? It's not the cheapest option but versus $1400 (bearing in mind this was last years price & I haven't seen any indication that Disney isn't considering price rises)it could also be a solution.
SD
We do it because we do half days due to my daughters autism and we also have down days in between. For us it worked and we’d go to the parks about 18 of the 21 days. I actually think we’ve now decided to just head to NY on Xmas Eve as it’s cheaper and we will miss most of the madness of Xmas.
POFQ December 2016

Old 25 Feb 21, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Bronny in an ideal world you would expect Disney to look at this & offer some sort of solution,IMO it's too big a jump from a 14 day Ultimate- AP & nothing in between IYKWIM & doesn't really make sense taking the 21 day away whilst leaving the 14, unless the plan at some point it to go back to only having the one "type" of pass available to everyone.
You have to consider if you can get it to work for you? Even on 2 holidays it's down to the discounts/parking- Parking wise you are going to get free parking at both Resort & parks during the DVC stay so it's then how much onsite eating do you plan ? We can't get a DVC Gold pass to work for us, as we get DVC some discounts anyway. 2019 we had 21 day passes, then covered the remaining "10" days with a MNSSHP & a 2 day MYW. As a side note we bought Universal AP's for less than the cost of a UK Universal pass!
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List