Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 23 Apr 17, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Mobile Soarin' Tour and SSR

Hi all, DH and I are taking an impromptu break in the magic - can't tell you how grateful we are to have bought in and are able to do this. Anyway 2 questions:

1. Soarin' Tour. I have just seen this on the dvc member page and thought it was a good way to sneak a ride on Soarin' without using a FP, has anyone done it? Was it good? We like backstage tours and this one seems a good freebie (don't get many of them!)

2. We are staying in SSR for the first time, I know there is a walkway to DS near Congress, but is there another which brings you out at Westside / OKW from near the Turf Club (she says with feigned knowledge from combing maps)? How long does this walk take if it exists?

Thanks everyone x
Niki T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Hi. Thats reminded me to ring again ref the Soarin tour as last time I did it was fully booked, thanks for the heads up.

You can walk to the West Side. As you say take the path by the back of the Turf Club that is also the little road for golf buggies. Do watch them some of those pensioners are nuts!
It goes alongside the lake and comes out right by Cirque de Soliel.
Make sure the sprinklers aren't on as I got caught out much to my regret!
Ten mins max from the Turf Club but don't do it in the dark as there is no lighting.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyloverz
Imagineer

Disneyloverz's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I did the soarin tour earlier this month, it was nice to get a ride without queueing too much (we were taken down the fastpass line so still waited a little).

We were shown the outside of the building (backstage) and got to smell one of the old scent canisters, other than that the guide just talked to us about Disney history, a little about the land building and a little about soarin- to be honest it wasn't as good as I expected but at least it was free
Many Happy Returns INDEX - May/June 2023
Disneyloverz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thank you both.

I think we'll book it - Mr Tom Morrow, hope there is availability for you this time not long to go at all for you, so have a great time. Thanks also for the heads up on the path, we'll watch out for Sunday drivers and sprinklers 😂

Disneyloverz, thanks for the info on the tour. Soarin' isn't our favourite Epcot ride and often begrudge using a tier 1 FP on it (I know, I'll go and wash my mouth out with soap), but that said we wouldn't miss it.

Another quick one, thinking of requesting the grandstand area, is this a mistake?

Thanks again x
Niki T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Grandstand is the best for those using buses (first pick up, first drop off) and also those with younger children as the pool is less frantic and zero entry. Plus there is a drinks station there. Closely followed by the Paddocks in my view.
However being an old fart I like Congress Park as the pool is small and quiet. Also no drinks station which is great as it keeps families away

Regarding Soarin if we dont get it this trip we will try for the Aug or Nov ones.

Edited at 05:02 PM.
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Keeping families away would be ideal for us this time, but points wouldn't stretch to congress after our impromptu visit last year and SSR was the only resort with full availability for our dates proximity to DS was always a draw here anyway so we weren't disappointed. Hopefully this is our last impromptu visit and our last without children, but then again we've been hoping it is our last without children for a good few years!

I think we'll stick to Grandstand as we do rely on busses - just so we can indulge in a cocktail or two 😉, we not massive pool goers and if we do fancy an afternoon by the pool we might head over to congress 😊
Thanks for all the tips, looking forward to our August trip, so might see you there if you are going late August? x
Old 24 Apr 17, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Niki T View Post
Keeping families away would be ideal for us this time, but points wouldn't stretch to congress after our impromptu visit last year and SSR was the only resort with full availability for our dates proximity to DS was always a draw here anyway so we weren't disappointed. Hopefully this is our last impromptu visit and our last without children, but then again we've been hoping it is our last without children for a good few years!

I think we'll stick to Grandstand as we do rely on busses - just so we can indulge in a cocktail or two 😉, we not massive pool goers and if we do fancy an afternoon by the pool we might head over to congress 😊
Thanks for all the tips, looking forward to our August trip, so might see you there if you are going late August? x
We are there mid August to mid Sept. The first 2 weeks we will have our 6yr old Granddaughter with us so that will be different!
Must remember to book FP's for Dumbo and not Space Mountain!
The last 2 weeks you will find us asleep by the Congress park pool!

Old 24 Apr 17, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
We are there mid August to mid Sept. The first 2 weeks we will have our 6yr old Granddaughter with us so that will be different!
Must remember to book FP's for Dumbo and not Space Mountain!
The last 2 weeks you will find us asleep by the Congress park pool!
We'll give you a wave as DH marches me past the pool en route to DS 😂.

Enjoy the Dumbo's, in 15 trips I've never done them - saving them for when we eventually have our family. You'll definitely need your pool time after all the running around your granddaughter will have you doing, I'm sure 😊 x