Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 26 Feb 17, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post

I have tried getting medical insurance for serve c.o.p.d and nobody will touch me !I have tried thousands of online companies, even via lung foundation etc... any help please, I am not on oxygen
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 17, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

Are you by any chance a member of the WI? I've just discovered a policy with OpenTravel for members over 50 and there's no medical screening. Their sister company can offer cover if you're under 50 so it might be worth a look.
wdw-wanderer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 17, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
johnnysharp2
Excited about Disney

Just got a quote from Boots for single trip to USA, with pre-medical as I (Julie) have high blood pressure and son has epilepsy for £109. Great price I think as a previous quote with someone else was £800.
johnnysharp2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 17, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
BelfastFly
Getting Excited

Money supermarket is your friend - it's designed to take all of your pre conditions and then bring back quotes. It has saved us a fortune
BelfastFly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 17, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
MargaretMouse
VIP Dibber

My husband has COPD and I am have the same problem trying to get insurance. The cheapest I can find is 1:300 pounds. Please let me no if you can find any other insurers that will cover COPD.
Old 5 Mar 17, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

I used Just Travel last year and looking at current quotes will be using them again. They go into detail for all pre existing regardless of time so I'm happy that everything is covered.
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 17, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post

We have free insurance through Nationwide. TBH we've found them to be amazing - we had to cancel our holiday planned for March 2016 because daughter had a seizure the day before going and has since been diagnosed with epilepsy. We haven't had to pay anything extra this year for her - she is covered under the 1 medication rule and if they are happy then we are!
My one piece of advice is that don't go with a company because they are cheap - quite often a company is more expensive because if you do need to make a claim then they are actually half decent to talk to and deal with your claim etc.
Old 17 Mar 17, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
JayPR
Apprentice Imagineer

What's this 1 medication cover?Also have free insurance through nationwide but no mention of a 1 medication rule when I,ve spoken to them regards my pre existing condition.I took out a seperate policy to cover pre existing conditions as Nationwide's excess was high
JayPR is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 17, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by JayPR View Post
What's this 1 medication cover?Also have free insurance through nationwide but no mention of a 1 medication rule when I,ve spoken to them regards my pre existing condition.I took out a seperate policy to cover pre existing conditions as Nationwide's excess was high
My other half called Nationwide to advise them that DD now has epilepsy and is taking medication for it. When we have the cover policy come through for this coming year it mentioned a prior condition for me and nothing for DD. He called them to query it and was told that there is no increase in the premium because she is just on one medication. If she was on more than 1 there may well be an increase. Not 100% sure what they excess is if i'm honest but given the cost of treatment in the US or the total cost of the holiday if we did have to cancel (again!) then we'd be happy with a good couple of hundred excess if needed.
Old 20 Mar 17, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Another vote for Boots... family of 4... 1 with type 1 diabetes...two weeks cover for £120