Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Apr 17, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
berniegroves
Apprentice Imagineer

Best time for Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique

Hi All,

We are travelling in October and during the holiday our DD will have her 6th birthday.
So I want to book her in to BBB on that day at Magic Kingdom.

But this is all new to us so I was wondering if people had suggestions on the best time to try and book for?

I was thinking about 10.30? So we had a quiet hour in the park, but then she still gets plenty of time made up?

What do you think?

Thanks in advance
berniegroves is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Pineappley
Helping Donald

Mobile

It used to be beneficial to book it really early before the park opened so you could get photos while there were hardly any other people around.

Now that everyone is allowed in the park early we're doing it differently this year, and how you are suggesting. I've got 11am so we will do an hour or so of rides, breakfast and then check in for BBB at 10:45. Then I think we will do tamer stuff in the afternoon that won't be inhibited by the dress etc.
Pineappley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
berniegroves
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pineappley View Post
It used to be beneficial to book it really early before the park opened so you could get photos while there were hardly any other people around.

Now that everyone is allowed in the park early we're doing it differently this year, and how you are suggesting. I've got 11am so we will do an hour or so of rides, breakfast and then check in for BBB at 10:45. Then I think we will do tamer stuff in the afternoon that won't be inhibited by the dress etc.
Thanks. That was my thinking too. So its nice to know others are thinking along the same lines.

I didn't even realise you could get bookings that early in the morning. lol.
berniegroves is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 17, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Mobile

That way she will also make the most of being a princess for the day. She will love it. Do they do adults? 😜
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 17, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
jojj
Disney Mad Scrapbooker!

last year, we couldn't get an earlyish slot for the 7 day at disney that we wanted to do, so in the end the earliest we could get was 3.15pm. I was a little worried that she wouldn't have enough time to make the most of it, but it turned out to be an amazing day, and she had just turned 5 so I think we just had the right amount of time!

After her makeover we did photos in castle couture, then she met cinderella and sleeping beauty, then had some lovely photos taken with the memory maker in front of the castle , then we did enchanted tales with belle where she was chosen to be the beast so got to dance with belle , then she changed out of her cinderella dress and into a belle dress and we had dinner at be our guest which was fab! she met the beast! then we took more photos, and wondered about in the evening until quite late. I don't know if she would have lasted all day in her dress into the evening too. her hair stayed in the next day too, but we took the bun out and she just had a pony tail.

if you want a quieter morning then make sure you don't choose a magic kingdom early hour day, that may help.

what else do you plan to do on your BBB day?

WDW -97, 05, 06, 2009/2010, 2011
DLC - 1998
DLP -17 Times
jojj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 17, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss AliJS
VIP Dibber

Sometimes it can just be a case of taking whatever time is available. Ilf you are staying onsite you should be ok but I phoned last week (we are offsite) and earliest I could get was 5.30. We have decided to try the one at Disney Springs instead as it is a new shop. It is a lovely experience and sure your daughter will enjoy it.
OCT 2018- Emerald Island/HRH
OCT 2019- Back to Windsor Hills/Portofino Bay
OCT 2020 and 2021- Not to be
APRIL 2022- New York
JUNE 2022- Rosen Inn LBV/RPR
APRIL 2023- Emerald Island/Endless Summer
OCT 2024- Emerald Island/RPR
Miss AliJS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 17, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
weeleighluigi
Imagineer

I literally got the last castle slot in our 3 week holiday last june. Just after 4pm. I thought it was late but by the time girls camee out it was a bit cooler, they were merida and belle. We got some nice photos in front of the castle.

When they tie their hair up its quite sturdy... my girls went to animal kingdom the next day still looking perfect, they had both got the luxury jasmine costume, there was a big fuss made of them.

If your girl is happy to keep the hair in, you get the makeup to take away... they can rock bibbidi bobbidi boutique more than a day!
weeleighluigi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 17, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
berniegroves
Apprentice Imagineer

Yeah I know I may not get to choose a time slot, but I thought it was best to be prepared anyway. :-)

Thanks everyone.
Old 25 Apr 17, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
maxi0479
slightly serious Dibber

I was able to choose a time slot for my DH. We booked in for 10am and she loved having on her dress for the whole day. The CM are so attentive when they see girls all dressed up and make then feel so special.

2015 Coronado Spring & HRH, 2017 Port Orleans Riverside & Villa, 2020 Cancelled due to COVID, 2021 Villa & Universal Loews Royal Pacific
maxi0479 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
berniegroves
Apprentice Imagineer

So today was booking day. And so my husband decided today was the day he would accidentally take my phone with him to work! Seriously!

I emailed him all the details and he was able to phone them and book her in.
All the morning slots were gone, but we are booked in for 1.30, so still plenty of the day left :-)