Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 25 Apr 17, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post

When is it coldest at DLP?

We have been at the beginning of December and it was not too bad temperature wise. It was cold but bearable, needed coats, gloves and hats, but not the thermals. So was just wondering when the temperature really drops, is it late December or after this?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

We've been in January & it was mild both times! We've been in March quite a few times & although it is usually blue skies & sunny, sometimes there's a wind chill. We were there last week & 2 out of the 5 days was freezing but again blue & sunny skies!
Going in October & December this yr too, but I'll be prepared for the cold! End of Aug is my fav time to go now, I do like the heat around the parks!

Edited at 05:38 PM.
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Winter as a generalisation

Jan and Feb normally if high pressure becomes established pulling in cold air from the north and Siberia/ Russia.

Disney332
Old 25 Apr 17, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

We went October half term a few years ago and it was arctic. Temperatures around freezing all the time and at times accompanied by a steady sleety rain. I know we were unlucky and this probably isn't the norm but it was pure misery.

The first time we went was in February half term and it was sunny and relatively mild.

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC

Edited at 05:49 PM.
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
It's pretty much the same as the UK except 'a bit more so' whichever!

Last November it was fine until the last day which got a bit cold.

Been in February and it was wet but not cold.

I struggle more with the heat than the cold, personally - at least you can put more clothes on, but there's only so much you can take off!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

I've been over Christmas and it was at least minus 2 or 3. My dad and brother were utterly miserable and ruined the holiday for my mum and I- it all depends on your personal tolerance but there's a lot to be said for layers (leggings under jeans!) and hand warmers from Poundland!
Disneyland's hot chocolate is also delicious plus they sometimes serve tomato soup with croutons in Fantasyland.

Edited at 07:46 PM.
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

i struggle with both extremes, what I don't like is when you're standing around in the freezing cold and dark waiting for evening parades etc, the chill can really really get to you then, and yes, I can feel pretty miserable when I'm that cold (even at DLP ).

The potential for freezing and below freezing is highest at DLP in January and February - and like Gill has said, it tends to be a couple of degrees warmer at DLP in summertime, and a couple of degrees colder in wintertime, compared to the UK.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

we have done a few different times in the year and Feb was the coldest but i think that you could expect the same temps from dec - march. In Dec we had a nice warm day and then a freezing fog and temp was way down, so i would say no specific.

If you check out the weather history December and Feb are the lowest link
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

We have done February, March and October and have found February to be the coldest by far. Some trips have been colder than others (February 2016 comes to mind!) but it had a!ways been cold. Out of the four times we have been in February, we have had snow for some part of the time on 3 of the trips. However, I've never been so cold I've been miserable. Lots and lots of layers, thermal socks and a decent hat and I can cope with anything!

This is the Queen of Hearts telling DD off last February because she didn't have her scarf on properly. As you can see, I have many layers on!
clochette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
I have been colder at WDW than I ever have at DLP (minus 2 several days in Dec 2010, lived in my winter coat!) and warmer at DLP than WDW (in the 30s in August which I hated).
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List