Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 10 Apr 17, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
MK_club1987
Apprentice Imagineer

Got back on Saturday, quick highs and lows

So got back on Saturday from my surprise birthday trip to DLP, what an amazing way to spend my 30th!

We had 5 nights in Newport Bay, so here's the highs and lows.

Highs:

- Newport Bay, we have only ever stayed offsite before, and never saw the point in spending the extra for onsite... well I have totally changed my mind, the hotel was stunning, both inside and outside, the stroll to the village and parks was much better than getting onto that pink bus which were always too crowded.

- Half board, part of the deal DW got included half board, I wouldn't really pay for it, however if it's included in the offer then it's totally worth it, every time we go to DLP, we only ever eat at Videopolis for lunch, and then either Planet Hollywood or Rainforest Cafe for dinner, but this allowed us to try some different places, and actually saved us so much, so we had more money for other things

- Chez Remy, this place was so amazing, the steak was one of the best steaks I have ever had, and the theme is probably one of the best I have seen in a resturaunt.

- Weather & Crowds, we didn't have to do too much queuing and the rides that did have a long wait we were able to fastpass quite easily, and the weather was really good, sunny everyday (a few clouds on the mornings), and everyday apart from 1 was 17/18.

- 25th deco and parade, the park looked amazing, the parade was amazing, nothing more to say on that really, just all very beautiful.

Now a few lows, but none of them were really Disney's fault.

- Smoking, the one thing that I feel has always been an issue at DLP, why people disregard the no smoking policy is beyond me, its a place full of families and children, so why people can't use the designated area's, I just don't get it.

- DS completely freaked out with characters, this is not DLPs fault, our DS is 22 months, we took him in December and he seemed to like the characters and even got a photo with him and pluto, this year was completely different, he seems to love the parks, and he enjoyed the rides... DW booked a character breakfast at Plaza Gardens for my Birthday morning, as soon as the characters came out DS was hysterical, absolutely screaming, literally shaking in my arms, DW was in tears as she thought she had ruined my birthday, we had to cut our breakfast short and leave as he just wouldn't calm down, whenever the characters were out. She had also booked character lunch at inventions for the Friday, but unfortunately had to cancel due to what happened at the breakfast, we couldn't risk taking him in, so she lost €100 on that. DS was a bit of grump the rest of the day, stressing at everything, not eating, drinking, we also had to cut short dinner as he was just not happy, we later found out he was teething and one of his doubles had pushed through, so that explained his grumpiness. The rest of the holiday he seemed much more relaxed (unless a character came near him!), and took things in quite well, although seemed a bit more overwhelmed at times, than back in December.

All in all we had an amazing time, and I feel so lucky to have a DW who went to so much effort to make my birthday amazing, I have also found a new love for DLP after staying onsite, it somehow made it that much more magical, there's no way I could go back to offsite now .
MK_club1987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 17, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Sounds like a fab trip - we love the hotels there too!

Shame about the little one - those teeth always seem to come at the worst time!

Thank you for taking the time to do highs and lows- always love reading other people's "snapshot" of their stay!
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 17, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I hope you don't mind me throwing in my highs and lows on your thread, but I think it's a great way of informing others with a quick snapshot!

Back from 4 nights over Easter weekend at The Cheyenne yesterday.

Highs

- The rides Ratatouille, Thunder Mountain, Peter Pan, Buzz Lightyear, Small World the kids loved.

- Mickey the Magicien show was great

- Meal at Chez Remy I agree fantastic food and setting

- Meal at Vapiano, had not been in one before, we went for an early dinner around 4pm, really enjoyed it

- Trip into Paris, up Eiffel Tower and to Sacre-Coeur

- Characters in the hotel every morning, easy to meet, helped the kids amasss 14 autographs! (Along with a trip to Auberge de Centrillon)

Lows

- I'd join you with the smoking, one guy puffing away under a no smoking sign, and a couple of blokes smoking weed outside our block at 10pm when we got back from Paris!

- Hotel breakfasts, sick of them after Day 1!

- People. Controversially I'm going to single out 'European' people shoving past in queues.

- Queues. People with any kind of passes getting preferential treatment.

- Overly complex roping off, opening/closing, timings of fast pass availability etc. An absolute minefield.

- Moteurs show had some great content but was poorly put together, my daughter asked if we could go!

- Parade & Fireworks again fantastic content but completely down to where you could get to view it from, so sticking this as a low.

- Customer service from say around 30% of various CM's was poor. Others were brilliant, but service slow, people on duty overly officious or dour. Worst was those not doing their job, thus prolonging queues.

Real mixed bag for me!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 17, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
MK_club1987
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ted74 View Post
I hope you don't mind me throwing in my highs and lows on your thread, but I think it's a great way of informing others with a quick snapshot!

Back from 4 nights over Easter weekend at The Cheyenne yesterday.

Highs

- The rides Ratatouille, Thunder Mountain, Peter Pan, Buzz Lightyear, Small World the kids loved.

- Mickey the Magicien show was great

- Meal at Chez Remy I agree fantastic food and setting

- Meal at Vapiano, had not been in one before, we went for an early dinner around 4pm, really enjoyed it

- Trip into Paris, up Eiffel Tower and to Sacre-Coeur

- Characters in the hotel every morning, easy to meet, helped the kids amasss 14 autographs! (Along with a trip to Auberge de Centrillon)

Lows

- I'd join you with the smoking, one guy puffing away under a no smoking sign, and a couple of blokes smoking weed outside our block at 10pm when we got back from Paris!

- Hotel breakfasts, sick of them after Day 1!

- People. Controversially I'm going to single out 'European' people shoving past in queues.

- Queues. People with any kind of passes getting preferential treatment.

- Overly complex roping off, opening/closing, timings of fast pass availability etc. An absolute minefield.

- Moteurs show had some great content but was poorly put together, my daughter asked if we could go!

- Parade & Fireworks again fantastic content but completely down to where you could get to view it from, so sticking this as a low.

- Customer service from say around 30% of various CM's was poor. Others were brilliant, but service slow, people on duty overly officious or dour. Worst was those not doing their job, thus prolonging queues.

Real mixed bag for me!
No course I don't mind you jumping in, the more the merrier
MK_club1987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 17, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I love reading people's highs and lows, so Thank You both.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 17, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Great reports.

Smoking is an issue across France not just Disney. I think people in France are generally more accepting of smoking than us Brits
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 17, 06:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Tubbsy
Very Serious Dibber

Definitely. DH has been working near Vimy for a couple of weeks. The place is beautiful but the cigarette butts were everywhere. This was during the Vimy remembrance service weekend, so there must have been a lot if people out cleaning the streets the night before.

I had hoped that smoking had reduced in DLP. During one of our visits, a man managed to palm a cigarette onto Casey Junior! That was not a pleasant ride!
Tubbsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List