Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Apr 17, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
missmouse
Very Serious Dibber

Flight increase for friends-HELP!

Hi all

I've just called VH to enquire about an upgrade price from economy to PE and they quoted a price I'm happy with so I told her to add it on. Now because we've a joint booking with our friends she's telling me she has to cancel the existing booking, take them off and re-book them on the same flight and it will cost them an additional £400.

It seems we are all suffering here. My friends do not wish to upgrade but we do!
I-Drive 2001, I-Drive & Clearwater 2003, I-Drive 2004, I-Drive 2006, ASMO Chrimbo 2006, Vista Cay 2008, POR Aug 2010 DLP Aug 2012 Rosen Plaza IDrive 2013, Sandpearl Clearwater Beach, Doubletree by Hilton at Seaworld 2015, I-Drive 2016
missmouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

So if I am reading this correctly - you are wanting to upgrade, but this will increase the cost for the others? If I have got this right, surely you cant expect them to pay given it is you changing the booking?
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
TillySmith
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by missmouse View Post
Hi all

I've just called VH to enquire about an upgrade price from economy to PE and they quoted a price I'm happy with so I told her to add it on. Now because we've a joint booking with our friends she's telling me she has to cancel the existing booking, take them off and re-book them on the same flight and it will cost them an additional £400.

It seems we are all suffering here. My friends do not wish to upgrade but we do!
As you are the ones wanting to upgrade to PE any additional costs are yours surely ?
You made the choice to alter your booking conditions with an upgrade not your friends.
TillySmith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
missmouse
Very Serious Dibber

There are 4 of us going, myself and my husband are the ones who want to upgrade but our friends don't.

Virgin are saying because we are all on one booking they would need to cancel this and book our friends a "new" flight which today is showing as a £400 increase.

Why can't they just upgrade my husband and I without affecting our friend's booking? Or is that too simple for them?
I-Drive 2001, I-Drive & Clearwater 2003, I-Drive 2004, I-Drive 2006, ASMO Chrimbo 2006, Vista Cay 2008, POR Aug 2010 DLP Aug 2012 Rosen Plaza IDrive 2013, Sandpearl Clearwater Beach, Doubletree by Hilton at Seaworld 2015, I-Drive 2016
missmouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Cabbie
Imagineer

Cabbie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Virgin are saying because we are all on one booking they would need to cancel this and book our friends a "new" flight which today is showing as a £400 increase.

Why can't they just upgrade my husband and I without affecting our friend's booking? Or is that too simple for them?
But your friends don't have a booking! As you said yourself you are all on one booking.

-Steve
Florida-07,08,09,10,11,12,14,16,17,19,21,23 California-06,10,11,15,23,24 Vegas 12,13,15,22 New York- 05,08,12,17,23 Washington DC-09 Boston-07,10 Hong Kong-05,16 Tokyo-05 Dubai-09,14 Jamaica-12 Abu Dhabi-18 Shanghai-18 Toronto-19 Singapore-22
Cabbie is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I agree with the others. By your own admission it's one booking so you should pay the extra since it's you who want to change the booking. Why should your friends be out of pocket through no fault of their own? Did you read the terms and conditions before making the booking? They're there for a reason.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I understand what the OP is saying. So why can't just some of the people on one booking pay to be upgraded and leave the rest where they are?
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post

I'm not sure whether it's possible with it being on the same holiday booking but would it be worth speaking to VA instead to see if it's possible to upgrade two of the four seats?

I may be wrong but as I understand, there's a separate reference for them - VH told us that they are completely separate from VA (when I tried to get them to add on free select your seat to our holiday!) so it's worth a try?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

There are 4 of us going, myself and my husband are the ones who want to upgrade but our friends don't.

But it is a single booking. If you wanted to be able to manage them independently, then they should really have been on two separate bookings.

We often book for ourselves and another couple and I always do two bookings in case one of us has to change or cancel.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Lell
Imagineer

Lell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
If it one booking, I think you should either pay the £400 as your friends shouldn't be penalised because you are choosing to change the booking or you should just stick with Economy as planned.
DLP (Disney Explorers) Sep 2004, DLP (Sequoia Lodge) Sep 2007, Disney CSR/Universal RPR Oct 2010, Disney AKL Oct 2012, Doubletree by Hilton at Seaworld Oct 2014, West Coast Road Trip 2017, Florida Road Trip 2018, West Coast Road Trip 2019, East Coast/Canada Road trip 2022, National Parks Road Trip 2023
Lell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List