Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 18 Apr 17, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
MissBunny
Getting Excited

Two Day Touring Plan Needed!

Hi everyone :-)

Having been to Disneyland in Anaheim and WDW a lot of times over the years, I'm finally going to be heading over to Disneyland Paris for a couple of days in May and need help with putting together a touring plan! It'll be one day for Disneyland and another for Walt Disney Studios.

Now I'm aware that DLP isn't going to be as full on as the American parks, but I would still like an idea of what the best order to do all the attractions would be - what are the busiest rides, what ones we should avoid etc.

A bit of info.. it's going to be just myself and my boyfriend going. Mid-May so avoiding any school holidays. We're renting a nice little flat in Val D'Europe via airbnb so will not have the option of extra magic hours, and so far I know that Pirates will be closed the whole time we're there, and that the Star Wars overhaul of Space Mountain will have just opened!

So from your experiences, what is a good touring plan to go by? Many Thanks!
MissBunny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 17, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

Spend the whole first day in Disneyland Park. Try and get a Fastpass for Big Thunder Mountain at rope drop (the ride is unreliable and may not be open at 10am, a Fastpass at least guarantees you'll be able to ride it with a minimal wait that day). Watch the parade and fireworks. Lines for rides tend to drop later in the day but the other rides I'd fastpass are Peter Pan, Hyperspace Mountain, Star Tours and Buzz.

Second day arrive at the Studios at around 9.15am. When they start letting people in head to either Crush, Ratatouille or the Belle meet and greet as they all get very long lines. Make sure to see Mickey the Magician, you'll need to arrive at least half an hour before show time to guarantee you'll get in, it regularly fills to capacity.
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 17, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
sallybunny
Excited about Disney

Mobile

In the studios, I'd say one get in the queue for Crush while the other goes for Ratatouille FP. That should mean an early Ratatouille (this needs an abbreviation!) FP then you should be able to get TOT if the queues are long when you're there.
sallybunny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 17, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Boots1234
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by MissBunny View Post
Hi everyone :-)

Having been to Disneyland in Anaheim and WDW a lot of times over the years, I'm finally going to be heading over to Disneyland Paris for a couple of days in May and need help with putting together a touring plan! It'll be one day for Disneyland and another for Walt Disney Studios.

Now I'm aware that DLP isn't going to be as full on as the American parks, but I would still like an idea of what the best order to do all the attractions would be - what are the busiest rides, what ones we should avoid etc.

A bit of info.. it's going to be just myself and my boyfriend going. Mid-May so avoiding any school holidays. We're renting a nice little flat in Val D'Europe via airbnb so will not have the option of extra magic hours, and so far I know that Pirates will be closed the whole time we're there, and that the Star Wars overhaul of Space Mountain will have just opened!

So from your experiences, what is a good touring plan to go by? Many Thanks!

you will notice that DLP doesnt have the 'intense' vibe like Magic Kingdom at WDW does.
Boots1234 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 17, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

The day you do Disneyland arrive about 930 as they let you in then. Walk up main street taking in the sights and then at about 945 turn left straight after Caseys. There is a little cut through there that you can go through at 10am (when they drop the rope) and rush for big thunder mountain. There will be a queue here but not as big as the entrance further up. You can either queue for BTM straight away if it is running and if you are quick. Alternatively, grab a fastpass and then head on up to ride Indiana Jones. If you don't need to fastpass it save your FP for Buzz as this gets long queues after extra magic hours. We found recently that Big thunder fastpasses run out early on. Just after lunch and they were gone. This also happens with Buzz. However, Star tours still has them much later. We even got one at 6.20 on a Friday night for just an hour later! I think people don't realise just how good this ride now is. They probably think it's just had a paint job. Indiana Jones isn't worth FP as it has quiet times during the day as it is out of the way. Haunted mansion is usually short queue too. The other rides in fantasy land are generally not too long exept Peter Pan which we only ever ride during EMH.
Studios. We arrive about 9.05 as they open the gates at 9.30 (even though they say it's 10am) so find we are usually right at the front arriving then. Rush as fast as you can to Crush. It always has at least 60 mins queue within minutes of the gates opening. Sometimes they don't let you straight on but other times they do so sending one of you to get a FP for Ratatouille does risk them missing the ride. Personally we just wait till we are off and then rush over to Parachutes and then RC Racer. We can usually then do Ratatouille as single rider as they SR queue moves quick as the cars seat 3 +3 so there are a lot of single seats. We then head over to pick up a fastpass for TOT and head over to ride Rock n Roller as it is usually a shorter queue than TOT. Make sure you fit in Mickey and the Magician show it is excellent.
If you plan on eating fast food, head out of the park to Five guys or Vapianos. Similar prices to park food but much better and less crowded.
Floridasun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List