Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Apr 17, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink 45
VIP Dibber

Is 2018 more expensive?

Been looking for 2018 and have been quite astounded at the prices. Up to now have just looked at packages, Thomson, Thomas Cook, Virgin etc. just for DH and myself we'd be looking at £5000, inc car. This is much more than we paid for 3 weeks last year! Anyone managed to bag a bargain? Flying with who, accommodation with who?
Thanks Dibbers X
Tink 45 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Picklepuppy
Imagineer

Mobile

When are you flying?
Picklepuppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink 45
VIP Dibber

Been looking at May but now considering October! It just seems to be much more expensive! X
Tink 45 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I'm going on a solo trip next year. I can't drive so no car. Booking Disney direct, staying 2 weeks at a POFQ standard room in September 2018, including Disney tickets and upgraded dining plan, is costing me £3,255 - this doesn't include flights. The room single supplement is a stinger. So I think £5000 is a good price for two of you.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink 45
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
I'm going on a solo trip next year. I can't drive so no car. Booking Disney direct, staying 2 weeks at a POFQ standard room in September 2018, including Disney tickets and upgraded dining plan, is costing me £3,255 - this doesn't include flights. The room single supplement is a stinger. So I think £5000 is a good price for two of you.
Ah well that's not too bad for us, yours is a lot to pull out on your own! It is always worth it no matter the cost! Thanks for your reply! X
Old 24 Apr 17, 07:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Lemag
Excited about Disney

Mobile

What about looking at a Virgin Flydrive? For 2 of you it will
Probably be about £1200 for May time... then book accommodation separately?
Lemag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 17, 07:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Big Dog
Imagineer

Mobile

It's a bit early for accurate and affordable 2018 prices unless you are flying between January and April. Summer prices will be more accurate come September IMO
Big Dog is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 17, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We have booked 19th May 2018 for two weeks. Booked a package with virgin which includes direct economy flights from Manchester and 3 nights at hard rock hotel - this is classed as a package, so able to book flights early. The total cost of this is £3100 (the hotel alone is £950 if separated, so think this is a great deal). We have then booked Saratoga Springs for 11 nights with free Disney dining, memory maker, $200 gift card etc and tickets for £4380. There are 2 adults and 2 children. I think this is a good deal - £7480 for everything - will unlikely spend as much as have free dining. Just need to get universal tickets but looking at base tickets to Dave a. It if money as they are extortionate compared to last year!
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 17, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I would wait and then look at the prices when airlines have released flights, I.e 10-11 months before your return journey. People booking very early tend to pay a premium.

The general opinion in answering the initial question, however is... yes.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 17, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
davdawnbro
Getting Excited

Well, I booked through Thomson for October this year and for 2a2c we paid £4400 for 14nights at the Avanti on idrive (inc transfers and extra legroom seats). Just out of curiosity and boredom I priced up the exact same holiday for next year and it's almost £1000 cheaper!
davdawnbro is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List