Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 9 Mar 17, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Anyone else fallen out of love with it?

I can't believe I'm even considering it but I'm currently thinking of selling my contracts, have really lost the love over the last couple of years.

I've offered our 2017 & 2018 points to friends as have no desire to go back in the next couple of years am thinking that the following year will still be a good time to sell BCV contracts (although I think now would potentially be better with the exchange rate, almost wishing we hadn't given the points away!).

I'm a little in shock and gutted that I feel like it, half hoping a 2 year break will give me back the desire to go!

I don't think it's any one particular thing, just a combination of free DDP for cash buyers, falling exchange rate making it such an expensive trip (this year we've so far booked 2 weeks in a private villa in Lanzarote & 2 weeks in the Maldives all inclusive and it's still totalling less than our WDW trip last year!). The inflated costs onsite, new FP booking which I'm not a fan of as it takes away the spontaneity...

I'm not moaning about all these things btw, just trying to rationalise why I'm losing the love.

Anyone else?

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 17, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Pumpkin
Imagineer

We're too new to have lost love for it - but I hear where you are coming from.

I know we seemed to have spent a lot more money out there this past trip thanks to the crappy exchange rate A DVC friend and I often say how it would be nice to be offered some sort of incentive DDP...
OKW '14 | DxDDP '14 + Food Only 1 | Villa '13 | Villa '11 | DLP '10
Mrs Pumpkin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 17, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Yes, and we've just sold our OKW contract. We still have our BLT points though.

We thought if we were wanting to sell, now was the time with the exchange rate. We bought the contract at $2/£. I mailed our closing documents off today and didn't feel sad in the slightest.
Old 9 Mar 17, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I think this will be our,last trip, for all the reasons you have said and now I am bored with it! I never thought I would say that. ☹️
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 17, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I can relate. We haven't been for 3 years. I was excited To go this summer but the exchange rate and general expensiveness of everything is really dampening my enthusiasm. I'm ready to travel to other places as well.

I think the ddp has pushed meal prices so high that staying onsite without the dining plan has become very expensive.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 17, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post

We are DVC members but aren't visiting WDW for the time being. We are sick to death of hoardings and building sites and pay for this extra and pay for that extra. We are using our points for non USA holidays and this year it will be at Paris Disneyland. Any remaining points will be rented out.
We still love Disneyland very much and also Tokyo Disneyland and may visit those in the coming years.
We 're not thinking of selling our contacts (SSR and VGC) but it might be a consideration in the future.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 17, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
kevbrydon
VIP Dibber

kevbrydon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
This will be the 1st year that we are not going to Florida... we have been every year for 25 years and last 6/7 years going twice a year... also we haven't done the parks for last 6/7 years ( as DVC Members ) as my Sons are 25 and 29 now and and it was just me and the missus lol
We are trying something different this year like a weekend in London doing 2 shows March... 14 nights in Benidorm with Family May... 15 night NCL cruise to Norway/Iceland and British Isles August..and a week back in Benidorm with the 2 girls we look after November ...

We are going next year for a weeks cruise on the MSC Seaside and a week in our DVC April and hope we rekindle some feelings for Florida again

Edited at 09:31 PM.
kevbrydon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 17, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

I couldn't go yearly again with the best will in the world, really looking forward to this years trip so hopefully the break may make you feel a bit better
Old 9 Mar 17, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I can fully understand people falling out of love with Disney and even Florida. Disney has over the last few years ignored their core concept of customer satisfaction and focussed more on income generation which if you are a shareholder is fine, not if you are a visitor!
This year will mark the 41st year of my travels to the States and a few less for my Wife due to the fact she is younger.
We however go for multifarious reasons and the Parks are just one. For us it's the weather, the food, the fact it's English speaking and the beauty of being in one place as opposed to doing road trips as we once did.
The exchange rate is a killer and if we couldn't exploit cheap airfares by using Miles then we couldn't afford so many trips.
Europe holds no draw for us at all and apart from a few business trips I have never been there! And I don't intend to start now.
Where to next if we abandon Florida? Probably cruising the Caribbean one suspects.
People say try the Far East, mmm, not interested sorry.
Our hope is we can continue to visit for as long as our health allows and if that should fail then we will take stock and decide what next.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 11:09 PM.
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 17, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post

is all this " lost love " a case of just going to many times, people buy DVC with the idea of going every year, is it just too much ? ? ?

yes of course the exchange rate it poor, though we ate 1/2 the time onsite and the other 1/2 off, it seemed to work well and we ate at sweet tomato's twice and the first time with our coupons the meal and drinks were cheaper than out chef mickey tip, how crazy is that

I know people ( as Geoffa ) have said about all the building work, disney area really are dammed if they do and dammed if they dont, we all want new fresh stuff
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List