Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 23 Apr 17, 12:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

Scooter rental for holiday.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a company to use?
Any experiences good or bad?
Thanks
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Teach0778
Imagineer

Teach0778's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
My mum uses Apple scooter every year. They deliver to our hotel and we don't need to be there for delivery.

They are not the newest scooters but never had a problem with one in the past 6 or 7 years!
Old 24 Apr 17, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

My sister uses Walker Mobility Scooter. They have always been great and again you don't need to be there for delivery. This year we are doing a split stay and they even helped with this as we don't have van room to get the scooter and luggage between resorts so have arranged it so they will transfer the scooter for us.
Old 24 Apr 17, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

Thanks both, ill look them up. Did you find you had the power to last through a park day?
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 17, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Feebee2 View Post
Thanks both, ill look them up. Did you find you had the power to last through a park day?
Only place we had difficulty was Magic Kingdom as we were parked miles from the entrance (they wouldn't let us go to the actual disabled area we had to park in the normal area and got there after 11am). Its a very long ride to the park we established. My sister always carried the charger in her basket though and so we just plugged it in at lunch in the restaurant area (asked a CM and they told us where to put it etc). Even then I think it would have lasted the day but we were paranoid.
Old 24 Apr 17, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
petetina
Imagineer

we use Randys every time we go--never had a problem with batteries lasting or anything else using them again this June
2009 sandy ridge
2013 watersong resort
2014 Deep Creek ct Clermont
2017 Thomson allocated on arrival
petetina is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by petetina View Post
we use Randys every time we go--never had a problem with batteries lasting or anything else using them again this June
Thanks for that. I'll look them up. I've only emailed one company so far with no response!
Old 3 May 17, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
BirdsluvDisney
Apprentice Imagineer

I used Sun scooters I found them very good, They also delivered to our villa and collected from the drive of our villa once our holiday was over.