Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 30 May 08, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post

the final bit

our mickey alarm woke us up and told us "there's fun to be had"

after a quick shower we packed up and with one last look from the balcony we headed back to animators for brekkie, we had another lovely brekkie and then it was time to leave the ship

the process of leaving is very smooth and it would have to be as i suspect there are very few happy faces to be coming off, collecting the cases we had a slight panic when we thought one was missing but we soon found it with the porters help (for which he was given a bigger tip) he rolled them outside to our driver and with another limo trip waiting for us to ease the pain of leaving the ship, waving bye to the ship like big idiots we were soon heading back to the villa with a movie to watch for the kids and the sodas discovered in the ice box did a great job of distracting them that the cruise was finally over

i would have been gutted if we were going home but with still another week left of the holiday i could handle the cruise coming to an end

would we do it again? well that's easy the answer would be yes definately

the stangest thing no one has mentioned in all the pre cruise reading i did was that you still feel the effects of the ships movements for a good day after there was many a time sat on the lounger by the vila pool that i felt the motion of the ship, dh reckons the kahula i was consuming at the time could have played a part as he didn't suffer from this strange sensation at all

so that's it the end - i hope you enjoyed reading it and that it wasn't too long or boring
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 08, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
rylisal
Imagineer

Great report..it bought back lovely memories of our 3 nighter last year!
AND I always get tearful when it comes to Disney so you're not alone there!
So when you booking the next?
We went Feb last year & by April it had got me so bad i booked our forthcoming 7 night one..So we will watch this space... !
Miami 1991(honeymoon!),Quality Inn Int Dv 1992,Buenaventura lakes Villa 1993,Quality Inn Int Dv 1995,Quality Inn Int dv 1997,Days Inn Lakeside 2000,Masters Inn Maingate 2002,Ramada Plaza MGate 2004, Liki Tiki Feb 2007 & Disney Wonder Cruise,DLP Feb '08,Terre Verde,DCL & Indian Shores Oct '08,Canada Aug09,June/July '10 CP & RPR, Feb/Mar '14 Mystic Dunes, Unversals RPR & POR, June/July '16 Florida road trip Sept '18 DLP!
rylisal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 08, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post

The ship looks great , hope the little fella got better real quick. Looking forward to seeing more.

NIKKI
Old 30 May 08, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Great report and thanks for posting

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 08, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
jdybnsn
Imagineer

Great report - I really enjoyed reading it and your pictures are brilliant (mental note to self to definitely ditch my seriously bad Olympus FE170 before next cruise)

Wow ... the size of that balcony ! ... looked like you almost had your own private deck !

Made ours look like a shoe box ... nevermind the view is exactly the same (lol).

**GOLD CASTAWAY CAY MEMBERS !**Feb2002- I Drive Feb2004- PORS Feb2006 -Regal Palms/4 Night Disney Wonder Feb2008- Reunion /Disney Magic Western/Omni@CG Feb2010 - Reunion/Disney Magic Eastern/Hammock Beach PalmCoast July2010- Disney Magic 8 Night Dover-Barcelona July2011 Disney Magic10 Night Med.Feb2012-Anna Maria Island/Disney Dream X2/Hyatt GC. May 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern
jdybnsn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 08, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Have never been on a cruise but the pics are fab, appears I'm missing out!
Old 30 May 08, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
*source*
Imagineer

Brilliant reading So glad you had such a good time! x
*source* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 08, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Glad you enjoyed in Marie, hopefully your next trip to Fl you will be at Windwood Bay again and we can enjoy a cocktail or 5! xx

P.S I don't like the Bahamas but didn't want to say anything before you went, just incase! I went in 87 and it was the same then.
Old 4 Jun 08, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
purple myra
Imagineer

purple myra's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
An excellent trip report...but why is it hidden away in the cruise forum? I'm sure lots of people would love to read this and be inspired to cruise.
Thanks for taking the time to do the report and your photos are fantastic.
purple myra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 08, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
jentill
Imagineer

jentill's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 11
That was a great report - I just loved your photos, brings back so many memories.
jentill is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List