Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Apr 17, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
joeym
Excited about Disney

Aer lingus ncl dub Mco

Just booked flights with aer lingus from ncl to Mco with a 4 hour layover in Dublin this is the first time we have done this route
Any advice ? Plz x
Old 25 Apr 17, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We do man dub MCO and love it, had the price been right this year we would've done it again. We usually upgrade our meal on the dub MCO route on the way out but not on the way back x
Niki T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeysbuddy
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Just curious, from what I've seen Aer Lingus don't offer premium economy seating.

Anyone paid extra to sit on the exit rows?
mickeysbuddy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hi ! I considered it this year but to have it for myself, my hubbie and the 2 children behind us it was costing €210 each way. Too much im afraid but if I only had to buy for 2 I definitely would have done it.

Aer Lingus are great. Hope you enjoy travelling with them.
Old 25 Apr 17, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeysbuddy

I'm not going until December 2018, but I hate cramp spaces.
Looks like its €60 upgrade each way so will be about €240, i'll most likely do it. Aer Lingus seem to have nothing but good reports which is good.
mickeysbuddy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DD did it last year I think they waited 7-8 hours at Dublin on the way back because they were not allowed to book onto the morning flight to NCL as times were tight. As it turns out the flight from Florida got in early but they still weren't allowed on.
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Moz
Imagineer

Moz's Reviews
Originally Posted by mickeysbuddy View Post
Just curious, from what I've seen Aer Lingus don't offer premium economy seating.

Im doing this next week... I travel EDI to DUB then 2 hours later on the DUB - ORD [Chicago] flight on Tuesday

Same coming back on the Thursday night, arriving Friday morning
Have booked exit row seat on both long haul parts... will let you know what they are like
Moz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickeysbuddy View Post

We regularly use AL and always book the exit rows. For us it is good value.
What is also worth doing is the meal upgrade. While AL food in economy is generally good compared to the likes of VS or BA etc, the upgraded meals are excellent.

In my view, AL is better in every respect to other airlines in terms of their economy service. Add in pre-clearance and they are lightyears ahead of the other airlines.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeysbuddy

Originally Posted by Moz View Post
Im doing this next week... I travel EDI to DUB then 2 hours later on the DUB - ORD [Chicago] flight on Tuesday

Same coming back on the Thursday night, arriving Friday morning
Have booked exit row seat on both long haul parts... will let you know what they are like
Look forward to your update, enjoy your trip

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
We regularly use AL and always book the exit rows. For us it is good value.
What is also worth doing is the meal upgrade. While AL food in economy is generally good compared to the likes of VS or BA etc, the upgraded meals are excellent.

In my view, AL is better in every respect to other airlines in terms of their economy service. Add in pre-clearance and they are lightyears ahead of the other airlines.
Is there any issues with leg room? What Exit seats did you book?
The ones at the front (Row 8 possibly) or the ones at the back?

Have heard the leg room can be restricted by the emergency slide.
Old 25 Apr 17, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Moz
Imagineer

Moz's Reviews
[QUOTE=mickeysbuddy;12474011]Look forward to your update, enjoy your trip

Its for work..!...fly on Tuesday, meeting on Wednesday then back on Thursday - into Friday morning
Doing the same trip again last week in May

I have seat 30k going from DUB to ORD
Then 30A from ORD to DUB... exit row seats at the window side...I believe the leg room may be restricted due to the slide, if I remember I will take a couple of photos

first time on Aer Lingus for me as well...
Moz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List