Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Apr 17, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Doesn't Busch Gardens have a similar system (though its years since I've been there)?
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Posiesmum View Post
Doesn't Busch Gardens have a similar system (though its years since I've been there)?
Yes they have cable cars. They are usually down for 95% of the day when we've visited due to inclement weather! :angry:

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 17, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
POFQfan
slightly serious Dibber

Haven't read the whole thread so not sure if anyone else has said this but...

I am really not sure how this can add value related to the cost of the project - and I agree that it could potentially be an eyesore. Really wish they would spend the money on something else for example adding countries to World Showcase.
POFQfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 17, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by POFQfan View Post
Haven't read the whole thread so not sure if anyone else has said this but...

I am really not sure how this can add value related to the cost of the project - and I agree that it could potentially be an eyesore. Really wish they would spend the money on something else for example adding countries to World Showcase.
Well, if you consider that the other resorts that have non-bus direct transport to the parks are all deluxe resorts (eg. the MK monorail resorts and the Epcot Boardwalk resorts) then I suspect Disney may be considering making CBR into a deluxe resort. And therefore charging more to stay there.

Or maybe they'll leave it as a moderate resort but still charge more - it'll be an expensive moderate rather than a cheap moderate as it is at the moment. Similarly maybe they'll charge more to stay at AoA and Pop?

The increased room costs together with the (relatively small) saving on a reduced bus service between HS and Epcot and from the affected resorts may pay for this gondola system over the long term.

Adding more countries to WS doesn't attract any more money. An Australia pavilion (for example) is hardly going to increase the number of guests at Epcot. Therefore, there's no incentive for Disney to do this.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 17, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
LottiesLot
Excited about Disney

We've just returned from 2 weeks at AofA. This might explain the huge amount of building work that was going on by the side of the road just next to the resort. It caused no disturbance until our last day when a giant pile-driver arrived and was pounding away for a good long time. We commented that whatever was under construction obviously required some very deep foundations...
LottiesLot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 17, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
jojj
Disney Mad Scrapbooker!

I wonder how long it will take to build?

WDW -97, 05, 06, 2009/2010, 2011
DLC - 1998
DLP -17 Times
jojj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 17, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
kcsunshine73
Imagineer

kcsunshine73's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I'm just pleased to find out that yes there was a CC back in the 80s when I first visited aged 11y. Didn't go again until I was grown up with my own kids 2010+ and I knew there was something missing near the Swiss Cottage! Ahhh. Thank you for that!
DL SanFrancisco to Anaheim Discovery Aug '23 ; WDW Emerald Isle/Florida Keys Dec'18/Jan'19; Dolphin, NYE 2015 DL HROC - 2013-14 Anaheim/LA/San Diego Tokyo Tokyo Disney Sea -April 2013 WDW - Tuscan Villa, GrandFlo & POFQ - Christmas 2012 WDW - Westridge, DCL Magic, ASMu 2011 DLRP - all the hotels (APHs 2007-2011) DLRP SF - March 2006 - DLRP DCR - August 2005 WDW Kissimmee - June 1984
kcsunshine73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 17, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
LottiesLot
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by jojj View Post
I wonder how long it will take to build?
Not very long by the looks of things last week - it's already under way.
LottiesLot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 17, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
jojj
Disney Mad Scrapbooker!

very exciting! was hoping to go next summer so be nice if its finished if not then would be 2019

WDW -97, 05, 06, 2009/2010, 2011
DLC - 1998
DLP -17 Times
jojj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 17, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
snowy_666x
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
I'm with you in that I think monorails look more futuristic - even if they've been around for ages (Disneyland opened its monorail back in 1959). However, I think that's partially to do with the design of gondola cars versus monorail trains. Perhaps a gondola design more like this would change our minds:

I also like the idea of merging the cable car and monorail into something more like the maglev SkyTran monorail:

A gondola system that looked like the above would be cool.
I'm not good with height so until I see it I'm not sure whether I would go on but these designs look good they might sway me lol
snowy_666x is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List