Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 17 Apr 17, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I haven't priced it up this year but last summer stayed OKW with free dining and a chunky room discount, it worked out pretty reasonable. Looks like priced have shot up this year? If correct I suspect British visitors will be down, a lot.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 17, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Well I just did check the price for 2018- for 1 week, 4 adults 2 kids over 10 in a 2 bed at OKW which we had last year, in August, no flights, just as we had last year, it's gone up £1500. Boy, am I glad I bought my DVC now. Next year we will use our DVC, eat much more quick service and when free DDP offer is ended I'm hoping they have the tickets on 25% discount again. With plenty of food and drink, taking into account dues cost, if I stayed at OKW I'd pay around £1500 less. If I stayed in a 1 bed at AKL like I intend to, knocking off say £1000 for the club level (They only do the club on the booking cash site), it's £5000 more.
Old 17 Apr 17, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisaw1971
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

What us site do you all
Use? If booking a package with free dd -
I think I'll
Go for it & save points for 2019

DLP Sept 1994 NY, 1998 SF, 2003NPB, 2005 off site, 2008NPB, NYE 2012 Explorers
WDW POR August 2013 14 nts
WDW POR August 2015 21 nts
DLP DCC AUGUST 2016 3nts
WDW DVC December 2016 10nts
Lisaw1971 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 17, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Lisa it's generally the US Disney site for me, their offers are generally slightly different eg. QSDP with Values & DDP with Mods upwards & I think that the qualifying days are less - UK is a minimum of 5 nights.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 17, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymadhouse
Imagineer

disneymadhouse's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
QSDP with Values & DDP with Mods upwards & I think that the qualifying days are less - UK is a minimum of 5 nights.
SD
From the rumours I've seen of the US free dining offer that's about to be released, it has now changed. Value and mod will get qsdp, only deluxe will get DDP.

1994 Lindfields Villa 1999 Polynesian/Disney Magic 2002 All Star Sports 2007 Best Western Lakeside 2012 OKW 2014 Disney Magic 2015 OKW/Disney Dream/AoA 2016 Disney Magic 2017 OKW 2018 Disney Dream / OKW / All Star Movies 2019 CBR
DVC Owner at OKW
disneymadhouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 17, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Oh no... succumbed to the temptation
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 17, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
I don't know the answer (do paying guests get preferred?) but I'd be interested to - I wonder if Mr Tom knows? :

But, I'd be pretty sure if you aren't booked as Preferred they won't let you stay in a Preferred room after your cash stay (can't hurt to ask though).

We must be odd because we always liked CP even back in 2003
DVC members are the only ones to get preferred going forwards is what I was told when checking in to SSR last week. They tried to put me in Carousel but I said their system allowed me to select CP when I did online checkin (an IT glitch app) so they moved me to CP. I have to say I really like SSR and CP and considering DVC myself.

Edited at 10:03 PM.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 17, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
unix the trick with DVC is to make your points go further & IMHO CP isn't worth the extra points, in Adventure season it's 14 points a week (studio) which doesn't sound much but when you are holiday planning, banking & borrowing it all adds up. It's also why all the "cheaper" rooms go at 11 months in the other resorts. Before the Disney Springs expansion you had no trouble getting CP as the majority of families wanted the Springs now all of a sudden because you are only 5 mins from DS they are preferred rooms :angry: For future reference Paddock 6800 block is the one that is opposite the CP bus stop ;-)
SD
Old 30 Apr 17, 12:44 AM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
unix the trick with DVC is to make your points go further & IMHO CP isn't worth the extra points, in Adventure season it's 14 points a week (studio) which doesn't sound much but when you are holiday planning, banking & borrowing it all adds up. It's also why all the "cheaper" rooms go at 11 months in the other resorts. Before the Disney Springs expansion you had no trouble getting CP as the majority of families wanted the Springs now all of a sudden because you are only 5 mins from DS they are preferred rooms :angry: For future reference Paddock 6800 block is the one that is opposite the CP bus stop ;-)
SD
Ooh good tips - I like the idea that you can be in CP without paying the preferred price in points. Although I was kind of hankering for a view over the lake to DS - meh I'll have to make do with the walk across. Thank you for your advice
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 17, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
We've done it before when, as others have said, we needed to buy park tickets and it worked for us but I did a rough number crunch a few weeks ago and I'm not sure. This time we'd be looking for a week in a studio for 3 before moving to a 1 bed DVC when DH arrives. We hardly eat on site now so the draw of free dining isn't huge. Also I'd be more interested in another ticket sale like they had earlier this year. If I could get the 14 day tickets for around £250 (or whatever they were) that would suit me much better.

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List